Strong Arm John Action Challenge for The Entire Nation!!

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since alot of action is being stirred up on this forum I have been asked to post an action challenge from Big John aka Strong Arm John. Although this is a not a pool challenge it does involve gambling high! Here it is.......

Big John would like to invite any person in the country to shoot college 3 pointers with a 54 year old man who has never played anything but high school basketball. You can bet anywhere from 5 to 20 thousand and possibly (probably) more. This challenge is open to any living human in the country. Serious inquiries can call Big John at (317) 281-2750.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
1on1pooltournys said:
Since alot of action is being stirred up on this forum I have been asked to post an action challenge from Big John aka Strong Arm John. Although this is a not a pool challenge it does involve gambling high! Here it is.......

Big John would like to invite any person in the country to shoot college 3 pointers with a 54 year old man who has never played anything but high school basketball. You can bet anywhere from 5 to 20 thousand and possibly (probably) more. This challenge is open to any living human in the country. Serious inquiries can call Big John at (317) 281-2750.

This will without a doubt get a challenger. I know because I played college b-ball and hit 67 out of 100 against a guy in Atlanta and got throttled for $3500. I will call Josh Arieh and stir this up.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
1on1pooltournys said:

Contact Josh Arieh the poker player.....Lives in Atlanta.

Southpaw

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
$$

So Is The Game Whoever Makes The Most In A Row Or The Best Out Of 100. I Just Heard Of A Guy In Chicago 23 Years Old I Think Made 76free Throws In A Row, I Dont Know How High He Bets Or If He Does 3 Pointers But I Will See If I Can Get His Number Or I Will Give John A Call.

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$TAKE HOR$E said:
So Is The Game Whoever Makes The Most In A Row Or The Best Out Of 100. I Just Heard Of A Guy In Chicago 23 Years Old I Think Made 76free Throws In A Row, I Dont Know How High He Bets Or If He Does 3 Pointers But I Will See If I Can Get His Number Or I Will Give John A Call.

Probably along the lines of "best of" something. Let him know...anybody can get played!!!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
1on1pooltournys said:

Just to let everyone know, this "Action Challenege", HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTION REPORT. We have absolutely no involvement with this and I would appreciate it if the original poster would consider using a little different terminoligy in the future.

I don't mean to sound pissy its just easy for things to get mixed up.

I happen to consider John a friend and I can say one thing for sure: The guy is good action. I don't know about his free throw skills, but I do know that if he likes something he will send it in. I wish him good luck in his search for an opponent.

MastersMaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't it be cool to see Larry Bird break out the Chuck Taylor's and shoot against Strong Arm John's guy.

MastersMaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bird is by far a better pure shooter than Jordan. Jordan had an excellent all-round game, but from the perimeter, Bird sizzled the nets.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
$TAKE HOR$E said:

76 free throws in a row? He's got a ways to go to get the record:

"After high school Ted moved to Riverdale, California and played for a city league basketball team where Ted started to specialize in free throw shooting and began to break records for consecutive free throws. In 1972, Ted started touring the country doing free throwing exhibitions. This culminated in a record 1,704 free throws in a row during a Phoenix Suns halftime show."

http://www.sharpshooterfreethrows.com/ted.htm

(I've hit more than 76 free throws in a row)

Last edited:

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1,703 free throws

PoolBum said:
76 free throws in a row? He's got a ways to go to get the record:

"After high school Ted moved to Riverdale, California and played for a city league basketball team where Ted started to specialize in free throw shooting and began to break records for consecutive free throws. In 1972, Ted started touring the country doing free throwing exhibitions. This culminated in a record 1,704 free throws in a row during a Phoenix Suns halftime show."

http://www.sharpshooterfreethrows.com/ted.htm

(I've hit more than 76 free thorws in a row)
I don't think there is enough time during half time to shoot 1,703 shots, let alone make that many.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
DRW said:
I don't think there is enough time during half time to shoot 1,703 shots, let alone make that many.

His record is actually 5,221:

"St. Martin doesn't include much detail about the most interesting world record he holds - most consecutive free throws (5,221), but does explain his physical regimen (a constant schedule of push-ups) and various other records (most free throws within a consecutive 24-hour time period, 84 consecutive three-pointers in eight minutes) that give readers a general idea of how the records are broken."

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/09/02/183629.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_St._Martin

None of the NBA guys could touch this guy for just pure shooting ability.

Last edited:

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
derekdisco said:

Yes, the amazing Woo hit 78 out of 100 against me while at least 20 people including John Hager and Chris Bartrum travelled down I-85 to the Run and Shoot at 2 in the morning to sweat it. I offered to play him one on one for $20,000 but he declined. The kid can shoot though, and play poker. He has made a couple of final tables at the WSOP. After our match was over, I rode back to Mr. Cues with Josh and Woo, lol.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
PoolBum said:
His record is actually 5,221:

"St. Martin doesn't include much detail about the most interesting world record he holds - most consecutive free throws (5,221), but does explain his physical regimen (a constant schedule of push-ups) and various other records (most free throws within a consecutive 24-hour time period, 84 consecutive three-pointers in eight minutes) that give readers a general idea of how the records are broken."

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/09/02/183629.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_St._Martin

None of the NBA guys could touch this guy for just pure shooting ability.

We are talking about 3 pointers not free throws. I shot 91% from the free throw line in college, but only 46% from the 3 point line and led the conference in both.