2013 Wow, what a start!

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Hey other instructors. How is your year starting out? I can only hope that it is very successful and prosperous.

I just finished my first 3-day class of the new year. What a great group of students. All very hungry to improve their games. All were extremely attentive. Everyone of them went right to work on their projects.

I feel blessed and just wanted to share with our other fellow instructors.

Makes me want to work harder, if possible.

God Bless
randyg

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Pops! Happy New Year! I just certified my first instructor this year, last weekend in Evansville IN. I'm proud to welcome Steve Boyer (boyersj here on AzB) as our newest member of the PBIA/SPF family of instructors! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
I appreciate the welcome my mentor and friend! As Scott got a chance to see during his time in Evansville, there is definitely some teaching opportunity!

Scott, also don't forget, I need that packet :) When I am satisfied with my training (I didn't start yesterday, had to do the birthday thing) well enough to demonstrate skills, I will be ready to show eager students how to be their own best.

To answer Randy's question, the year is starting out GREAT! I am excited to see what the year brings.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I appreciate the welcome my mentor and friend! As Scott got a chance to see during his time in Evansville, there is definitely some teaching opportunity!

Scott, also don't forget, I need that packet :) When I am satisfied with my training (I didn't start yesterday, had to do the birthday thing) well enough to demonstrate skills, I will be ready to show eager students how to be their own best.

To answer Randy's question, the year is starting out GREAT! I am excited to see what the year brings.

That's what I'm talking about.

Go Steve
randyg

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
That's what I'm talking about.

Go Steve
randyg

Thank you Sir!

I have five pool goals right now:
1. Beat the sh*t out of the 9-ball ghost (on 9' diamond) by 12/31/2013
2. Lead my team to the APA nationals in August, 2013
3. Become an great instructor by helping at least 1 new student per month in 2013
4. Have a pool school scheduled in Evansville large enough to draw Randy and Scott by 12/31/2013.
5. Be competitive in the DCC 9-ball in 2015.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are some great goals, Steve! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Thank you Sir!

I have five pool goals right now:
1. Beat the sh*t out of the 9-ball ghost (on 9' diamond) by 12/31/2013
2. Lead my team to the APA nationals in August, 2013
3. Become an great instructor by helping at least 1 new student per month in 2013
4. Have a pool school scheduled in Evansville large enough to draw Randy and Scott by 12/31/2013.
5. Be competitive in the DCC 9-ball in 2015.

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
Thanks! So where is everyone else's status or objectives? I think this is a great thread Randy.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
This Summer, Scott and I are joining some very good educators. We will try to enhance our teaching skills.

randyg

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Well,

i set my goals for 2013 that way:

1.)Trying to visit Norway where 3 students invited me- hope to be able to manage it with my *daily job*. Would be great.
2.) Also trying to visit my student Marek in Prague in Czech republic- first trying to *make him fit* to reach the national finals-to visit him then while competing there.
3.) Pushing the students i have atm to the next level so that they re finally satisfied.

Furthermore: Learning more and more to be better in instructing hungry pool-students :)

If my students are lucky-then i m also lucky :)

And of course will try to share informations as well with all knowledged instructors, coaches, players as usual. This really satisfies me a lot, to discuss with guys all over the world about billiards in general, and about instructing and teaching.

lg from overseas,

Ingo

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks! So where is everyone else's status or objectives? I think this is a great thread Randy.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Very cautiously. We're still in an economic crisis. People aren't spending a whole lot of money on pool, and that includes table time.

Times are tough. Priorities have changed. We'd be foolish to think otherwise. JMO, of course.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Fran is correct and I recommend going to more "Buy one, get one" and "Hey, let me meet with your whole group" -- that's working super for me already this year. Of course, a good group session spawns individual lessons, books and DVDs and etc.

My other goal has something to do with improving my Google rankings. I'm very high atop many search terms and I've been trying to analyze places where I can get more readers and speak meaningfully to the same topics as well.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Three more students this weekend. Life just gets better.

randyg

Last edited:

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I taught my first student of 2013 last week in a two hour lesson. We are planning to follow up in a couple of weeks to check progress. Wishing all my fellow instructors a very productive and prosperous 2013.

RadicalOne

PBIA Certified Instructor
Silver Member
2013 Start

As a newly "minted" PBIA Instructor, my year in NM is starting off very well, and very busy. By the end of January I'll have already logged over 60 hours of instruction with five new students.

To Randy G - thank you for everything! It was great to finish up 2012 with my PBIA Instructor training. My time with you was extremely rewarding and beneficial. I'm very happy and excited to be a member of the PBIA and SPF Family of Instructors.

My 2013 goal is to have my 100 hours logged before March of this year. I'll then be looking to visit with Mr. Lee for the next level of my progression as a PBIA instructor.

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
That is awesome Radical One!

I just finished my preparation for new students yesterday. My PBIA paperwork should be being processed next week (and then I will add the title to my signature!)

I have 4 scheduled 4-hour lessons early next month and a good buzz with many others. I am pretty certain I will have 60 hours by March.

May I ask what tools you used to get the word out that got you busy quickly?

Steve

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
As a newly "minted" PBIA Instructor, my year in NM is starting off very well, and very busy. By the end of January I'll have already logged over 60 hours of instruction with five new students.

To Randy G - thank you for everything! It was great to finish up 2012 with my PBIA Instructor training. My time with you was extremely rewarding and beneficial. I'm very happy and excited to be a member of the PBIA and SPF Family of Instructors.

My 2013 goal is to have my 100 hours logged before March of this year. I'll then be looking to visit with Mr. Lee for the next level of my progression as a PBIA instructor.

WOW!

Makes us all very proud.

Anything you need, we all here to help.

randyg

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Congrats RadicalOne. it sounds like you have a solid plan and some ambitious goals for 2013. I hope you exceed them.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Well Jan. proved to be a very productive month.

I hosted 3-three day Classes, 1-two day class and
two sets of private lessons.

May Feb. be great for all.

randyg