2022 AZ Open

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This kid playing Ouschan has a real nice break.

10:00 losers elimination match coming up is Gorst vs Roberto Gomez.
Ya he does and Albin is not yet in tune with these tables, they play far different than a Diamond and much faster , the cloth makes 860 look like a turtle stuck in mud , but in this exactly what they are looking for . Like horses running in mud it brings all of them closer to the leader ,

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today's stream (est):

Noon - Ralph vs Gorst
1:30 - Garcia vs Oi
3:00 - Lechner/Ouschan vs Fortunski/Labutis

7:00 - Semi 1
8:30 - Semi 2
10:00 - finals

Pagulayan, Biado, Gomez, Atencio, Mika, Hohmann, Kazakis, Alcaide, & Morra didn't make the cut. Looks like Reinhold is only American still standing.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could be mistaken, don't claim to know everything, but I think I read somewhere that the Predator event is a ranking tourney for the MR rankings... call me crazy 🤷‍♂️
Probably a WPA ranking event. Different from MR's system.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Shane not playing in this whole series because of the Predator logo on the shirts? Or was that another event from last year?

VVP

Registered
Can't recall seeing Roland Garcia played before in the couple years I have been following/playing pool, but the guy can play! Hope he wins this tournament. Hope I didn't jinx him 😬

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't recall seeing Roland Garcia played before in the couple years I have been following/playing pool, but the guy can play! Hope he wins this tournament. Hope I didn't jinx him 😬
I played Roland in a 1P tournament. I won the first game and got roasted after that. He made balls from everywhere and never missed after that first game. He’s been doing real well in all the tournaments I’ve read about.

Reactions: VVP

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played Roland in a 1P tournament. I won the first game and got roasted after that. He made balls from everywhere and never missed after that first game. He’s been doing real well in all the tournaments I’ve read about.
He hustled me once in the Philippines over ten years ago. I was whipping it up on the locals playing One Pocket in Pampanga and they had no clue about the game. I would teach them the rules and they would play me for maybe 500P ($10) a game. Finally someone brought Roland in and like the others I showed him how the game was played. We played the first game for 500P and I won. He asked me to raise the bet to 1000P and I did. He won the next four games in a row making balls from all over the table. He still didn't really know how to play but it made no difference. I gave up after that. I had seen enough. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll admit I was wrong about the shootouts. While I don't like a player potentially winning more racks (7-4) only to lose in a shootout, that's outweighed by the obvious FACT that the crowd enjoys them. Crowds are good. :)

The one change I would like to see is for later rounds go to more sets. Say 4 sets to to 3. 2 sets a piece and you have a shootout.

I applaud CSI for trying something different. I think they've earned our respect here.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm still back and forth about the shootout.

I do think its too slow. Waiting for the CB to stop completely, then cleaning the CB, then cleaning the 10, then spotting the 10. It all takes too long. I wish the ref would at least move a lot faster, if the rest of the steps can't be eliminated.

VVP

Registered
Looks like Gorst is left-eye dominant and Garcia is right-eye dominant. Garcia seems to be twisting his head a bit kinda unorthodox.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Shane not playing in this whole series because of the Predator logo on the shirts? Or was that another event from last year?
Do you see any Predator logos on the shirts? I don't see any on Gorst and he is a Cuetec guy like SVB, right? But they're small, maybe I can't see it. Looks like Garcia has one on but I thought the announcer in previous match said both of those guys were Predator team guys. The player guide only says the player may have to wear an event logo (presumably would have Predator as part of it) plus up to three patches/logos.