2013 Wow, what a start!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to our newest PBIA instructor!

I am proud to announce and welcome our newest PBIA instructor...Patrick Terry! Patrick just finished instructor school yesterday, and is already on his way to joining the PBIA ranks, as a member of the SPF family of instructors. Patrick lives in Chicago, and wanted to become an instructor to enhance his mission to work with junior players. He has a 14 year old daughter, Karsyn, who placed fifth at the BEF Junior Nationals in 2011, and 2nd last summer! Patrick will make a fine addition to our instructor core, and we're pleased to have him as part of the organization! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Welcome to our SPF family.

Welcome into the P.B.I.A.

You will do a great job.

randyg

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
Hey Patrick, Welcome!

I am not the new guy on the block anymore though, awww...

Good luck and welcome to the team :)

Steve

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
WOW! March is coming in strong. Just had a student in from South Texas. What a great guy. Picked up on his mechanics in just one day. He took CTE home with him. I was impressed!!!!!!

Homework will tell
randyg

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Anyone ever have one of those students who understands everything you are teaching?

What a fun student that would be!

randyg

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do some research

Do i have to teach what the PBIA teaches or can i teach the game any way i want?

Mike
This same question keeps coming up by a few of the same people who are looking to needle the PBIA trying to get them say they are a dictatorship. All just Passive aggressive B.S.
Im not a rich man but I have the money to go get lessons from anyone I want to. I talked to about 10 different instructors/schools about there lesson outline. Some were PBIA affiliated and some were not. For the most part, the outline of the lessons were very similar. Each individual instructor presented similar material in a similar format.
The guys who keep coming up with the "Can I teach the game any want I want" cant expect the PBIA to just give a guy and instructor cert and then say go do what ever you want. That is not reasonable of any organization or organized group from any field or profession.
For me it came down to a personal rapport with the instructor himself. A rapport that was grown through a couple of conversations that took place over a couple of months.
Im not sticking up for the PBIA but Ive done the research as a customer who is spending my money, not a rail bird who is just looking to stir the shit.
For the record, out of the 10 guys I talked to, there was only one guy that was a nut job and refused to discuss his program and claimed to be a retired road guy and only wanted to discuss payments. He was not a PBIA instructor but I also meet a couple of instructors that were not PBIA and seemed to be as organized and thorough as any of the PBIA guys.
Id also like to add that Im planning to see the same instructor for the advanced class and them Im taking the PBIA instructors class. After all my conversations with the PBIA guys I never got the impression that Ill have to become a robot. There main concern is that the customer is getting accurate and up to date information and procedures. Once again, Ive had several conversations and have NEVER got the impression that Im expected to be a cookie cutter. They just want you to do good work.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Anyone ever have one of those students who understands everything you are teaching?

What a fun student that would be!

randyg

Yes, his name was John Hendrick...and you know what I did with him!
Steve

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This weekend is packing for vacation in FL. I'll be teaching in Jacksonville FL, Vero Beach, and Ft. Lauderdale the first week of April. Then on over to Naples, Ft. Myers, and the Tampa Bay area for the rest of the month! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

oshua86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm straight up putting serious work on my game this weekend, trying to get ready for the Capitol city 10ball open

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
April just booked full. Call me if you are planning to improve your game this Summer.

randyg
214 908-2908