2018 WPA World 9 Ball

TAPCAT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The few matches I've watched the play was good but dam it was slow going. I'm not a fan of alternate break and think the referee should be racking the balls.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The scheduling of this tournament and its matches is quite strange. They really are dragging it out. I suppose it could lead to better performances since guys aren't having to play 3-5 matches in a day, but taking an entire day off during the tournament for some Qatari national holiday is completely absurd. It just shows how they have no interest in really building any excitement or interest in what should be the most prestigious event on the calendar.
Unfortunately nowadays it seems like one of the major principle of WPA with regards to WPC "it is better to have some kind of WPC than nothing at all". For those who remember championships which were held by Matchroom back then these world events last ...years are just a poor substitude(. Of course some free livestream is definitely a plus but honestly I don't see why somebody unfamiliar with the game (new blood) is interested in watching such emotionless thing. The organizers are pretty good at making the game which is fairly fun to play to look so boring to watch especially if you know nothing about it...(

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We must be careful not to criticize them about the holiday, lest we sound like Hypocrites for *****ing about Mosconi over Thanksgiving.

Not sure where the hypocrisy is.
they are playing on Thanksgiving for Mosconi 2019....the original complaint is why schedule it on Thanksgiving anyways? If I'm a into the Qatar nationalistic pride, I'm complaining why schedule it on this holiday as well....but then again they aren't playing on that day so the people that were taken care of are Qatari nationals. The rest of the pool players/fans have to sit down and wait. Not the case in the Mosconi on Thanksgiving decision.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sucks for the players that lost and is just waiting around for days for their flight out.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure where the hypocrisy is.
they are playing on Thanksgiving for Mosconi 2019....the original complaint is why schedule it on Thanksgiving anyways? If I'm a into the Qatar nationalistic pride, I'm complaining why schedule it on this holiday as well....but then again they aren't playing on that day so the people that were taken care of are Qatari nationals. The rest of the pool players/fans have to sit down and wait. Not the case in the Mosconi on Thanksgiving decision.
Here is the hypocracy: we complain if they play on a holiday, we complain if they don’t.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The pressure of nine ball will show up any flaw
But playing in Qatar will put sand in your craw

Trying to view will put you through your paces
Streams are rare but you may find an oasis

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Melling and Albin and Ko
Were in Doha Deueling for dough
They ran into Shane, who caused them great pain
But it was Capito who stole the show.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Qatar is very far to become a pool star,
The women cover up and the goats run amok,
They sell oil for millions to build all the tall buildings,
Everyone's a king with a Ferrari and a gold ring.

Such is the case when it is greed you embrace,
Impoverishing your help who polish your gelt,
Spreading hatred and fear about neighbors who are near,
Contributing nothing yet seeking everything.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There once was a tourney in Qatar, a place a lot like a gutter. There was sand everywhere and towels in the hair...... and i'm not sly enough to go any further. ;)

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only way to get people to stay that long in that Sharia s^*thole.

Plenty of people stay for a long time. Far more interesting places to stay if you ask me but I’m struggling to work out how you formed this opinion.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a really really bad place to hold the WPA 9 Ball World Championship. This doesn’t excuse some of the comments here that just show up some posters to be ignorant of the world beyond their nose and essentially racist.