2016 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice wins, guys! OP updated with latest scores.

Congrat on the 1st place, that is awesome! :thumbup:

Do you find playing against the ghost is helpful for preparing for tournaments?

Thank you. And yes, playing against the ghost is extremely helpful in both practice and preparing for tournaments.

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finaly got the ghost to play with me!
Lost 7-3... For my level this is a good score!! (To be honest tho, one of those 3 was a 3-9 combo..)
I was amazed with the ghost's abilities!! I asked about any tips on my technique but he didn't say a thing... He was dead silent during the match too...
I hope with practice I will be able to close this 4 rack gap :)

Table: Sivissidis Olympic Pro Tour Edιtion 9' ft

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
That 'ol ghost can be awful tough for sure! You'll get him pretty soon I bet.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish me luck brothers!

Attachments

• 20160326_182627.jpg
    20160326_182627.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 228

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
I figure you have it in the bag Scott. You have the best scores against the ghost of all AZB.
That has to count for something!
Don't think you need it but,
Good Luck!

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figure you have it in the bag Scott. You have the best scores against the ghost of all AZB.
That has to count for something!
Don't think you need it but,
Good Luck!

Anything can happen in a race to 7 in 9-Ball. I'll be posting several pro version 9-Ball matches against the ghost before April 30th. Hopefully all will be wins.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 Ball Ghost Challenge-Ball in Hand Version

My game went into the gutter several weeks ago and yesterday I set up the BU Exam and ran through the exercises and in one day my game is back. Here is a 9-2 win playing the 10 ball ghost challenge. The first game I lost was an extremely difficult breakout shot with extreme draw and reverse english, the missed shot to lose a second game was simply a lack of focus. I cannot believe I missed such an easy shot. Anyway here is the video, hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaRWBGNt6Wc&feature=youtu.be

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
My game went into the gutter several weeks ago and yesterday I set up the BU Exam and ran through the exercises and in one day my game is back. Here is a 9-2 win playing the 10 ball ghost challenge. The first game I lost was an extremely difficult breakout shot with extreme draw and reverse english, the missed shot to lose a second game was simply a lack of focus. I cannot believe I missed such an easy shot. Anyway here is the video, hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaRWBGNt6Wc&feature=youtu.be
Please post your BU Exam scores (and videos if available) on the AZB BU sticky thread so we can see how well you did. Any videos of new attempts posted after April 1 will qualify for the BU Exam Challenge I will announce soon.

Thanks,
Dave

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please post your BU Exam scores (and videos if available) on the AZB BU sticky thread so we can see how well you did. Any videos of new attempts posted after April 1 will qualify for the BU Exam Challenge I will announce soon.

Thanks,
Dave

I didn't record the exam, I simply used it to get back in line. However, I plan to record my exams and post them in the AZB BU sticky thread. Looking forward to the announcement.

Thank you for all you have done Dave, it has helped me take my level of play to the next level several times.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I didn't record the exam, I simply used it to get back in line. However, I plan to record my exams and post them in the AZB BU sticky thread. Looking forward to the announcement.

Thank you for all you have done Dave, it has helped me take my level of play to the next level several times.
I am happy to hear that.

You're welcome ... and thank you!

Good luck with the Challenge,
Dave

PS: There will be $2500 up for grabs.

classicjay17

Registered
Ok, finally decided to give this a shot and make a video playing the ghost. I've really enjoyed watching the videos others have posted so far.

I bought a table and set it up last November, after not playing at all for 2 years. I am finally playing enough to give the ghost some competition. I played two races with the 9 ball ghost yesterday. The first I did not record, and lost 6 - 7. The second I won 7 - 3, video link below.

This is my 3rd win against the ghost this year, though I wasn't playing much in Jan & Feb. Please try to make it past the horrible position play in the first 3 games, lol.

Table is a 9' AMF Grand Prix with simonis 860 and 5" pockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H296YsU5RrU

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
I enjoyed watching that Classicjay. You have a good pace and a nice stroke. Made some really good shots in the 6th game and I thought you had that one too but that 'ol ghost snuck up on you lol.
Good shooting!

classicjay17

Registered
Thanks Player. This was my best win against the ghost so far. If I win, and that's a big if, it's usually a 7-5 or 7-6 score. Now I have a new score to try and beat.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, finally decided to give this a shot and make a video playing the ghost. I've really enjoyed watching the videos others have posted so far.

I bought a table and set it up last November, after not playing at all for 2 years. I am finally playing enough to give the ghost some competition. I played two races with the 9 ball ghost yesterday. The first I did not record, and lost 6 - 7. The second I won 7 - 3, video link below.

This is my 3rd win against the ghost this year, though I wasn't playing much in Jan & Feb. Please try to make it past the horrible position play in the first 3 games, lol.

Table is a 9' AMF Grand Prix with simonis 860 and 5" pockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H296YsU5RrU

Nice shooting classicjay17. I see you've been around a while but haven't posted much. Thanks for posting the vid. You really should chime in more often.

I had that exact table for a while until I picked up my new-to-me AMF Grand Prix. My new one is the GCIII knock off.

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here I am playing with my hat on.

I won this one 7-1 against the 10 Ball Ghost.

It had to be the hat.

I hate playing with a hat on so I have no idea why I kept it on. Might be my new thing.

https://youtu.be/x0lFmX5NV8Q

9' Table w/ 4.5" pockets.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im giving myself three months to get in stroke and do a ghost video. I am playing so off right now I stand no chance. Maybe the 6 ball ghost right now. :embarrassed2:
So this will give me some incentive! :grin:

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh boy.......After I play Dennis Hatch on April 30th, I'll be taking the 10 ball with a 7-0 or better. Nice shooting Basement Dweller. I'm comin for ya. :thumbup: