$250,000 payout

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at posts concerning limited events, player/promoter division and reduced fields/payouts this year...which made us wonder.

When was the last time $100,00 was paid to 1st place at a pool tournament?

When was the last time $250,00 was paid at a tournament?

What was the highest legitimate cash payout ever at a tournament?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IPT was the last time $100,000 and $350,000 was paid out for first place at a tournament, which would have been 2005 to 2006 era, but according to most on this forum, some of whom have never been to an IPT event, the IPT was crap.

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks JAM. I looked it up. It says Mike Sigel won $150,000 and Efren Reyes Pocketed $200,000

Is $200,000 the largest legitimate cash payout out in the history of tournament pool?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks JAM. I looked it up. It says Mike Sigel won $150,000 and Efren Reyes Pocketed $200,000

Is $200,000 the largest legitimate cash payout out in the history of tournament pool?

Efren won another one for more than $200,000 in Reno, I think, and so did Thorsten Hohmann. I think Thorsten's was more than $100,000. It was $350,000, according to this ---> HERE :smile:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The IPT was awful, lol
Go ahead and list all of the other
people who've put up 12 million
for pool.

I'm having a hard time coming up with
other names than Kevin T. but I'm sure
all the AZ'ers who bash the IPT can
come up with many right?

DISCLAIMER ----> DIDN'T SAY HE WAS A GREAT PERSON
(So save it):smile:

Last edited:

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think the IPT was crap, but the guy behind it all was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ipt

Efren won another one for more than $200,000 in Reno, I think, and so did Thorsten Hohmann. I think Thorsten's was more than $100,000. It was $350,000, according to this ---> HERE :smile:

Thanks for the read, John Wesley

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Factor or discount winnings

It's water under the bridge, and not to open old or recent wounds, but..

If one wins $xxxx, but is asked to wait on payment from promoter...(slow or questionable payment in full)..would or could a player 'factor' the amount owed to him? That is take a lesser amount from a third party, assign the debt, and have the holder of the debt assume the risk of payment in full at some later date?

If 1099's are issued...who picks up the income? In full? Or net of the 'discount'?

Maybe it doesn't matter...perhaps all the other overhead expense of being a Pro player, more than offset the 1099 winnings anyway.

...just a Sunday afternoon thought...being tax filing time of year and all..

...any IRS agent reading....please advise the recommended treatment

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
First prize for the IPT World Open 8-Ball Championship in 2006 was $500,000. Efren won.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and got PAID...although the way I heard it, Butch Puyat had to send a rather large individual (think bent-nose type), with an empty suitcase, and an ultimatum to "fill 'er up"! Apparently KT did just that! Amazing what a little pressure from a billionaire will accomplish! None of the Americans owed $$$ by him had that kind of clout! LOL :eek: :wink:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

First prize for the IPT World Open 8-Ball Championship in 2006 was $500,000. Efren won.

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much for just 1 Tournament?... Not whole IPT Championship I cant find anything in wiki about IPT paying 500K

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many formally great American players that hardly played any more got 25k just for
showing up? :wink:

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at posts concerning limited events, player/promoter division and reduced fields/payouts this year...which made us wonder.

When was the last time $100,00 was paid to 1st place at a pool tournament?

When was the last time $250,00 was paid at a tournament?

What was the highest legitimate cash payout ever at a tournament?

Daz won 100k about 5 years ago when he beat Wu for world 10 ball title...

#Cruncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ones that I'm aware of are the following:

2001 - Tokyo 9 ball open 1st Efren Reyes $163,172
2005 - Texas Hold em Championship 1st Marlon Manalo $100,000
2005 - IPT King of the Hill 1st Efren Reyes $200,000 2nd Mike Sigel $100,000
2006 - IPT North American Championship 1st Thorsten Hohman $350,000 2nd Marlon Manalo $99,000
2006 - IPT World 8 ball Championship 1st Efren Reyes $500,000 2nd Rodney Morris $150,000
2008 - World 10 ball championship 1st Darren Appleton $100,000

Most of the world championships paid between 50-75 for first but there might have been another one that was 100 besides Darren's win. Manalo's win was winner take all, wow.

IPT North American had a 2 million dollar purse and the IPT world had a 3 million dollar purse. I can't see how that will ever be topped. (I hope I'm wrong).

Last edited:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow is right

The ones that I'm aware of are the following:

2001 - Tokyo 9 ball open 1st Efren Reyes $163,172
2005 - Texas Hold em Championship 1st Marlon Manalo $100,000
2005 - IPT King of the Hill 1st Efren Reyes $200,000 2nd Mike Sigel $100,000
2006 - IPT North American Championship 1st Thorsten Hohman $350,000 2nd Marlon Manalo $99,000
2006 - IPT World 8 ball Championship 1st Efren Reyes $500,000 2nd Rodney Morris $150,000
2008 - World 10 ball championship 1st Darren Appleton $100,000

Most of the world championships paid between 50-75 for first but there might have been another one that was 100 besides Darren's win. Manalo's win was winner take all, wow.

IPT North American had a 2 million dollar purse and the IPT world had a 3 million dollar purse. I can't see how that will ever be topped. (I hope I'm wrong).

Thanks for this list; some fantastic payouts.....I wonder if all the IPT payouts were made in full...seems like at the end, there was a problem with people getting their full payment? Too bad these payouts aren't the norm, but that seems unrealistic now......and in the back of my mind I think about the PGA Tour which seems to pay out $1 million for first prize every weekend......#@%$&*^!