I reeled In Another One

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
There were two house painters painting the house next door today. I saw that one was very interested in watching me play on the patio from his ladder. I figured I’d start missing a lot of shots and make believe I didn’t know he was watching. Hell, I figured it won’t cost me anything and it’s good lemon practice.

About a half-hour later he comes up to the fence and says, “You hit them pretty good, want to play a few games?”
I say, “I only play for cheap sets, like a $100 or two for a race to 7 nine-ball.”
“I’ll play you one set, race to seven for $200”, He said.

To make this short, he came over. I let him use my Dale Perry and my break cue. I won the set 7-2. Both games he won by making the 9 on the snap once and a dead one-foot combo on the 9 the other game. He had a killer break, but his game wasn’t too much.

Now let’s see. That’s the landscaper for $300, the mailman for $275, the Fedex guy for $220, and now the painter for $200 in less than 6-months, and I never had to leave home. I only wish My patio was on the street side. Then I could really get some traffic. I love when plans come together. Johnnyt

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There were two house painters painting the house next door today. I saw that one was very interested in watching me play on the patio from his ladder. I figured I’d start missing a lot of shots and make believe I didn’t know he was watching. Hell, I figured it won’t cost me anything and it’s good lemon practice.

About a half-hour later he comes up to the fence and says, “You hit them pretty good, want to play a few games?”
I say, “I only play for cheap sets, like a $100 or two for a race to 7 nine-ball.”

To make this short, he came over. I let him use my Dale Perry and my break cue. I won the set 7-2. Both games he won by making the 9 on the snap once and a dead one-foot combo on the 9 the other game. He had a killer break, but his game wasn’t too much.

Now let’s see. That’s the landscaper for $300, the mailman for $275, the Fedex guy for $220, and now the painter for $200 in less than 6-months, and I never had to leave home. I only wish My patio was on the street side. Then I could really get some traffic. I love when plans come together. Johnnyt
Johnny you are too fckn funny man. Pretty soon everyones houses are going to look like shit, yards will be over run with weeds and nobody will be getting their mail/packages. Hell maybe you should hire a contractor to move your patio to the front of your house. Sounds like he would probably end up paying you for him to do it for you :D:D:D

BVal

MikeM

Pool Lover
Silver Member
Hilarious story!

Have to get out there early tomorrow and lure in the paper boy! Don't forget pizza delivery - take 'em down one by one, Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut...on and on and on........:thumbup:

MM... rep sent for the laugh of the day!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Johnny you are too fckn funny man. Pretty soon everyones houses are going to look like shit, yards will be over run with weeds and nobody will be getting their mail/packages. Hell maybe you should hire a contractor to move your patio to the front of your house. Sounds like he would probably end up paying you for him to do it for you :D:D:D

BVal

It really didn't matter today, but I know every little roll, spitting pocket, and table speed (fast like a rocket) on this BB. Home court is the nuts. Johnnyt

POCKETWOLF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What, no girl scouts in the neighborhood? They have to be good for some cookies at least!:)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
What, no girl scouts in the neighborhood? They have to be good for some cookies at least!:)

I would never hustle a paper boy or Girl Scout...I have my limits and morals. But the Pizza guy sounds like fair game.

There is a cop living in back of me that keeps telling me how good he WAS, but I think I'll leave him alone. Johnnyt

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Idea.

I would never hustle a paper boy or Girl Scout...I have my limits and morals. But the Pizza guy sounds like fair game.

There is a cop living in back of me that keeps telling me how good he WAS, but I think I'll leave him alone. Johnnyt

You never need to attract unnecessary heat on yourself. :)

BVal

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

BVal

That's why I hardly ever did a job with anyone else. They start spending the money locally like drunk sailors, brag about how much we got, cave in under pressure. Johnnyt

chin0

"Chino Miss-A-Lot"
Silver Member
Cool story Johnny, thanks for that. Your stories are always entertaining and interesting. So did all of the winning payoff the table yet? :) Keep them coming, look forward to your next "big fish" :thumbup:

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member

:clapping::rotflmao1: you are having waaaaaay to much fun there by yourself - when are you going to have a party for your friends ???? :yeah::poke:

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member

BVal

Agreed - but - it is always good to have a gendarme for a buddy ;)

Makes me think of the commercial that a local bailbondsman runs "it's better to know me & not need me than to need me & not know me" ;)

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
However if one of the painters asks to stash his bucket under the table, and he looks a lot like pretty boy floyd, you should run.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Johnny, your loosin it man, you know you should have only beaten him 7-6 and had a couple lucky rolls in there. He won't be back! Ya gots your line to tight, ya gotta let out some line! :)

Last edited: