Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Let the excitement begin...

theWorldTourny2011.jpg

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
No doubt i will be there as well, just hope it is in better fashion then last year !!!! either way it was one of the biggest moments of my life to be able to play in such a great event, i can only imagine what its gonna be like back in the hotel setting !!!

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
I'm There!!!

I'm soooo there! Since learning about it 2 years ago I've been to both. The tournament can really use more spectators though. I think I'll print out that flyer and hang them up in businesses around the area.

Ron F

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
World Championship

Cool stuff! Kudos to Charlie Williams and Dragon for getting the job done again. He takes a lot of heat, but from what I see, he does a helluva good job and is a good guy.

I can hardly wait. With the added Money, all the big bangers will be there.

I was at the hotel a few years back and it was very nice. We were able to sip some Sam Adams while watching top flight straight pool. Bluepepper met us up there and I met Marop, a kindred spirit if ever there was one. Cozzolino and I hung out with Marop, Schmidt, and Hunter a bit. Great time!

We are doing a qualifier at Red Shoes and we have tentatively picked July 23 as the day of the qualifier. (I know that Maryland has its thing the same time, but do not think we draw from the same pool) Karabotsos is planning to play and he is a good bet to take the top spot. Jeff Mohl has qualified there twice and I expect him to play. Cozzolino, both of the Michalecs, maybe Mark Snodgrass, Lou Figueroa. Not as tough as the Eastern qualifiers, but a few guys that can play a little. I look forward to it.

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
I'm soooo there! Since learning about it 2 years ago I've been to both. The tournament can really use more spectators though. I think I'll print out that flyer and hang them up in businesses around the area.

Ron F

Ron, I'll try to make it out this year. Again, I'll need a little luck with the weekend it falls on. I haven't checked the calendar that far out.

And of course I'll be pulling for the local hero - Dave Daya. :thumbup:

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
already on the calendar -- lydia & i will be there to help out with the spectating end of things...

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Let the excitement begin...

theWorldTourny2011.jpg

Email I got from Dragon:

FYI this year's dates have been since modified to Aug 28- Sept 2, 2011. Still at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick ,NJ.
Please mark on your calendar
Thank you

Sally Lee
Senior Events Manager
Dragon Promotions

USA Office 1-407-782-4978
Korea Office +82-2-860-5680
USA www.DragonPromotions.com
Korea www.dragonpromotions.co.kr

Attachments

• theWorldTourny2011.jpg
    theWorldTourny2011.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is Dr Fedak? I think I have heard his name linked to another tournament.
thx
steven