22 balls in one legal stroke

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
It is known that Eddie Parker aka "Fast Eddie" holds the world record of 22 balls on one legal stroke. Does anyone know how they were setup?
 
I don't, but that's not even the record. There's one that involves 40.

This is what Freddy the Bear has to say on it:

There's an eccentric guy in Chicago named Jeff Gates that has made 40 balls in one shot -- many times. He has the shot on video, and for whatever reason has not released it publicly. He is apparently waiting for some kind of million dollar offer from Believe It Or Not, or something like that. He has been working on this shot, exclusively for 20 years. He rents his own private table by the year, in Chris's Billiards, with a video setup! He's financially secure, so it really aint about the money. Anyone who has played in Chris's has probably seen Jeff do this, mainly because this is all he does. Oh yeah, now I remember, he's waiting for someone to want to use Michael Jordan to do the shot for a commercial on TV. The shot is not all that difficult, it's his amazing setup systems that are the key. I havent talked to him in a couple of years so its a good bet he has improved on the 40 number.

the Beard
Don't believe? Just call the pool room. 773 286 4714.

My first guess is... butterfly-type shot, with 2 hangers dangling in every hole, and the cue ball hits something else afterwards... maybe another butterfly?
 
I don't, but that's not even the record. There's one that involves 40.

This is what Freddy the Bear has to say on it:



My first guess is... butterfly-type shot, with 2 hangers dangling in every hole, and the cue ball hits something else afterwards... maybe another butterfly?

"Legal shot?"

Is that one that isn't illegal under Chicago or Illinois state law?


(-:

EagleMan
 
I don't, but that's not even the record. There's one that involves 40.

This is what Freddy the Bear has to say on it:



My first guess is... butterfly-type shot, with 2 hangers dangling in every hole, and the cue ball hits something else afterwards... maybe another butterfly?

I believe Jeff got up to 42. He's definitely recorded every single total between 30 and 40. And yes, it begins with two hangers per pocket and balls in the center of the table, but I don't remember what else he did.
 
I don't, but that's not even the record. There's one that involves 40.

This is what Freddy the Bear has to say on it:



My first guess is... butterfly-type shot, with 2 hangers dangling in every hole, and the cue ball hits something else afterwards... maybe another butterfly?

I've seen him do the 40
 
I used to watch Jeff all the time on his table.

Interesting tidbit- the 40+ ball shot required a very hearty stroke, and also required a 30+ ounce cue, which was a modified cognoscenti. He fashioned the butt end with steel washers for the extra weight.

Jeff is an interesting fella. Haven't seen him in a long time. Ran into him once downtown at Navy Pier. He was on roller blades and had a huge white talking parrot on his shoulder!
 
Kobachi...I've seen Jeff make the 40 balls too. His cockatoo is always with him...pretty impressive bird, to say the least!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I used to watch Jeff all the time on his table.

Interesting tidbit- the 40+ ball shot required a very hearty stroke, and also required a 30+ ounce cue, which was a modified cognoscenti. He fashioned the butt end with steel washers for the extra weight.

Jeff is an interesting fella. Haven't seen him in a long time. Ran into him once downtown at Navy Pier. He was on roller blades and had a huge white talking parrot on his shoulder!
 
I used to watch Jeff all the time on his table.

Interesting tidbit- the 40+ ball shot required a very hearty stroke, and also required a 30+ ounce cue, which was a modified cognoscenti. He fashioned the butt end with steel washers for the extra weight.

Jeff is an interesting fella. Haven't seen him in a long time. Ran into him once downtown at Navy Pier. He was on roller blades and had a huge white talking parrot on his shoulder!

Then it was NOT a "legal shot"...at least not under WPA or BCA rules which limit the weight of cues to 25 oz.

(See WPA Tournament and Equipment Specifications #17 and the BCA Equipment Specifications)

(-:

EagleMan
 
Back
Top