2018 WPA World 9 Ball

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We'll see....

"Fans around the world will be able to view many of the matches via the QBSF’s free live streaming platform. Multiple tables will be available to view online at no charge to the public.Visit the WPA’s official Facebook Page to get updated links to the live stream."

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niels Feijen vs. Chang Yu Lung is a rough first round match.

Group 6 looks the toughest with Hsieh Chia Chen, Ruslan Chinakhov, Mika Immonen, Mateusz Śniegocki, and Jeffrey Ignacio.

Group 8 - didn't know that Alex Pagulayan's name was Alejandro Pagulayan!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niels Feijen vs. Chang Yu Lung is a rough first round match.

Group 6 looks the toughest with Hsieh Chia Chen, Ruslan Chinakhov, Mika Immonen, Mateusz Śniegocki, and Jeffrey Ignacio.

Group 8 - didn't know that Alex Pagulayan's name was Alejandro Pagulayan!

Your avatar expression of earl is perfect for this scenario. It would be his expression when viewing this world championship website for the first time.
I learned earlier in the thread from PT109 that Alejandro is the name on his passport, but this is the only tournament I've seen without him listed as Alex.

I think cue score has better flow charts for weekly 9 ball tournaments....

https://cuescore.com/tournament/%2350+WEEKLY+THURSDAY+9BALL+TOURNAMENT/2816551

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the USA players, who received the nod from BCA to represent the States?

I see Kevin Hart’s brother, Robert Hart, is playing. Does he qualify himself through the qualifying rounds or receive a bid from BCA. Not hating, just curious.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WPA World 9 Ball Championship - William Hill betting odds for some of the favorites

SVB favorite :)

Capture.jpg

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the USA players, who received the nod from BCA to represent the States?

I see Kevin Hart’s brother, Robert Hart, is playing. Does he qualify himself through the qualifying rounds or receive a bid from BCA. Not hating, just curious.

Yes, the BCA gets to name 6 players who go directly into the Stage 2 double-elimination round of 128 players. They do not play in the qualifying rounds.

BCA's 6 -- Deuel, Lombardo, Hart, Van Boening, Thorpe, Tokoph.

[One wonders what the BCA's process is for arriving at their 6.]

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the BCA gets to name 6 players who go directly into the Stage 2 double-elimination round of 128 players. They do not play in the qualifying rounds.

BCA's 6 -- Deuel, Lombardo, Hart, Van Boening, Thorpe, Tokoph.

[One wonders what the BCA's process is for arriving at their 6.]

Players from the US willing to make the trip?