2022 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

rostym

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Yay! Finally topped my earlier run of 28 this year. Ran 40 balls this afternoon. That's the first run I've had of 40 or more balls since the mid 90's. I've got the pool bug again now and the end patterns and break shots are starting to work better. If I could just stay focused and quit missing those stupid easy shots. Although this particular run I didn't miss an easy shot. I just got out of line a couple of times and it snowballed with slightly worse successive shots on the last rack until I missed after getting a fairly good break. Six balls on the first rack, two good break shots with well played (for me) racks and a decent break starting the last rack, but got in trouble trying to open up a cluster left from the break and missed only 6 balls into the rack. Still, I am very pleased.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I was able to turn a bca league member on to 14.1
He's a 650 Fargo and I actually have a winning record over him in 8ball.

But at this game, it's no contest, the guys a machine and his true shooting ability is on full display. He ran a 49 in game on me yesterday and he's only been playing for a few weeks.

Even a perfect break shot doesn't phase the guy, if the ball isn't frozen to the end rail, he's drilling it full table length.

soyale

My hr is still 15 but dont add me yet please, im still shooting for a 28 before i even want it documented on here.

after being stuck at 15 for almost a year, i finally got into the second rack today and made it to 28. some pretty good rolls helped me out along the way. i had a plan for the end of the rack but i blew the easy pattern, so i was playing to shoot the break ball into the side (which i've never ever tried... going to practice those). rolled too far forward on the key ball and tried to shoot it into the top corner and rattled it. i woulda been pretty stuck even if it had fell.

needless to say i am absolutely over the moon. i've been really down on myself and my pool game lately and to reach my stated goal of 28 the very first time i got into the second rack makes me feel like there's still hope for me yet.

my next goal is to get a 28 on film where the tag isn't sticking up out of the back of my shirt :ROFLMAO:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
after being stuck at 15 for almost a year, i finally got into the second rack today and made it to 28. some pretty good rolls helped me out along the way. i had a plan for the end of the rack but i blew the easy pattern, so i was playing to shoot the break ball into the side (which i've never ever tried... going to practice those). rolled too far forward on the key ball and tried to shoot it into the top corner and rattled it. i woulda been pretty stuck even if it had fell.

needless to say i am absolutely over the moon. i've been really down on myself and my pool game lately and to reach my stated goal of 28 the very first time i got into the second rack makes me feel like there's still hope for me yet.

my next goal is to get a 28 on film where the tag isn't sticking up out of the back of my shirt :ROFLMAO:

If you hadn't told me your high run before watching this was 15, I'd think it was higher. Nice 28 man.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Forgot to post.
282 unfinished on January 11th.
This was the day before Jayson Shaw started his High run attempts.
Is you're personal best still 311...? ...or is that just the record on a diamond table of some spec..?

I ask because there'd be no way I'd stop at 282 if my personal best was a mere 30 balls away

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is you're personal best still 311...? ...or is that just the record on a diamond table of some spec..?

I ask because there'd be no way I'd stop at 282 if my personal best was a mere 30 balls away
My

High run is 339. I had a conference call scheduled and had to attend to it