1991 Buddy Hall vs Mike Lebron & Hall misses the 9 to lose Challenge of Champions?

Ricky F

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1991 Buddy Hall vs Mike Lebron & Hall misses the 9 to lose Challenge of Champions?

I heard something about the great Buddy Hall miss what seems to be a routine shot on the 9 to win the Challenge of Champions back in Vegas in 91?

What were they playing for?

Is that really true? He's such an amazing player that I have a hard time believing that he/could would miss a game winning shot like that?

Just wondering what actually happened?

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard something about the great Buddy Hall miss what seems to be a routine shot on the 9 to win the Challenge of Champions back in Vegas in 91?

Was were they playing for?

Is that really true? He's such an amazing player that I have a hard time believing that he/could would miss a game winning shot like that?

Just wondering what actually happened?

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

Great topic!!! Never been discussed before!

#Cruncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just do a search on buddy lebron challenge and you can read a number of threads on this beaten to death subject. Enjoy!

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you heard is simply not true.
I know because CJ Wiley says so.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Who is Buddy Hall?
I am deeply familiar with Mike Lebron... I mean,who isn't? The man is a legend.... A world killer that has proven himself over and over. Sounds like someone is still sore about losing a longshot bet on some unknown.

Lesh

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing that got me wondering was why he never seemed to upset by missing and losing? I understand anyone can miss, but wouldn't he be a little upset?

Just a little?

You "heard' (post one) something about Buddy missing....etc but now you are quite familiar with all his misses and reactions? That's what got you wondering now?

Get your phony ass out of here.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you heard is simply not true.
I know because CJ Wiley says so.
INtodys world anyone can make a shot and win, but if they miss one and lose or look to be dfumping, now that is nes in America and worthy of much speculation by todeys experts. JUst n aof many resons why the game is in such a great state.

Ricky F

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You "heard' (post one) something about Buddy missing....etc but now you are quite familiar with all his misses and reactions? That's what got you wondering now?

Get your phony ass out of here.

Easy now, I had to go google it and that's what I saw is all, no reason to get your panties in a wad.

I wasn't aware this is a one sided posting site that had to go one way?

Ricky F

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
INtodys world anyone can make a shot and win, but if they miss one and lose or look to be dfumping, now that is nes in America and worthy of much speculation by todeys experts. JUst n aof many resons why the game is in such a great state.

I never said he dumped, was just wondering what happened is all guys and thanks for your input!

Anyway have a good one!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Easy now, I had to go google it and that's what I saw is all, no reason to get your panties in a wad.

We just spent over a week flogging that deceased equine on the first page here, only the most recent of many threads on the subject.

Your timing at asking it again is what is prompting the reaction you are getting.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To original poster:

I couldn't quite put my finger on it at first, but what I think
I love about you is your keen sense of, imagination. :)
That's it, yea, that's it !

Last edited:

Ricky F

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We just spent over a week flogging that deceased equine on the first page here, only the most recent of many threads on the subject.

Your timing at asking it again is what is prompting the reaction you are getting.

I didn't know you guys just spent a week on this and I haven't been searching all over this site, because I never realized something that happened over 20 years ago was being recently discussed here, but now I know.

Does that mean there's also an ongoing discussion right now about some of UJ Puckett's pool hall hustles that happened decades ago as well? That's another name I haven't been searching for on here, so maybe I'm missing out there too?!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

BALONEY!! or perhaps English is not your native tongue.

"Panties in a wad" So clever and unique!!

Last edited:

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't know you guys just spent a week on this and I haven't been searching all over this site, because I never realized something that happened over 20 years ago was being recently discussed here, but now I know.

Does that mean there's also an ongoing discussion right now about some of UJ Puckett's pool hall hustles that happened decades ago as well? That's another name I haven't been searching for on here, so maybe I'm missing out there too?!

People just need to just accept the fact that it happened and move on with their lives,....If a horse is dead .......and you keep kickin it for 20 years.............Im sure its still dead.......

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The reason that it was brought up was because someone at a pool hall used Buddy Hall missing a shot against LeBron as an example of even the best missing. In this case, the best was doing exactly what he was trying to do. I was laughing on the inside about it.

It's like using Jimmy Hoffa as an example that anyone can get lost on the way to the store so it's OK if you missed your exit while driving home.