4ea Diamond 5'x10' ProAms in the making.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
So I am guessing you are making the pocket size on these tables the same as the 4 1/2 x 9 Diamond pocket size? I am hoping that you don't go larger pocket size for a larger table, the pockets being 4.25 with the proper angles so the ball goes in with an accurate shot would actually be ideal for the pros on a 5x10 but for sure no larger then 4.5 please.

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the idea of a quality 5x10 but I fail to see the advantage of a 1 piece slate. In my mind your just building a logistical nightmare probably needing four guys to set up and would be better served by a 3 piece with thicker slates. 6x12's with 5 pieces manage to play fine for decades when set up right.
good luck and I look forward to playing on one sometime.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I think it's awesome that Diamond is making a 5x10. There is no better table manufacturer than Diamond to take on the task of having a premium 5x10 pool table imho.

With that said I still feel that Earl would still be Shane on it just as I bet on Earl to win the first time (didn't have real cash at the time so I bet all my vCash on Earl ;)). Both players shot balls on the same slate with the same pockets regardless of how wrong or right it was. If you believe that Shane would play better on the 5x10 Diamond you are probably right. If you believe that Earl would shoot worse on the 5x10 Diamond you are definitely wrong.

I'm only going to say this once...Shane underestimated playing on THAT 5'x10' they played on...and it cost him the match. He jawed more balls than Earl did...and Earl shot at the top of his game...and won. But...ask yourself..when have you ever seen Shane jaw so many balls in the past? I'm telling you...playing again on a Diamond 10fter...built the same as a Diamond 9fter...with the same pocket dementions...and you'll have a repeat of what Shane did to Earl when they played on a Diamond 9ft ProAm...and what happened then?...it wasn't even close;) I've played enough 14.1 on 10ft tables to tell you...it's the pockets that make the difference....not the size of the playing surface...which is all controlled by your position play. Seldom is a shot made on a 10ft table...any longer than any shot played on a 9ft table...and THAT is all determined by the players cue ball control!!!...and Shane has that!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I like the idea of a quality 5x10 but I fail to see the advantage of a 1 piece slate. In my mind your just building a logistical nightmare probably needing four guys to set up and would be better served by a 3 piece with thicker slates. 6x12's with 5 pieces manage to play fine for decades when set up right.
good luck and I look forward to playing on one sometime.

How often do you move a 6'x12'? If Diamond were to sell this table for home use...then yes, I agree....a 3 piece slate would be needed. But when it comes to setting a table up for a match to be played...then the faster the better. I've worked on pool tables for most of my life...and I can tell you this with out a doubt....a one piece slate is the most level slate at the seams that you can possibly get...bar none...because there are NO seams;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So I am guessing you are making the pocket size on these tables the same as the 4 1/2 x 9 Diamond pocket size? I am hoping that you don't go larger pocket size for a larger table, the pockets being 4.25 with the proper angles so the ball goes in with an accurate shot would actually be ideal for the pros on a 5x10 but for sure no larger then 4.5 please.

Yes, the pocket size is the same Pro Cut pockets used on the Diamond 9ft Pro/ProAm...4 1/2" corners and 5 1/16" sides...and the same miters and down angles...as well as pocket shelf depth.

12ozCurl

Banned
I'm only going to say this once...Shane underestimated playing on THAT 5'x10' they played on...and it cost him the match. He jawed more balls than Earl did...and Earl shot at the top of his game...and won. But...ask yourself..when have you ever seen Shane jaw so many balls in the past? I'm telling you...playing again on a Diamond 10fter...built the same as a Diamond 9fter...with the same pocket dementions...and you'll have a repeat of what Shane did to Earl when they played on a Diamond 9ft ProAm...and what happened then?...it wasn't even close;) I've played enough 14.1 on 10ft tables to tell you...it's the pockets that make the difference....not the size of the playing surface...which is all controlled by your position play. Seldom is a shot made on a 10ft table...any longer than any shot played on a 9ft table...and THAT is all determined by the players cue ball control!!!...and Shane has that!

