2012 MO State 9 Ball Amateur Tourney

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
No, there is no pool hall in Greenfield - and I hate that. We use to have two.

I've seen you play barbox ... so... no. :)

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are still some spots open in this tournament if anyone is making a last minute decision.

Aaron

Mr.Bumps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am not sure of who won or anything, but the ones left in tourny when i got knocked out r, ivan sweezer, chucky raulston, matt hayes and A. Stoker on winners side, and joey shelton, jon turpin, mitch craven on losers, i think ivan beat chuck to put him on losers but not possitive on that, i was out the door pretty quick after i finished 7th 8th

Kenny Turner

Jamey Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2012 Missouri State 9ball results !!!

1st Aaron Stoker
2nd Mitch Cravens
3rd Ivan Sweezer
4th Joey Shelton
5th - 6th Chuck Raulston - Matt Hayes

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Were gonna win state!

Aaron played great all weekend and was a fully deserving champion. He rocked this tourney from start to finish and now it's off to Disneyland for the champ! :thumbup: Had a great time this year and enjoyed it. Congrats to Aaron! Well done sir! :cool:

Jamey Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really give Aaron props ..... 5 weeks ago he was in a accident and broke his back !!! And he STILL snapped off the tournament ....

Aaron and I used to play A LOT of pool together when I lived in Jeff City and I always knew he had the talent to win this thing ... He's ALWAYS there on Sunday and he finally got what he has worked so hard at ...

Congrats Aaron Stoker, 2012 MISSOURI STATE 9 BALL CHAMPION !!!!

Jamey Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope someone got a video .... It was almost a PERFECT set of 9Ball from Aaron. You have to play good and get a couple of good rolls !!! Aaron beat Mitch Cravens 6-1 in the finals and the best I can remember, Aaron only missed 1 ball that he had a shot at ....

Mr.Bumps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
richard yea i won that tourny in st roberts...as for state tourny aaron beat me 6-2 and it wasnt even as close as score says he missed one ball against me but aside from that played a perfect set. very nice and classy champion Gratz Aaron u deserve it!

troy kirkendoll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks

i am not sure of who won or anything, but the ones left in tourny when i got knocked out r, ivan sweezer, chucky raulston, matt hayes and A. Stoker on winners side, and joey shelton, jon turpin, mitch craven on losers, i think ivan beat chuck to put him on losers but not possitive on that, i was out the door pretty quick after i finished 7th 8th

Kenny Turner

aaron stoker took 1st, mitch cravens took 2nd, ivan sweezer took 3rd. not sure bout the rest

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys. I had a great time as usual, and it was really good to see everybody again. A good roll here and there and a few decent outs at the right times just about sums it up.

They asked me if I wanted to keep the bracket as a souvenir, and I said sure. I created an image of it and attached it if anyone is interested.

I want to say congratulations to Ivan Sweezer for turning in another great performance in this tournament. Each time I think I have a good handle on his speed, he shows me an even higher gear. Great job Ivan!

Kenny, I felt fortunate to get by you. You are rock solid and a class act at the table, and I'm sure there is a 5-year ban in the not-too-distant future for you. Keep swingin at it brother.

I'm not going to turn this into a big knock-fest, so I'll just say to Sam and Jamey that I'm glad I didn't have to play either of you guys. I'm rooting for you both to get your 5-year bans before 2017 so I won't run into you my first year back.

Congratulations to Mitch Cravens also. He played scary good against Ivan, beating him 5-1 or 5-2 I think. But things just kind of went my way in the finals. Race to 6... enough said.

And yes, there is a video of the final match. Nathan had his camera phone out and shot the entire final set from what appeared to be a good angle. He's trying to get the file to me, and I will... do something with it I guess. Maybe youtube it or something after I edit out my misses, cussing, cue throwing, and that one spot where I broke down and bawled like a baby. I will post here when we figure that out. I wish we had the hot seat match also. There were more mistakes in it, but it was a back and forth thriller with each player (myself and Ivan) having a two-game lead at one point, and a pretty nice shot (if I do say so myself) on the case 9-ball.

Anyway, thanks again everybody for the support and kind words. See you all soon at some tournament, somewhere I'm sure.

Aaron

Attachments

• Bracket.JPG
    Bracket.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
aaron stoker took 1st, mitch cravens took 2nd, ivan sweezer took 3rd. not sure bout the rest

Oh, and thanks to Troy Kirkendoll for not showing up and thus allowing me to win one. :smile:

I hope you get your 5-year ban soon too,
Aaron

edit: Ask somebody about the trophies, Troy. :D

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really give Aaron props ..... 5 weeks ago he was in a accident and broke his back !!! And he STILL snapped off the tournament ....

Aaron and I used to play A LOT of pool together when I lived in Jeff City and I always knew he had the talent to win this thing ... He's ALWAYS there on Sunday and he finally got what he has worked so hard at ...

Congrats Aaron Stoker, 2012 MISSOURI STATE 9 BALL CHAMPION !!!!

Yeah, and I remember RACKING a lot when you and I played, LOL. You are overdue as well man. Hope you get your championship soon, and I hope I'm there to see it.

Take care,
Aaron

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
congratulations

Oh, and thanks to Troy Kirkendoll for not showing up and thus allowing me to win one. :smile:

I hope you get your 5-year ban soon too,
Aaron

edit: Ask somebody about the trophies, Troy. :D

Nice job Aaron, now I get the 6 and the last four from you.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Aaron, thanks for the bracket posting. You were the only one of the top four finishers last year that played this year. Brandon and I couldn't take the no smoking situation. And of course Jarrid is riding out his ban.

That ban makes no sense at all to me.