2018 WPA World 9 Ball

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the flip side, Wu is playing pretty bad. Just not playing with any confidence for whatever reason.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thorpe going to have to beat Garcia tomorrow to make it out of the group stage.

So winners had only one match yesterday. Will only have one today. Then off tomorrow. :embarrassed2:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wu lost in a hill-hill match.

When I started watching, saw each player run a "3-pack" to finish the match.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I don't understand why there seem to be referees near every table, but they are still playing rack your own.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And in some tables the refs are racking. It makes no sense.
I can imagine the TD saying, "rack your own if you both agree, otherwise the ref racks."

The players probably have far more experience racking and are more careful to remove gaps. I think the one ball is on the spot, which means it's best for the rack to be completely tight. Does anyone know the official height of the rack?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any current streaming matches? Seems like they were still streaming at 10am(central) previous days.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any current streaming matches? Seems like they were still streaming at 10am(central) previous days.

I can't even get the stream pages to load. They worked for awhile yesterday but then they didn't and now they still don't.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, according to the brackets for tomorrow's schedule, there will only be a 4AM & 6AM (eastern) set of loser side matches to complete the group stage.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wu lost in a hill-hill match.

When I started watching, saw each player run a "3-pack" to finish the match.

I just watched that match. Some observations:

• Takano racked every ball in the same spot every time, Wu did not. "This tournament will be conducted and played according to WPA rules and regulations ..." says the Tournament Information page. So pattern racking is illegal unless the event obtained a waiver from the WPA and informed the players at the players' meeting.

• The wing ball was made on the break all 17 times. ugh.

• Takano had 6 B&R's on his 9 breaks (4 of 8 for Wu), and, as mentioned above, the last 6 racks were all B&R's.

• Both players had some unexpected misses.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Summary of status for USA players:

SVB and Deuel -- went 2-0 and are on to the single-elim. (knockout) round of 64 on Monday.

Hart -- went 0-2 and is out of the event.

Lombardo, Thorpe, and Tokoph -- stand at 1-1 and must win their match tomorrow to get to the round of 64. Lombardo plays Mazen Berjaoui from Lebanon, Thorpe plays Roland Garcia (2nd place last year), and Tokoph plays John Morra.