2019 World Snooker Championship

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There used to be a non-groups page. It had very nice streams with English commentary when the AGTV streams had only Thai commentary. I suspect the broadcasters and sponsors are doing a lot of whack-a-mole for the WC.

As they should.

I've resorted to the free streams in the past when it was the only option, but they've made it very easy for us Americans to get coverage this year, and at a very cheap price.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
DAZN is generally pretty good and for most of the year you get two table coverage if there are two tables going. But for some reason during the world championship this year and last year we get one table coverage. It’s particularly annoying when the table we get to watch only has a couple of frames left in it. If they are showing Robertson tomorrow we may only get one frame of snooker in that session.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First timer Luo is on the stream now, and is wearing a glove.

I don't think I've ever seen a snooker player wearing one.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First timer Luo is on the stream now, and is wearing a glove.

I don't think I've ever seen a snooker player wearing one.

Stephen Hendry and Steve Davis were just asked about the glove on the BBC broadcast. Hendry said he probably started playing somewhere where it’s humid a lot of the year and alluded to the fact that it’s more common in pool as pool and humid is more common than snooker and humid. Steve Davis then told a story about Earl Strickland, a glove and a golf club that didn’t make too much sense to this viewer.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anyone missed the last match of the day between Luca Brecel and Greg Wilson. It came down to a deciding frame that after a short back and forth resulted in a re-rack.

The 2nd rack did finish...eventually. It was the longest frame in the history of the event, clocking in at a little over 79 minutes.

There were some great safety battles that any fan will appreciate. Although, this probably isn't the game you want first timers to watch if you are trying to get them to like the game.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If anyone missed the last match of the day between Luca Brecel and Greg Wilson. It came down to a deciding frame that after a short back and forth resulted in a re-rack.

The 2nd rack did finish...eventually. It was the longest frame in the history of the event, clocking in at a little over 79 minutes.

There were some great safety battles that any fan will appreciate. Although, this probably isn't the game you want first timers to watch if you are trying to get them to like the game.

Wilson won, in case you're wondering if anybody's paying attention.
...Canucks like him, he spent some time here.

...and I'll be missing some sleep...got Dasn...and it's your fault, Beibs

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i couldn't sleep so i watched both thrillers, this one and maguire vs tian. to me the brecel match seemed very nervy in comparison, with brecel performing rather poorly. wilson won't get far, his potting isn't at top pro level

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i couldn't sleep so i watched both thrillers, this one and maguire vs tian. to me the brecel match seemed very nervy in comparison, with brecel performing rather poorly. wilson won't get far, his potting isn't at top pro level

Neither one of them has any real chance, but someone had to win.

Did you see Brecel's press conference? Poor guy looked like someone ran over his dog.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neither one of them has any real chance, but someone had to win.

Did you see Brecel's press conference? Poor guy looked like someone ran over his dog.

understandable, he performed under par and was tortured by a grinder player. brecel is usually an attacking rythm player, no fun being bogged down

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone please explain the re-rack rule. Not sure why it was called 8 minutes in. Is this a relatively new rule?