Congrats to Dennis Haar....no matter what happens today

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won't be able to be on later today or watch any matches so I wanted to take this time to create this thread.

Dennis is a local guy from where I live and he has had a more than exceptional showing at the US Open 10 ball. He is down to the final four players and is currently up 3 to 1 on Alcaide in the 10:30 am match.

I would like to wish him best of luck today and no matter what happens he has proved he is one hell of a player. Good Luck Dennis, put them in the hole bub!

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He has also been a complete gentleman to interact with and has demonstrated good sportsmanship.

JMuck

Silver Member
Dennis won a couple of South Dakota State Championships before he moved in his early 20's.I remember him as having a strong mind and very solid technique.Methodical pace around the table with a strong will to win.

kath13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too right 1on1! More to see from Dennis! Congratulations to him on a great tournament! So exciting to see him do so well! Dennis is a great player! Love watching him play and just wish they could have live-streamed his match. :)

will8834

Adcock Cues
Silver Member
Brian Brekke
James Baraks
Antonio Neves
Corey Harper
Mitch Ellerman
Mike Dechaine
Johnathan Pinegar

Pretty tough crew you made it through.
Congratulations

supercue

supercue
Silver Member
we go back a few

Dennis is a good man ,have a lot of respect for him.I recall him asking me for some pointers when he was striving to win the South Dakota State title,which He finally did. Like my grandson ,Shane VanBoening,Dennis has always shown me good sportsmanship and good manners at or away from the table.
I haven't seen Dennis in many years. We were in a tourney in Belle Fouche,South Dakota and we were in the finals. No way could I imagine that he and Shane would play each other in a big tournament like this.Shane was just an infant then. Yes, I'm very proud of Dennis and Shane ,the way they represent the the game.
By the way ,( I don't know if Dennis will remember.but) I won that Tournament. LOL
Gary Bloomberg

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is a good man ,have a lot of respect for him.I recall him asking me for some pointers when he was striving to win the South Dakota State title,which He finally did. Like my grandson ,Shane VanBoening,Dennis has always shown me good sportsmanship and good manners at or away from the table.
I haven't seen Dennis in many years. We were in a tourney in Belle Fouche,South Dakota and we were in the finals. No way could I imagine that he and Shane would play each other in a big tournament like this.Shane was just an infant then. Yes, I'm very proud of Dennis and Shane ,the way they represent the the game.
By the way ,( I don't know if Dennis will remember.but) I won that Tournament. LOL
Gary Bloomberg
Great to hear this about both guys, although I already new it about Shane. Its what we need in this sport! congrates to both players