100k One Pocket Matchup. Official thread who do you like - Frost V Compton.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
shouldn’t Scott be an overwhelming favorite? Wish I could have placed a few dollars on him.

Definitely not an overwhelming favorite. I think Molina Mike mentioned Scott as a 6-5 favorite.

Cue it Up had a great discussion about this match on yesterday’s podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
There is no ball count on screen. You have to count the balls the players have placed in the ball drop section of the table, which is shown on screen.
Can you see the coin when they owe a ball? I didn't purchase the stream because I don't have the time to watch it this week. Thanks for the quick answers benny (y)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard they stopped at 19-16 Scott leading.

Chip showing some heart and hanging in there.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Reporting on this match is horrible. As someone who purchased the stream it's crazy I have no way to figure out what the actual score is.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did read comments, but they are not straight forward. So the question is where is the 100k from?

Is it split 70/30? Or 100% to winner.
Very low likelihood folks here really know and those who do aren't going to say.

I would not be surprised at 50:50 split or 100:0...or anything in between.

I know someone who won a big event and almost half of his winnings paid savers to other players he beat along the way. The record-and his taxes- do not reflect that.

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
Reporting on this match is horrible. As someone who purchased the stream it's crazy I have no way to figure out what the actual score is.
I don't even understand what you mean. This seems like it would be arguing like with my girlfriend about cleaning the kitchen and her throwing a fit when there's one dirty dish.

Can you please clarify really I'm intrigued.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I don't even understand what you mean. This seems like it would be arguing like with my girlfriend about cleaning the kitchen and her throwing a fit when there's one dirty dish.

Can you please clarify really I'm intrigued.

On any other stream that goes on for big matches they always have someone hitting the live stream or main forum and putting out score updates, trailers, and match teasers. You never have to wonder how an entire day of play finished. You always get a little clip of highlights, helps for us working guys who buy these matches and have children so can't stay up until 3AM watching every ball. If there's a little spicyness going on, they'll post a screenshot and a little blurb about it.

This doesn't just apply to AZ forum either...its one onepocket.org, it's on Facebook, its just easily found info. Never have I seen this many people guessing scores and ball counts. The ass cam is not effective, the score board though requires attentive streamers, so butt cam and penny watching is probably most suitable for you.

I'm not hyper critical of commentary, camera angle, and color saturation but recognize we're watching this on good equipment nowadays. If your broadcast can't hack at least full HD its behind the competition.

You do understand you're just choosing to not take the feedback and work harder. It shows.

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
On any other stream that goes on for big matches they always have someone hitting the live stream or main forum and putting out score updates, trailers, and match teasers. You never have to wonder how an entire day of play finished. You always get a little clip of highlights, helps for us working guys who buy these matches and have children so can't stay up until 3AM watching every ball. If there's a little spicyness going on, they'll post a screenshot and a little blurb about it.

This doesn't just apply to AZ forum either...its one onepocket.org, it's on Facebook, its just easily found info. Never have I seen this many people guessing scores and ball counts. The ass cam is not effective, the score board though requires attentive streamers, so butt cam and penny watching is probably most suitable for you.

I'm not hyper critical of commentary, camera angle, and color saturation but recognize we're watching this on good equipment nowadays. If your broadcast can't hack at least full HD its behind the competition.

You do understand you're just choosing to not take the feedback and work harder. It shows.
No actually don't know what you mean still so thats fine you are entitled to your opinion and even be factually incorrect.

• Haha
Reactions: MJB

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
Going into Day 3 the tale of the tape has tightened up a little bit. We were forced to call it night at midnight which has created some drama that seems to be neccessary to at least address from my perspective.

I have been here the entire time and the time for closing during the week is midnight. Outside of special considerations given which obviously were not given that is the time they close. I don't make the rules I am just reporting on them and at least I am going to do it fairly. The time to close during the week tues weds is 12 thurs and friday it's 2:00. The time to close is seperate from whatever score is going on or the players state of being at the time.

The room has been kind enough to host the match, let us move some things around and create a special enviroment to watch this high stakes and historical game and from the perspective of a One Pocket fan.

We resume at the same time everyday and will start out at 19 to 16 and will play until someone gets to 30 or 2:00 at night.

Come join us for what is shaping up to be a hell of a final two days. On behalf of the players, omegabilliards and of course myself TvMike who was brought on board at the very last minute to produce thank you for the support.

Come on over
www.omegabilliards.com to watch the event!

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 69

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last update I find was 25-19 Scott around midnight. There is no official channel to follow for a recap or even score update when I wake up. The original flyer was a 4 day race to 40. The venue shut down early one day and they played soooo damn slow the next, there is no way they finish tonight.

I have no idea whether they will keep playing until they finish or what. I cannot imagine Chip is ok with finishing before 40. At this rate, Scott could slow play him into losing the "final" day if it is over as originally scheduled.

These guys are betting the money, but this is tough for the audience and bettors.

Edit: Somehow they played 20 games last night despite an extremely slow start. Finishing appears to no longer be a concern.

Last edited:

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Last update I find was 25-19 Scott around midnight. There is no official channel to follow for a recap or even score update when I wake up. The original flyer was a 4 day race to 40. The venue shut down early one day and they played soooo damn slow the next, there is no way they finish tonight.

I have no idea whether they will keep playing until they finish or what. I cannot imagine Chip is ok with finishing before 40. At this rate, Scott could slow play him into losing the "final" day if it is over as originally scheduled.

These guys are betting the money, but this is tough for the audience and bettors.

30-25 Scott...I watched a little before I headed out for work