★ Aiming Systems ★ Techniques ★ Etc.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt,
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we live in a capitalist society and open sharing on the forum of how and why things work would dilute ones ability to earn because all of the information would be free.

In some design information is kept to a minimum to create the need for instruction and sales. Such as when a computer programmer has a source code. I get asked for samples of system from time to time and Instead of give out part of it I just pass on the opportunity. This way when someone looks at my material they get all of what I have at the time. Its not a lot of money but were I paying a lot of money I would certainly expect comprehension. If that weren't delivered I would likely decline to go further with the project because I would know the source code was hidden. I recently had some work done around my house and I was expecting the job I paid for to be the cure to my problem but it was not and it cost me a great deal of money. Then I had to have more work done to finish the job but when I did that it was but there are at least one other thing that could be done but its optional. The first work was necessary but was not the cure all.

My point is pool does not have to be so complicated and a platform for further instruction does not need to be created and others know this and its no accident in a capitalist society.

The efficacy of the system is the supposed selling point. When you get there you are supposed to be a completely secure all knowing shot maker. So how long does it take to achieve that? From what I have read recently that is hundreds of hours and many have to go get personal instruction.....so

What was gained that cant be gained by revealing the source code?

When a player must deliver the ball that is half of the source code itself and subject to many things to do with the player. The other half of the source code is the information that should have given out completely. It does not appear to me as an accident but it also appears to be a great product in which hundreds of hours are required for mastery and possibly some intense study and lessons. What isn't to love?

When I improve my product and I include the keys to using Spin with it. I will be revealing the entire source code and all that will remain is for the player to practice.

I will absolutely make myself available to the people who buy it so I can support them along the way because that is all they need. They will need to verify that where they are and what they are doing is right and that's really all they need. I do everything in my power to enable the player to improve and to find the answers he seeks in order to learn the game and have an ability to spin the ball and feel the game.

I believe that is where those hours of practice should be spent and not on a center ball system

Just for the record....a proficiency with CTE as a CCB system makes the application of any spin much much much easier. To think that CTE limits one to CCB is plain old wrong.
CTE opens up a brand new world for
for applying spin.

There are lots of backhand slaps at my work in this post.......and one after another they are wrong wrong and wrong.

Stan Shuffett

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Personally, I like all of your posts that I have ever read, whether I agree with your points or not.

JoeyA

I both agree with the idea of help subpages where friendly posts only go, and I further appreciate the opportunity to "argue to our heart's content" about aim. But I cannot abide the disgusting and distasteful way in which some people are viciously arguing. And, to be honest, I'm not thinking of English but some pool teachers here--I'd love to help them improve their systems by frank discussion but they tend to bite all hands, whether they feed them or not.

I have a few things I'd say to improve some current aim systems taught here--all of them constructive criticism not meant to hurt anyone's feelings, but I'm afraid to do so. And I'm capable of being a fairly bold person and am a pool teacher as well. I don't know if it's fear of loss of teaching income or jealousy or what--but please behave maturely like adults. You know who you are.

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest. I've fantasized about an in-person aim conference, where a variety of teachers come to some tables together to discuss aim and make everyone's systems ultra-enhanced, but right now... sigh. I don't suppose I'll make more friends here with this post--but I don't feel I have any friends here because I bother to discuss aim on this forum!

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
None intended

Just for the record....a proficiency with CTE as a CCB system makes the application of any spin much much much easier. To think that CTE limits one to CCB is plain old wrong.
for applying spin.

There are lots of backhand slaps at my work in this post.......and one after another they are wrong wrong and wrong.

Stan Shuffett

None intended. I am trying to stay as objective as possible and never said that using your system would limit the user to Center Ball only.

The knowing of where to deliver the Center Ball shot is the basis for learning to play with Spin from there you have to be able make educated decisions concerning allowances based on squerve and distance. There are multiple ways to apply spin itself. I just believe that is an area where most of the argument about aiming should reside because that is the feel end of the game. I feel that end of the game is more important because of the ability to spin the ball and avoid collisions is fairly important.

Its evident by your following that you have a great center ball system and you are to be commended for your work.

Last edited:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt,
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we live in a capitalist society and open sharing on the forum of how and why things work would dilute ones ability to earn because all of the information would be free.

In some design information is kept to a minimum to create the need for instruction and sales. Such as when a computer programmer has a source code. I get asked for samples of system from time to time and Instead of give out part of it I just pass on the opportunity. This way when someone looks at my material they get all of what I have at the time. Its not a lot of money but were I paying a lot of money I would certainly expect comprehension. If that weren't delivered I would likely decline to go further with the project because I would know the source code was hidden. I recently had some work done around my house and I was expecting the job I paid for to be the cure to my problem but it was not and it cost me a great deal of money. Then I had to have more work done to finish the job but when I did that it was but there are at least one other thing that could be done but its optional. The first work was necessary but was not the cure all.

My point is pool does not have to be so complicated and a platform for further instruction does not need to be created and others know this and its no accident in a capitalist society.

The efficacy of the system is the supposed selling point. When you get there you are supposed to be a completely secure all knowing shot maker. So how long does it take to achieve that? From what I have read recently that is hundreds of hours and many have to go get personal instruction.....so

What was gained that cant be gained by revealing the source code?

When a player must deliver the ball that is half of the source code itself and subject to many things to do with the player. The other half of the source code is the information that should have given out completely. It does not appear to me as an accident but it also appears to be a great product in which hundreds of hours are required for mastery and possibly some intense study and lessons. What isn't to love?

When I improve my product and I include the keys to using Spin with it. I will be revealing the entire source code and all that will remain is for the player to practice.

I will absolutely make myself available to the people who buy it so I can support them along the way because that is all they need. They will need to verify that where they are and what they are doing is right and that's really all they need. I do everything in my power to enable the player to improve and to find the answers he seeks in order to learn the game and have an ability to spin the ball and feel the game.

I believe that is where those hours of practice should be spent and not on a center ball system

I have played around and posted about tip offsets, then pivot to center CB as a start of the aiming process. I found that different tip offsets pre-pivot was useful since I didn't want to have to learn where to place my bridge hand behind the CB with just a 1/2 tip offset.

Good aiming is a start and getting shape on the next OB is as important if you like to run out.

Be well

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
for applying spin.

Stan Shuffett

I think people can't even understand that they are knocking anymore Stan. CTE is the REAL DEAL and anyone who thinks they know how to play but who IS NOT a top player should listen and learn before knocking.

Watching the US Open I see a lot of top players that could benefit from using an aiming system and top players who look like they do based on the types of shots that they make frequently.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
my suggestion is to create within this section of the forum
help threads
for example
cte help thread
ghost ball help thread
etc
in these threads there is no discussion allowed about the merits of the system
its only for like minded people to ask questions and receive help from like minded posters /discuss experiences etc but again only from like minded posters
sort of like no non catholics in the catholic bible discussion thread
or no non jews in the jewish religion thread or no non muslims in the muslim koran discussion group
i mean no offence to anyone or any religion or religious person

these threads would be sanctuaries for the methods described in the title of the thread and no flaming or criticism would be allowed

there still could be general threads where all the
doubting thomases/critics/naysayers/inquiring minds can have their fun.....:d
just a suggestion
your thoughts??
Constructive comments primarily appreciated
its too bad that i expect alot of flaming to some how creep in........:angry:

exactly!!!!!!!!!!

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Im not sure how that can happen actually

Ghost ball contact patch opens up a whole new worldly of applying spin because it has a means for determining adjustments for spin.

See that's a complete statement because at least there is a follow up as to why.

Besides it true......

So, how does CTE open up a whole new world of applying spin? At least I provided one reason why ghost ball contact patch does.

