Ivory Substitute

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love this stuff . Inlays , Hoppy rings , joint collors , have not tried Ferrels yet , but I did a ink pen that was sold as soon as I finished it .

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love this stuff . Inlays , Hoppy rings , joint collors , have not tried Ferrels yet , but I did a ink pen that was sold as soon as I finished it .
]

Looking good...like everything else you do. Would you mind posting the link pen?
Thanks, Frank

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
On a recent trip to Nashville,I checked out the Woodcraft store and found a "faux ivory acrylic rod" that looks a LOT like this.

I plan on using it to make a ferrule and see how it works out. Tommy D.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The million dollar question is does it hit like ivory. I like ivory more for the hit than looks.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Jim, will this material endure being used as a Joint ? I have a beautiful szamboti tribute with a cracked ivory joint.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi.. ceebee here. Me & Guido would like to buy some of this stuff, but couldn't find the link to buy.

We're ready to buy....

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jim I am a novice with these kinda things so please don't take the wrong way I'm only asking , is this substitute the top whitesh part of the JP?. I ask because I can't recall any of my ivory having that much pronounced figuring. Am I looking at the wrong part?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Jim I am a novice with these kinda things so please don't take the wrong way I'm only asking , is this substitute the top whitesh part of the JP?. I ask because I can't recall any of my ivory having that much pronounced figuring. Am I looking at the wrong part?

I messaged the seller, I just bought some rod that wasn't figured enough
Maybe I could mix them together

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dealing with Perry

I send a PM , he answeres with in a day , I pm what I want , he sends me a invoice by paypal , I pay 6-8 days later I got my stuff , From China . I just received 7 rods in joint size . I am not thinking of selling my supply . Dealing with Perry works very good .

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I send a PM , he answeres with in a day , I pm what I want , he sends me a invoice by paypal , I pay 6-8 days later I got my stuff , From China . I just received 7 rods in joint size . I am not thinking of selling my supply . Dealing with Perry works very good .

I ordered 2-ferrule rods and a joint rod

2-each 15mm x 300mm / .590 x 12.0
1-each 25mm x 300mm / .980 x 12.0

Thanks for the tip Baxter

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member

Depending on where you are on the tusk, the ivory grain varies. Close to the nerve, the grain is very broad, resembling thick slabs, for lack of a better term. Then, the grain pattern becomes thin sections, or lines, resembling somewhat the sample in the picture. Going farther from the nerve, the grain pattern goes back to resembling thicker slabs, sometimes hard to see, especially in a small piece, such as a ferrule. If you've ever seen an ivory cue ball, you can see all the differences in the grain pattern.

Although a bit difficult to describe, hope this helps. The sample pics somewhat resemble the usual ivory grain pattern approximately 1 1/8 inch from the nerve of the tusk.

All the best,
WW