2015 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Nice I like it! I'll post a vid of me getting crushed by the 9 ball ghost when I get some free time

Thank you, please do... we need more videos that show how tough the ghost is to balance things out a little! (I'm sure there are a few of us holding on to videos of ourselves getting crushed as well.)

I'm making another video tonight, a single race to 7 (no retakes) and promise to post it no matter what. ;)

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Started a race yesterday. Was down 2-1 and a buddy came in for some one pocket action that I couldn't turn down.

So you guys will have to wait a little longer to watch me get destroyed.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Not to take anything away from him, (and I'm sure he will agree with me) but taking ball in hand after the break is huge. There are quite a few pros/very strong AAA players who beat the ghost without taking BIH after the break. Now that is very strong...

The guy shoots great, and I wish I played as well as him, but lets not get carried away about woofing at SVB just quite yet ;)

Charlie H., while I totally agree with you, there are a decent % of racks where he doesn't take BIH.

I apologize for swinging from his nuts, but he appears to be much stronger and smoother than the players I see in Arkansas.

He always seems to be on the correct side of the ball and his pocketing is flawless.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlie H., while I totally agree with you, there are a decent % of racks where he doesn't take BIH.

I apologize for swinging from his nuts, but he appears to be much stronger and smoother than the players I see in Arkansas.

He always seems to be on the correct side of the ball and his pocketing is flawless.

Ok, I will admit that I didn't watch the entire video. After seeing the first 3-4 racks, I had seen enough. The guy plays very well. But the most impressive thing is how effortlessly he makes it look. Kinda like "If I run cool, and if I don't that's cool too" :cool:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member

Awesome, I'll check it out and start a new section for the 15-ball ghost.
I think we'll be hard pressed to find someone to beat that, but we've got a whole year, so we'll see. (I'd give it a shot, but I still need to get past the 9, 10, and 12 ball ghosts :embarrassed2:)

By the way, any idea what size the pockets are?

clydeNbonnie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think 5". The table does look smaller in the video but I assure u it is an 8ft.

Last edited:

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Link below should work now... Sorry about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPmP7ubdSuo&list=UUU8p34QpYKDxbcYgZttncjw

Not sure if branpureza is still on here but he's a lefty that can flat out play... There was a link of him roasting the 10 ball ghost on a diamond... like 11-3 or 11-4...

There was also a guy, gerry williams I think... That was beating the ghost pretty bad on video...

Would be awesome if u guys could join the thread...

I would like to see some american rotation videos too...

I hear that you have illegitimately fathered so many 9 ball ghost ponies that the paranormal world was forced to set up a pony orphanage. Haunts in the paranormal world hold an annual telethon to pay the bill. :thumbup:

Nice shooting.

flash5153

none
Silver Member

I seen this post and many comments below, about it,,so decided to look at the link.For some reason I was thinking you were just playing 9 ball and racing to 15.lol
Then I opened the link,,,,and thought,,,how come there are so many balls on the table,,,and,,,, it looks like all 15!!
And then I had that,,,ah ha moment!! lol

Now that is stepping it up a notch or 2!! Its so hard to get separation on the balls from the break.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
So here is one of the ones that I lost hill-hill. 9' Diamond with 4.5" pockets.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krBuPbP0jQ0

Thanks for the upload! Good shooting, you gotta play strong to take on the ghost on a Diamond.

(I'm thinking to only put everyone's best result on the ranking list, with a link to other results at the end. If you'd like to use your big table result in the ranking instead of your previous result, just let me know.)

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
peppersauce -- I like everything about your game. Great technique for sure. I'm even going to ask for one of those hats for next Christmas if it will improve my game by a ball or two.