2021 US Open 9 ball Atlantic City?

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Is this good info. Sept 13th-18th @ Harrah's Resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Sept of 21. Flyer on FB has those dates, 13-18th.
From Matchroom's FB page:
11511515151.png

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The entry fee has been reduced to $750 and the guaranteed purse is $300,000 with 256 players. That equates to $108,000 in added money, a big step in the right direction. Maybe one day soon the first prize will be elevated to $100,000 like it was two decades ago. :)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The entry fee has been reduced to $750 and the guaranteed purse is $300,000 with 256 players. That equates to $108,000 in added money, a big step in the right direction. Maybe one day soon the first prize will be elevated to $100,000 like it was two decades ago. :)

Was the US Open really that much ever? I know the World was up there but I don't think I have ever seen the US Open winner at 100,000

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Never knew the US Open ever paid $100,000 to the winner. To my knowledge, other than at the IPT events, the biggest prizes in pool were paid at the Japan Open, with Efren once cashing for over $180,000.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Never knew the US Open ever paid $100,000 to the winner. To my knowledge, other than at the IPT events, the biggest prizes in pool were paid at the Japan Open, with Efren once cashing for over $180,000.
Matchroom paid out 100K to the winner of the WPC twice back in the late 90's. That was what I was referring to. The IPT had the biggest prize money ever in pool and Efren got 500K for winning at the Venetian. They deducted the maximum of 30% for taxes, leaving him with $350,000. It only took three years for him to get paid. ;)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom paid out 100K to the winner of the WPC twice back in the late 90's. That was what I was referring to. The IPT had the biggest prize money ever in pool and Efren got 500K for winning at the Venetian. They deducted the maximum of 30% for taxes, leaving him with $350,000. It only took three years for him to get paid. ;)
I know guys that were getting IPT checks for yrs afterwards.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

didn't know that. when was that japan open? it's an underrated tournament, very tough to win.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know guys that were getting IPT checks for yrs afterwards.
The deal Truedough made was to pay them 11% a month until they were paid off. This was after over a year of wrangling with him to get paid. It started out okay for a couple of months and then the checks started coming intermittently every two to three months. Efren told me it took almost three years for him to get his last check. The referees and other support staff never did get paid in full. He also stiffed the Venetian for their bill. At least he was consistent, everybody got the shaft one way or another. Maybe four or five more years to go on his ten year prison sentence.