I reeled In Another One

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shuda, couda, wouda ..

Johnny, your loosin it man, you know you should have only beaten him 7-6 and had a couple lucky rolls in there. He won't be back! Ya gots your line to tight, ya gotta let out some line! :)

Heck, if he had that much action, shuda slow played him and took him for a full house painting in 2nd gear and then gone double or nothing with a spot when he was done with the job.:thumbup:

scruffy1

Silver Member
MAN!!! if you get your bathroom remodeled, you could probably go on a vacation with the cash!!!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Johnny, your loosin it man, you know you should have only beaten him 7-6 and had a couple lucky rolls in there. He won't be back! Ya gots your line to tight, ya gotta let out some line! :)

These guys weren't coming back ever to play. They just wanted what they thought was stealing and run with the cash. Well, maybe I could have strung the lawn guy along a little better...he's here once a week.:wink: Johnnyt

PS: I'm a little out of practice with the lemon gig too. It will probably all come back to me soon.

Last edited:

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
There were two house painters painting the house next door today. I saw that one was very interested in watching me play on the patio from his ladder. I figured I’d start missing a lot of shots and make believe I didn’t know he was watching. Hell, I figured it won’t cost me anything and it’s good lemon practice.

About a half-hour later he comes up to the fence and says, “You hit them pretty good, want to play a few games?”
I say, “I only play for cheap sets, like a $100 or two for a race to 7 nine-ball.”
“I’ll play you one set, race to seven for $200”, He said.

To make this short, he came over. I let him use my Dale Perry and my break cue. I won the set 7-2. Both games he won by making the 9 on the snap once and a dead one-foot combo on the 9 the other game. He had a killer break, but his game wasn’t too much.

Now let’s see. That’s the landscaper for $300, the mailman for $275, the Fedex guy for $220, and now the painter for $200 in less than 6-months, and I never had to leave home. I only wish My patio was on the street side. Then I could really get some traffic. I love when plans come together. Johnnyt

LOL, Johnny you are too kewl....congrats....and all from the comforts of home :D

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thinking about the garage . . .

just hit the door opener when I am ready for business!

Johnny is the man. He has got himself a fine little home business there for an old retiree. Wait till he nails a roofer, that should be a score!

Hu

All that practice is really paying off! Good for you! Maybe I'll have to think about putting my table in the front yard instead of in the basement!;)

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There were two house painters painting the house next door today. I saw that one was very interested in watching me play on the patio from his ladder. I figured I’d start missing a lot of shots and make believe I didn’t know he was watching. Hell, I figured it won’t cost me anything and it’s good lemon practice.

About a half-hour later he comes up to the fence and says, “You hit them pretty good, want to play a few games?”
I say, “I only play for cheap sets, like a $100 or two for a race to 7 nine-ball.”
“I’ll play you one set, race to seven for $200”, He said.

To make this short, he came over. I let him use my Dale Perry and my break cue. I won the set 7-2. Both games he won by making the 9 on the snap once and a dead one-foot combo on the 9 the other game. He had a killer break, but his game wasn’t too much.

Now let’s see. That’s the landscaper for $300, the mailman for $275, the Fedex guy for $220, and now the painter for $200 in less than 6-months, and I never had to leave home. I only wish My patio was on the street side. Then I could really get some traffic. I love when plans come together. Johnnyt

I'm glad I never walked into that pool;rm of yours -lol - btw - those guys ujust took down may even be on this forum!! never screw with the mailman or the fedex man -lol

Last edited:

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty cool Johnny. No need to go on the road just let the road come to you. Tomorrow I'm moving my pool table closer to my front door.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
So, was this painter fixing up the house of the guy that called you in for making too much noise with the pool table?

Does the painter charge by the hour, or by the job? So, how much do you think you cost your neighbor? :wink:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
So, was this painter fixing up the house of the guy that called you in for making too much noise with the pool table?

Does the painter charge by the hour, or by the job? So, how much do you think you cost your neighbor? :wink:

Yeah, he was painting that guys house. Said he's paint mine for $1200. He probably could do it for $1000, but tacked the $200 on from the lost set. Johnnyt

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Am I the only one here who thinks this is a totally BS story?

Might be.

Johnny tells some good stories and appears to be leading a pretty exciting life. I would assume he's crossed paths with others here that can vouch for his credibility that you have called into question.