pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
I was hoping someone would do this...

Thank you both.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think JR has done a helluva job. I was positive on his choice back then but i still think there are capable coach/manager options in the U.S. And(this may sound nuts) they don't really have to be from the pool world. Lot of GREAT coach/manager/motivators in the U.S. I don't think lack of pool knowledge is that big an issue in this event.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In hindsight I think JR may have been the only one suitable for one reason: negotiation power. I can imagine MR asking JR to coach USA. He says he will consider it but they need to agree to certain concessions. He gets to do A, B, C and D and MR must support those efforts. MR agrees because they trust him.

Alternatively MR asks USA Coach X to lead the team. He doesn’t even consider asking for A, B, C and D because he doesn’t entertain that MR would ever agree to that. Even if X does ask, he’ll probably only get A and B supported by MR because he doesn’t carry the same clout.

Now that we are here, I could see a larger pool of people capable of taking over team USA in good hands moving forward and benefiting from what JR was able to negotiate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Johann has a Master Coach Degree from his country’s Olympic Committee. Is there a US coach that had anything comparable? How to coach a team isnt learned from HAMB (or CTE for that matter).

Freddie <~~~ can’t wait til 2019

plague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am only one to have that mastercoach degree
but pedigree is not about paper

Johan has the knowledge, the skill, the passion
I am convinced nobody could have facilitated the US players like Johan
i use facilitated, to avoid any American fan taking offense, thinking people believe it is because of Johan
the players made all the shots, but johan together with assistance of JJ has orchestrated, engineered, facilitated strong bonding, individual development and a learning environment

biggest value of this campaign...i believe
for the Poolscene in US, is that it opens eyes in regard to method
just like in all other sports, method fuels growth
USA players have learned to talk, share and express
and the victory is an affirmation of the value of the process
accelerated learning!! good things to grow from here

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Johann has a Master Coach Degree from his country’s Olympic Committee. Is there a US coach that had anything comparable? How to coach a team isnt learned from HAMB (or CTE for that matter).

Freddie <~~~ can’t wait til 2019
Damn it Freddie! Ha Ha Ha!!

here we go with the CTE stuff....hold on tight!

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am only one to have that mastercoach degree
but pedigree is not about paper

Johan has the knowledge, the skill, the passion
I am convinced nobody could have facilitated the US players like Johan
i use facilitated, to avoid any American fan taking offense, thinking people believe it is because of Johan
the players made all the shots, but johan together with assistance of JJ has orchestrated, engineered, facilitated strong bonding, individual development and a learning environment

biggest value of this campaign...i believe
for the Poolscene in US, is that it opens eyes in regard to method
just like in all other sports, method fuels growth
USA players have learned to talk, share and express
and the victory is an affirmation of the value of the process
accelerated learning!! good things to grow from here

These are great points. Coaching team sports is a special and unique talent. Pool Players by their training and the way they usually operate are lone wolves/independent operators. If that is your mindset it very tough to try and coach a group I would think. Hats off to all involved! It was very nice to see the US team win this year!