Just saw him rattle the pocket on a bar box...twice...then left himself shitty.....
SVB is human. I will put my cues up saying that if shane shoots like he is shooting now then Earl will take the W.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...And yes...way back in time Diamond did dabble a little in building a few OLDER 5'x10' Diamonds.

Glen

I could have sworn you said on one of the original "Earl calling out the world on a 10 footer" threads that Diamond has NEVER made a 10' table, when a poster asked if they would be playing on a Diamond. Am I remembering your post wrong?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I could have sworn you said on one of the original "Earl calling out the world on a 10 footer" threads that Diamond has NEVER made a 10' table, when a poster asked if they would be playing on a Diamond. Am I remembering your post wrong?

I talked with Greg about Diamond building 10fts in the past...more than 11 years ago..which is how long I've been working with Diamond.....and he told me that they HAD built a few in the past...but quit building them shortly after the first few went out...so yes...before my involvment with Diamond.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't know what your saying

Earl has NO chance of beating Shane on a REAL 5'x10' pocket pool table... period!! Playing on a converted snooker table was a circus act at its best!:cool:
You are way off on your thinking, Earl just dominated the two best American players back to back and neither one of them will ever hold the US Open and world titles that he does.--Leonard

Celtic

Silver Member
Yes, the pocket size is the same Pro Cut pockets used on the Diamond 9ft Pro/ProAm...4 1/2" corners and 5 1/16" sides...and the same miters and down angles...as well as pocket shelf depth.

I think these things are going to be a huge hit, especially if we are to say, get a major challenge match going on day 1 of the first table comming out of the shop. Earl vs SVB round 2, table set up by RCK, streamed by TAR.

If you hype a match like that, day 1 just like that the first ever 5x10 Diamond is revealed, TAR streams it for the first time for the world to see. People are going to be excited and this could be huge. Get the hype machine going, when is the first table approximately going to be complete? Can we think sometime this summer? If you can nail down a date you can have it finished you should start talking to Earl, SVB, TAR, and the others who could maybe get the release of this table to the eyes of the public to be a very big deal.

Bill S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Really? And Earl doesn't have cue ball control? Then explain to me why Shane was always playing 5-7 ft shots from his own position play while Earl was playing 2-3 foot shots.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You are way off on your thinking, Earl just dominated the two best American players back to back and neither one of them will ever hold the US Open and world titles that he does.--Leonard

Excuse me...I forgot...what was the outcome of Shane playing Earl on that Diamond 9ft they played a race to 100 on?...something like 100-63 I think wasn't it?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Really? And Earl doesn't have cue ball control? Then explain to me why Shane was always playing 5-7 ft shots from his own position play while Earl was playing 2-3 foot shots.

Excuse me...I forgot...what was the outcome of Shane playing Earl on that Diamond 9ft they played a race to 100 on?...something like 100-63 I think wasn't it?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I think these things are going to be a huge hit, especially if we are to say, get a major challenge match going on day 1 of the first table comming out of the shop. Earl vs SVB round 2, table set up by RCK, streamed by TAR.

If you hype a match like that, day 1 just like that the first ever 5x10 Diamond is revealed, TAR streams it for the first time for the world to see. People are going to be excited and this could be huge. Get the hype machine going, when is the first table approximately going to be complete? Can we think sometime this summer? If you can nail down a date you can have it finished you should start talking to Earl, SVB, TAR, and the others who could maybe get the release of this table to the eyes of the public to be a very big deal.

You just read my mind...and I've already talked to Shane about it...he's in!
Question is...will Earl play Shane on a REAL 5'x10' table...built by Diamond, with correct pocket openings:cool:

Celtic

Silver Member
You just read my mind...and I've already talked to Shane about it...he's in!
Question is...will Earl play Shane on a REAL 5'x10' table...built by Diamond, with correct pocket openings:cool:

Put that question on Mike Guylassy, I would be absolutely shocked if he said anything but "damn straight he will, lets get it on!!!"