Im Back!!!!!

goingproin07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all! Its been a while now! So i got outta the marines, go seperated, had my cue stolen, had to quit playing pool for a while to work, and have been working every since...lol. Im just getting back to pool, and was wandering, if i start practicing now, do u think i should play @ the DCC in Jan? I mean, it would be a great experience since i didnt play last year, but i dont wanna make a fool of myself by being the worst player there....lol... I think a few solid months of practice again and ill be back on track. So i didnt reach my goal of going pro in 07, b/c i didnt get to play but like 3 times since the 06 dcc, but i will still get there. Well, hope everyone is good. And im looking forward to seeing Mr. Allen, williebetmore, Sarah rousey, shawn putman, and my "Dad" at the 07 derby. Hope u have all had a great year!

Justin Harris

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
goingproin07 said:
Hello all! Its been a while now! So i got outta the marines, go seperated, had my cue stolen, had to quit playing pool for a while to work, and have been working every since...lol. Im just getting back to pool, and was wandering, if i start practicing now, do u think i should play @ the DCC in Jan? I mean, it would be a great experience since i didnt play last year, but i dont wanna make a fool of myself by being the worst player there....lol... I think a few solid months of practice again and ill be back on track. So i didnt reach my goal of going pro in 07, b/c i didnt get to play but like 3 times since the 06 dcc, but i will still get there. Well, hope everyone is good. And im looking forward to seeing Mr. Allen, williebetmore, Sarah rousey, shawn putman, and my "Dad" at the 07 derby. Hope u have all had a great year!

Justin Harris
Good luck in life MARINE:)

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Justin,

Keep those dreams alive my friend! You CAN do just about anything in life that you want to if you truly aspire to do it and work very hard to achieve it.

I'm also throwing some good rep your way just for being a MARINE!!!!

Maniac

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
Maniac said:
Justin,

Keep those dreams alive my friend! You CAN do just about anything in life that you want to if you truly aspire to do it and work very hard to achieve it.

I'm also throwing some good rep your way just for being a MARINE!!!!

Maniac

Me too, threw you some rep points. Sucks someone stole your cue, hit the Wanted/For sale forum. I always see great deals from jazznpool.:D

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Justin,
Are you getting the room by the pool again this year at DCC?:)

Good luck to you. I guess I will probably run into you again there.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
goingproin07 said:

Justin Harris

I would at least go and play in the mini tournaments, they are plenty tough.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Ex Army here. I say if you have the time to play, then go for it.

I am in Iraq right now saving up for an extension on my home to get a pool table, and planning on saving two years worth of income. I'm going to try to practice 8 hours a day on average for a year and see where that puts me.

My fundamentals are pretty solid when I am playing, but I still need to get with a good player to iron out some kinks in my game. I am pretty sure there are some kinds of shots I hit "off-speed" and that holds my game back a bit.

Good luck with it!

Russ

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
I've played a few games against you. I think if you want to play in the DCC then you should do it. Just don't go postal when someone plays safe on you. :D :eek: :D

Just kiddin' man. Semper Fi.

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Semper Fi.
Don't worry about being the worst player there. I'm planning on showing up!
Hope to meet you there.

goingproin07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Hey thanks everyone for ur support. Its been a long year, and I have really missed my azb friends! Yes i will be getting a room at the derby, (dont wanna sleep in cabinets again) lol. Anyone wanting to split a room? Also, Id like to volunteer my room as the "go and crash for a few min" room for those not staying @ the hotel where the DCC is held. That way you can shower, use the head, take a nap or whatever without having to go all the way back to your hotel. Anyone who cant afford a room let me know, and ur more than welcome to my bed, ill bring a sleeping bag and take the floor. Its just my way of saying thanks and trying to return the favor for the AZ'ers who took care of me last year when i didnt have any money. Thanks everyone, look forward to meeting all you new guys soon!

Justin Harris

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
goingproin07 said:
Im just getting back to pool, and was wandering, if i start practicing now, do u think i should play @ the DCC in Jan?
Well Justin, if you're ever going to be "Going Pro in '07," .... it's going to be '07. You need to play.

Fred