2023 World Pool Championship, Kielce, Poland

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
"Should just never go in", to quote Boyes himself on that 3-ball wobble for Duong.

Make the pocket shelf deeper, for Lord's sake! Ever so slightly! Until MR realizes this, all the boasting with the photos of 4.25 and even 4" is crap.

to Ouschan's credit, he's grown into a formidable opponent. He is much like a boa python now, just squeezing the good living out of his victims. Flawless pocketing and precise safety play.
Oh no doubt Albin is a monster. But when you look at all of the names in the final 64, then look at who he’s had to play… well, I’d say he’s dodged about 30 land mines.

• Haha
Reactions: VVP

Nick8400

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Should just never go in", to quote Boyes himself on that 3-ball wobble for Duong.
Make the pocket shelf deeper, for Lord's sake! Ever so slightly! Until MR realizes this, all the boasting with the photos of 4.25 and even 4" is crap.
Really?

Vahmurka

Silver Member
Rly.
A deeper shelf would allow to get back to even 4.5" corner pockets which would play much less forgiving than current setup when a shot is poor. And at the same time leave a bit more room to utilize the whole pocket when needed.
Recent MR events regularly prove that it's not the pocket throat size which defines proper equipment.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

These tables play much softer than at DCC.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rly.
A deeper shelf would allow to get back to even 4.5" corner pockets which would play much less forgiving than current setup when a shot is poor. And at the same time leave a bit more room to utilize the whole pocket when needed.
Recent MR events regularly prove that it's not the pocket throat size which defines proper equipment.
Whatever dude. Diamond's already have deep slates. People need to quit worrying about this crap and just enjoy the pool. You think Diamond is going to overhaul their table so a handful of no playing keyboard warriors will be happier watching pool in mom's basement?? Why don't you contact Chad at Diamond. I'm sure they'll get right on this.

Vahmurka

Silver Member
Whatever dude. Diamond's already have deep slates.
From what I know, Greg has been trying different things over time, and always asked the players' opinion. We remember times when the shelves were so deep that the hanging ball was impossible to reach shooting rail first. Then finally I recall from on of Greg's interviews, they agreed on some rule of thumb about how much % of the ball should be visible down the rail.
Based on what I see how these tables accept a sloppy shot, I'm in doubt the shelf here is deep enough. Simple as that.

And I respect your opinion you share at AZB a lot, but what to enjoy about a ball finding gravity when the shot was basically a miss? :unsure: