$1000 max, what's your playing cue?

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I'd be looking for a Dayton on the second hand market. Paul's main thing was the playability. I'd put my Dayton up against any cue ever made by anyone. Matt D.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be looking for a Dayton on the second hand market. Paul's main thing was the playability. I'd put my Dayton up against any cue ever made by anyone. Matt D.

The work that Paul did in his earlier career is truly spectacular, working with an X-acto knife & dremel. I didn't know Paul that well but had the pleasure of talking with him a few times and really enjoyed the interactions. Hope the great poolroom in the sky is treating him well. :(

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Predator Roadline with a REVO 12.9MM shaft. Perfect. Super smooth and it'll always be that way. No dings to take to the cue maker to fix. No bent shafts. Let's get on with pool.

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
I'd head to Schmelke for a plain jane under $200 and do other things with the rest of the money. But if I had to spend most of the $1,000 on a cue, it would probably be a Dayton.

My cue is a sub-$200 Schmelke, and my wife is the only person who knows what I paid for it. Not that it's a big secret, but I'd rather not get into it with any non-pool people if they don't ask.

MartyG00

Registered
I was fortunate to acquire a pre owned 60 inch Josh Treadway cue a few years ago at what I would consider a super price, (under $1000.00). Josh is a friend of mine and since I know what it would take to replace the cue, and his current backlog, I feel lucky to have it. It will never be for sale. It resides 15 minutes from where it was made.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
With the 1200 stimulus, which will paying rent.

What would you buy for a cue. Max $1200. I still say Runde.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
There are so many good playing cues in the sub-1k arena. Joey & Barnhart come to mind immediately. Used market is an even bigger spread with Scruggs sneakys. It just all depends on how much of that 1k you wanna dump.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
My $150 custom shaft (made 20+ years ago) on my junk Joss butt. The butt could be anything for all I care, so long as it's the right weight/length and I can get my grip hand around it.

pj
chgo

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about just getting the very best condition SP cue made by Tim Scruggs that you can locate?
I’ve been looking for awhile and as soon as one gets listed, the fancier versions, the cue sells fast.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Still carrying around the Joey and Bluegrass I mentioned in 2016 when this thread started.