2 things that bug me in posts

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Im dyslexic....

thank you for your opinion on what you think of me because of my writing skills.
MMike

I have a friend, her daughter has struggled with dyslexia for 23 years.
She is a published poet and a talented artist...and beautiful besides.

I enjoy your posts...now what was the problem?

regards
pt

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
9 ball

hi Maniac
Never thought of it but i have lost a match because i shot out of rotation.
Numbers are tough and i can write a sentence backwards all day long.
i dont mind the remarks im a big boy.
just dont ever say can't . I think most people can do most everything with a little training or help.
MMike

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
9 Ball, I completely miss the 6 frequently and shoot the 7 because it seems to blend in with the cloth.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
I think PocketPoint would be proud to know that he left behind a legacy that is so great that every time a new poster starts a seemingly pointless thread, the clique of suspicious AZ super-sleuths always assume it's him.

lol @ U guys :thumbup:

Reactions: JAM

Banks

Banned
I think PocketPoint would be proud to know that he left behind a legacy that is so great that every time a new poster starts a seemingly pointless thread, the clique of suspicious AZ super-sleuths always assume it's him.

After a jaunt to thesaurus.superglossary.com for alternatives to "sleuth" I would prefer to be called incredible-constable. :p

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people spell improperly just to piss other people off. Some don't/won't turn on spell check. {though I always thought it was on automatically} I live in a part of the country whose schools have the worst literary marks in the country. You see it in newspapers and tv broadcasters mispronounce words on the screen. Some people just don't care, one way or the other. In all fairness, most posts here on AZ can be figured out even with the misspellings and poor grammar. I'm not blaming unreadable posts on those for whom English is a second language, but some posts literally need a translator, they are so bad. Try filling out a job application like that. Try requesting an autograph from a celebrity by mail. I honestly think some people post that way on purpose. Some people just can't spell, some don't care as long as they get their point across. In the long run, how much does it really matter? I try to make my posts readable. I can't make anyone else do that and neither can you, so I'd let it go, though I do sympathize.

DeHouser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool. I love teaching as well. It was a later discovery for me. I teach medical board review. (USMLE)

I bet we could have some great conversations over a pool game......if we had time for pool...... :D

Yes, maybe some day... in the distant future;)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Exactly Push Out, it goes even as far as graduates of journalism. I once listened in shock when a newscaster pronounced Cairo as Sayro.
Sure hope they weren't planning on being a foreign correspondent.

Last edited:

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
spell check

There are people that can't spell worth a damn, that I would trust my life with. And there are people I know with college degrees that are complete idiots.

It's an easy process for some. If you manage to avoid any major problems through your younger life, you'll probably end up graduating from college. You'll appear smart to some people. But college is easy. You only need to be slightly above retarded in order to graduate.

The people that fail out of college usually fail because of other problems in life that distract them. Not because the material is too hard. They might have a child, a drug problem, a family problem etc.

It's not that the material is too difficult. So the graduating class appears to be smart. They are handed a job because they have a degree. After all that, I wouldn't trust most of these people with anything. Many of them have been guarded against what real life is like. At the first sign of a real problem, they have no clue how to handle it. But at least they spell good.

Whereas the college dropout has quickly learned survival skills, which I find more important than spelling skills.

I don't think anyone wants to discuss this much more, so I'll stop here.

i speel quit wel I think
But my smart phone tries to guess what i'm saying all the time.
But I do hate my auto spell on my phone LOL He is such a smart A$$.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

It's a fair assumption. Kinda like pulling a Munson.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse
and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Jim, you can skip hitting the shift key by simply and properly inserting the preposition, "of," in your second sentence. Thus the sentence reads, "...helping your uncle jack off of a horse."

Although jacking off a horse is not unheard of to capture semen for breeding.