Live Broadcast ~ One Pocket from Hard Times in Bellflower California (7/3 & 7/4)

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Well I am going to be broadcasting this from www.ontherailtv.com even if it is last minute. This event is $2000 added and limited to 64 players so get there! I worked my wife a bit and she and the family will go to the beach while I do this which is cool. Everyone knows I love pool and especially one pocket. It will be fun to showcase some of the California boys playing one pocket. I look forward to seeing some of you there and dont be shy, I could use some help in the booth. If anyone can list the confirmed players here that would be great. Stream starts at 12pm Pacific time. :smile:

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well I am going to be broadcasting this from www.ontherailtv.com even if it is last minute. I worked my wife a bit and she and the family will go to the beach while I do this which is cool. Everyone knows I love pool and especially one pocket. It will be fun to showcase some of the California boys playing one pocket. I look forward to seeing some of you there and dont be shy, I could use some help in the booth. If anyone can list the confirmed players here that would be great. :smile:

Well we should have some good matches for you. Some of our locals play a pretty sporty game - One Pocket Rich, Big Wayne, Tall Phil, some little guy named Parica, Morro, Ernesto etc. etc. I do know Sylver is in town with one other long tall Texan. Frost is a definite maybe. I don't think he even knows what he will be doing from one day to the next.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Well we should have some good matches for you. Some of our locals play a pretty sporty game - One Pocket Rich, Big Wayne, Tall Phil, some little guy named Parica, Morro, Ernesto etc. etc. I do know Sylver is in town with one other long tall Texan. Frost is a definite maybe. I don't think he even knows what he will be doing from one day to the next.

It looks like a great field with a good group of players, they are lucky I am streaming and not playing. :rolleyes:

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is very cool

Well I am going to be broadcasting this from www.ontherailtv.com even if it is last minute. This event is $2000 added and limited to 64 players so get there! I worked my wife a bit and she and the family will go to the beach while I do this which is cool. Everyone knows I love pool and especially one pocket. It will be fun to showcase some of the California boys playing one pocket. I look forward to seeing some of you there and dont be shy, I could use some help in the booth. If anyone can list the confirmed players here that would be great. Stream starts at 12pm Pacific time. :smile:

Lenny,

Thanks to you and your family for streaming this event.

Could you let us know your p/pal particulars in order to allow us to show a little support and grattitude for bringing us this holiday entertainment. If not a forum response-please PM me.

Thank you

3railkick

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

Lenny,

Thanks to you and your family for streaming this event.

Could you let us know your p/pal particulars in order to allow us to show a little support and grattitude for bringing us this holiday entertainment. If not a forum response-please PM me.

Thank you

3railkick

I will PM you and if you want to contribute to OTR and my efforts just PM me, thanks. :thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Morro Paez plays Sylver Ochoa and "Hawaiian" Jimmy plays Larry "Moto" Evans on the winner side. These are the final four undefeated players. Jimmy is a noted Los Angeles area One Pocket hustler. If you ever run into him Ghost you won't forget him. :wink: Moto is the King of the ghetto in LA. He does not hesitate to tangle with anyone!

On the losers side of the board, still eight players left. Among them are Parica, "One Pocket" Rich (LA's best, who also takes on all comers), Big Wayne (maybe second to Rich in LA), Little Al (still going strong at 70), Nick Spano (Schmitty's old road partner), Frank the Barber (he's frickin' amazing!), Jerry Matchin (over 60), and Joltin' Joe Gonzales. What's interesing is that so many old timers are still alive - Parica, Al, Frank and Jerry are all over 60. Morro is well into his 50's. Experience counts in One Pocket.

While watching yesterday I noticed once again why One Pocket is such a great and fascinating game. There are many more decisions and choices that can be made in a One Pocket game than any other pool game. By far! You can shoot any ball in any direction at any time. Or shoot none of them! What other game is like that?

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...What's interesing is that so many old timers are still alive...

You couldn't phrase this a little differently? ;) :) Thanks for the update on who's left. Is this the Larry Evans that lived in No CA for many years (maybe still does)? If so, go Larry!

Dave

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Finals coming up, 1 race to 4. Larry Evans v. Sylver Ochoa. It should be a good one since Larry beat Sylver for the hot seat match.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Oh yeah....

They are trying to keep the game moving, so they have been spotting the 4th ball that gets behind the headstring.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hats off the Lenny and his main man Spanky for doing such a great job of covering this event. Two good guys who went out of their way to let so many One Pocket fans see some great pool. THANKS!

Congrats to Sylver for snapping it off. It's not always easy to win when you're the favorite. And he had to beat some good players, like Moto and Morro, among others. Sylver and Moto looked a bit fatigued at the end. One Pocket will do that to you, especially after two long days of it. But the mark of a champion is being able to win ugly sometimes, when you don't have your best game.

FYI, Moto worked the night shift until 8 AM on Sunday, slept in his car for three hours and got up and went to the finals! He never gave up either, even when he was down 3-0. Good shooting Larry!

And finally, kudos to Eddie Arreguin, Hard Times owner. He saved an event that was ready to be canceled, on short notice, and made everyone feel welcome. Thanks Eddie!

Now as for me, I'm gonna get some much needed rest. It's not getting any easier for this old fart. :eek:

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks Jay

You ran a very nice tournament and thanks to Lenny for letting me have a little fun this weekend.