Are people just supposed to blindly accept statements without a reason to support that statement?

Duck we all know you are contact patch guy but Im not sure how that can happen if you are a CTE guy because from what I know of it you do that last half tip pivot and then aren't you supposed to just shoot with no regard to the object ball? That's how I think I remember hearing conversation about that system. I could be wrong correct me if I am.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think people can't even understand that they are knocking anymore Stan. CTE is the REAL DEAL and anyone who thinks they know how to play but who IS NOT a top player should listen and learn before knocking.

Watching the US Open I see a lot of top players that could benefit from using an aiming system and top players who look like they do based on the types of shots that they make frequently.

Thanks, John! Very good post.

Stan Shuffett

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know how you define "top player", but I have never seen what I categorize as a "top player" who DIDN'T have some sort of aiming system. Even if they created their own from HAMB. IMHO, nobody is a "top player" if they can't aim already.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Duck we all know you are contact patch guy but Im not sure how that can happen if you are a CTE guy because from what I know of it you do that last half tip pivot and then aren't you supposed to just shoot with no regard to the object ball? That's how I think I remember hearing conversation about that system. I could be wrong correct me if I am.

BHE for one works very well with CTE.
Robin you keep dropping little hints that you can't use english with CTE but that's just wrong. You can play a very natural all around game with CTE.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Spin with CTE

BHE for one works very well with CTE.
Robin you keep dropping little hints that you can't use english with CTE but that's just wrong. You can play a very natural all around game with CTE.

Im glad you can actually. Ive just not heard a lot about it.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im glad you can actually. Ive just not heard a lot about it.

After many years, I am reading about using english in conjunction with CTE. Is it clear that it is used to fill in the angles between the ubiquitous five or just to get shape or both?

That would be a powerful tool.

Be well

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After many years, I am reading about using english in conjunction with CTE. Is it clear that it is used to fill in the angles between the ubiquitous five or just to get shape or both?

That would be a powerful tool.

Be well

There is no need to fill in any angles. Pro-One takes care of that.
We use english for the same reason anyone else does.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Ill pass on the insult

Are you trying to play stupid or are u putting down other people's things in advance of your new book.

I just got on here to shoot you a friendly jab until you called me stupid.

Just for that I would guess that telling you that once you leave the comfort of your objective visual you are going to be in a very subjective area called feel unless of course you have a better idea on how to calculate allowances based on distance, tips of English and stroke, then incorporate that into another type of pivot based on all of the previous listed. I would dare say the sweeps and pivots to come would have someone falling down and having difficulty getting up.

Aka....Help me Ive fallen and I cant get up.

The truth is that pool players are generally so thankful for new information that Ive considered not releasing it at all and just teaching it to those who want to learn something. At a point you don't need the aggravation. Im not a fan of CTE but I recognize the complexity and unique discovery that took place when it was passed from Hal to Stan. Stan seized an opportunity and you cant blame him for that. However some of the claims and the outright arrogance declaring CTE will take over the world are kind of childish and silly. I could go on here but I wont. I really believe in my material too but I'm not about go claiming all that, however if I decided to release my stuff out for free then no one would need to buy anything now would they?

I could do that you know. Then I could sell the material I have on spin.

I think CTE is an awesome discovery that had not yet been simplified.

Since you are so easy to get along with I have discovered a totally new way of looking at visuals and there is likely a cross over between my new way and CTE that makes things exponentially easier and all of that stuff you guys do like sweeps and pivots which are subjective things you have to get a feel for by the way could have been eliminated with much less instructions.

Since people on here are so agreeable I may very well keep it to myself and teach those that are seeking the information by appt. In that way maybe CTE can take over the world. Im sure it change the course of history and your grandchildren will read about it in the first grade as The Great Aiming War!.....lol

We are just a bunch of pool players Cookie don't have a cow man! If people view CTE as too complicated to fiddle with for them then that is their business and not your problem however I do have an alternative that is pretty easy.