2023 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2023 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

It’s a new year, and everyone is on a clean slate. Let's see who can back up their written posts with game play for bragging rights :);)o_O Videos are welcome, but not required. 1st post will be kept up to date with best score. See 2nd post for “suggested” rules. Rack'em:)

Prior Year Threads:
2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015

9-Ball Ghost (BIH after break, luck counts)

SCOREMEMBER
9-0Poolmanis
11-1 Video (4x speed)td873
7-2 Video9BallKY
7-3 Videopeppersauce
7-4Atorontopoolplayer
11-8 Videojeagle64
6-7BasementDweller
6-7 Video (5x speed)iusedtoberich
3-7 Videosoyale
3-7DaWizard
3-7bpeacock
2-723DenaliBDE
6-0 Video (4x speed)Prfxshn
5-4JolietJames

9-Ball Pro Ghost (No BIH after break, luck counts)

10-Ball Ghost (BIH after break, luck counts)
SCOREMEMBER
6-7 Videopeppersauce

10-Ball Pro Ghost (No BIH after break, luck counts)
SCOREMEMBER

Random Ghost (8-ball, 15 ball rotation, 1 Pocket, snooker, etc..)

Straight Pool
Straight pool has its own 18 year running challenge. Go to this thread to join! 2023 Straight Pool Challange

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“SUGGESTED” GHOST CHALLENGE RULES.
Feel free to modify as you see fit.

All games:
-Race to 7
-Break, take ball in hand and try to run out
-Runout is a win for you
-Miss or foul is a win for the ghost
-Cue ball fouls only
-Break scratch - no penalty, take ball in hand and continue
-No restrictions on racking or breaking (magic rack, pattern racking, soft break, are ok)
-Money ball on the break spots up if it goes in the two foot pockets. If it goes in any other pocket, its a win.
-Jump cues ok.

6/9/10-ball specific rules:
-Flukes count
-Early money ball (combo/carom) is a win for you (including BIH shot)
-10 ball is played by 9 ball rules, not WPA called shot 10 ball rules

8-ball specific rules:
-BIH anywhere on table after the break, and can shoot inside or outside of the kitchen.
-8 on the break spots up (not a win)

Pro version for 6/8/9/10
-No BIH after break
-Break scratch is a loss of game
-Optional, GOD version means you must pocket a ball on the break (in addition to the above two), or you lose.

Races to 7 (or higher) will be ordered by W-L first, and date of play 2nd. Races lower than 7 will be ranked lower in the list.

In an effort to make record keeping easier, I will not be recording table size, table type, pocket size, etc, like we did in some years past. Feel free to add that information on your own post. I will also only have each player's best score on the chart, not all scores like prior years.

Last edited:

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15-ball ghost 4-7 loss. will provide video soon(ish)
How does the 15 ball ghost work? Is it just breaking and clearing all the balls in any order? Do you start with a fresh rack each time or is it continuous like 14-1 where you rack 14 when you're on that last ball? Do you have to make a ball on the break, is a dry break a loss? Ball in hand after break, or play where it lies?
This sounds interesting since I hardly ever get through a full rack of 9-ball.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does the 15 ball ghost work? Is it just breaking and clearing all the balls in any order? Do you start with a fresh rack each time or is it continuous like 14-1 where you rack 14 when you're on that last ball? Do you have to make a ball on the break, is a dry break a loss? Ball in hand after break, or play where it lies?
This sounds interesting since I hardly ever get through a full rack of 9-ball.
15-ball ghost is like playing 9-ball... Just 15 balls :) I rack 1 front, 15 in middle, 2 and 3 to back corners. Like rotation rack :)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15-ball ghost is like playing 9-ball... Just 15 balls :) I rack 1 front, 15 in middle, 2 and 3 to back corners. Like rotation rack :)
I just throw them in the triangle an whack off.

No need to be so hardon that 1 ball, imo.
Screenshot_20230103-192248.jpg

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 15-ball match first 2 racks published now. after second rack i learn something with little test...
Total my match have 5 parts and I now publish them every day from now.
Any suggestions /question or feedback, please leave a comment on Youtube(or here).
And if you like this please drop a like so i know if I try this kind format more.

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9-ball ghost, 7-3 win. That’s my submission for the year. 🤣 Kidding. I’m going to get more sets in this year. Didn’t play much traditional ghost sets last year.

This set was a little frustrating. Could’ve been 7-0, but I played like I play and just missed open balls. 🤷 Frustrating when you make balls, get wide open tables, and just can’t get there like you want to.

January 16, 2023

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
doh! Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. I dodo. I cut and pasted here. Oops.

9-ball ghost. 11-1. Missed one ball in about an hour and haven't done that in years. Very satisfying.

Full Length:
sped up 4X:

-td [edit: Fargo 667 today]

Last edited: