Shane and Yang Need to Play

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this would be huge. Have them play in a neutral location, like Europe. They should play a similar format like Yang vs Orcullo, but 10ball instead of 9ball, and for $50,000 or more, instead of 10. I'm sure this would be huge in Taiwan, them thinking the USA is off the pool map, then out of nowhere their own superstar gets challenged by an American kid from South Dakota. In their minds they would probably be drooling at the chance to show their superiority to the USA. I personally think they would be in for quite a shock.

Another thing to think about is that Shane has pretty much revived the hope in American pool for many people over here. I'm sure after the DCC, people all over the USA would climbing over one another to watch this match. I'm sure that an event like this would probably create a ton of exposure internationally. What do you all think? Would this ever happen?

BPG24

Banned
Shane vs

Busta
Orcullo
Yang
Alcano

All would be great matchup's IMO

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bustamante is one player Shane has conspicuously avoided. Francisco is and has been one of the most feared money players for years. I'd like to see that match. And Johnny has challenged Shane to a big money match in his poolroom. He was the number one player in the USA for a long, long time. And you still must take his crown on the table, not in the forums.

Alex is also a great match for Shane, but the three wins at DCC have diminished the luster for this one. Shane is leading 71-64 right now and by 15K!

After Shane finishes with the top filipinos, then he can challenge the top Taiwanese, like Yang. Remember Shane got a loss pinned on him by Kiamco in Manila. No one can take on one top player after another and not get beaten occasionally.

One more player right here in the U.S that may be more than a handful for Shane is Rodney. He has a high gear that I have only seen in a few players like Earl, Mark Tadd and Johnny.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane was set to play Bustamante at DCC, and IIRC, Bustamante pulled out and was replaced by Alex. So I wouldn't say SVB was avoiding Bustamante.

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
punter said:
Shane was set to play Bustamante at DCC, and IIRC, Bustamante pulled out and was replaced by Alex. So I wouldn't say SVB was avoiding Bustamante.

the reason Busta pulled out because he has an early match the next day...look what he end up """"winning the master of the table" for $20,000 + 8K for finishing 2nd on 9 ball game ....if he plays w/ SVB that night for just 5K he could have won it for just 5K or LOST it....i think busta is smart..he knows that there's more time to play w/ SVB ..i think busta was smart enough to made his decision to pulled out that night....

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Beginner said:
the reason Busta pulled out because he has an early match the next day...look what he end up """"winning the master of the table" for $20,000 + 8K for finishing 2nd on 9 ball game ....if he plays w/ SVB that night for just 5K he could have won it for just 5K or LOST it....i think busta is smart..he knows that there's more time to play w/ SVB ..i think busta was smart enough to made his decision to pulled out that night....

Yes, all of that is true, but Shane didn't avoid him. Not this year anyway.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Beginner said:

I agree with you. I did not mean to imply Bustamante was avoiding SVB, just that they had been scheduled to play so SVB was not avoiding Busty.

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Beginner said:
Did i say Shane avoided busta?

Did I say you said Shane avoided busta?

Read back, you responded to punter who (I think) was responding to Jay, who in fact did say Shane had avoided Bustamonte in (at least in the past).

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex Kanapilly said:
Did I say you said Shane avoided busta?

Read back, you responded to punter who (I think) was responding to Jay, who in fact did say Shane had avoided Bustamonte in (at least in the past).

Thank you for clearing that up !!;)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
My mistake here. It is correct that Shane and Busti were going to play, until the tournament got in the way. Alex was the replacement, and Shane bombed him for 15 dimes. I just think Busti would be a slightly stronger opponent right now for a variety of reasons I won't go into.

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
cuetechasaurus said:
I think this would be huge. Have them play in a neutral location, like Europe. They should play a similar format like Yang vs Orcullo, but 10ball instead of 9ball, and for $50,000 or more, instead of 10. I'm sure this would be huge in Taiwan, them thinking the USA is off the pool map, then out of nowhere their own superstar gets challenged by an American kid from South Dakota. In their minds they would probably be drooling at the chance to show their superiority to the USA. I personally think they would be in for quite a shock.

Another thing to think about is that Shane has pretty much revived the hope in American pool for many people over here. I'm sure after the DCC, people all over the USA would climbing over one another to watch this match. I'm sure that an event like this would probably create a ton of exposure internationally. What do you all think? Would this ever happen?

Can't do it. It's against the rules. Rule one and I quote, "Must be held at a site that Scott can watch the match on TAR." End quote

Carry on... :D

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
renard said:
Can't do it. It's against the rules. Rule one and I quote, "Must be held at a site that Scott can watch the match on TAR." End quote

Carry on... :D

Screw that. :D ... I got a room over here that would be perfect for it to go off in....

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Remember Shane got a loss pinned on him by Kiamco in Manila. No one can take on one top player after another and not get beaten occasionally.

One more player right here in the U.S that may be more than a handful for Shane is Rodney. He has a high gear that I have only seen in a few players like Earl, Mark Tadd and Johnny.

Words of wisdom people. Shane is going to have his losses, however, he DOES seem to find his high gear in these matches when he needs it. When he hit his highest gear that I saw, he put a 6 or 7 Pack on Corey in 10 Ball :eek: . He got to 90 in that race to 100 and just went directly into the zone ! Now that's high gear...Tom

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
smokeandapancak said:
Screw that. :D ... I got a room over here that would be perfect for it to go off in....

Well, I'll leak to the German press that Shane is a devout and practicing Scientologist. Also I'll add he's using pool as his pulpit and the stakes go toward a huge 150,000 square foot place of worship. :D

Oh yeah, then it will stay in the continental U.S.! :p

All lies but hey a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do for his TAR fix.

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see WU vs SVB 10 ball race 50 for $20K ..they have almost the same break. will see who's the better champion :)

abbassi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some players would have a better chance against Shane if they played say back-pocket 10 ball. His one pocket game is not great yet, and someone with a good one pocket game might have a chance.

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Shane did say earlier in the day before the match with Busta was setup that he didn't think he was ready for Busta and he mentioned Franciscos break being the biggest factor in why. I didn't think he was going try matching up with him yet. But he decided later that he would play him. Shane considers Bustamante to be his biggest challenge.

Another interesting tidbit of info is that Shane had said he wanted to play Efren and the only game that Efren would play him was 9-7 1 hole and they said Shane could bet what he wanted... That's like having a thief say he was going to rob you at this date & time and that you can carry on you as much as you could carry. That was a bad game. Efren hasn't been playing his best and I was not surprised that he didn't want to play Shane.