52nd All Japan Championship (10 ball) (20-24Nov) Winner~$16K

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strong showing from Mika Immonen, too. He has to be the oldest player left in the tournament, I’m guessing. I’ve never been a fan of his, but taking down Biado and Ko back to back is noteworthy.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to the game-by-game scoring it looked liked Wu was up 10-3 in that match, and Raga won the last 8 games.

Raga is world number 6 player even though it appears he has not left Asia.

Shame US Open is full with Raga and Wu not signed up.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if Raga is qualified for the US Opens, it seems he cannot get a US visa anyway. I hope he makes it to the US soon. No more Japanese players left so they have no choice but to live stream the remaining players. LOL, I looked at all the matches they streamed and all of them featured a Japanese.

Raga seems to have the number of Wu. I believe he has also defeated Wu Jia Qing in their last tournament too along with Thorsten Hohmann. Let us see if he can defeat another Wu - Wu Kun Lin.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have not watched every match, but it seems that the racking template is never removed from the table, almost as if it's glued down. Has there been any mention of this?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hmmm...in the round of 16...we had two Changs playing each other....
...not surprisingly, Chang won...brackets don’t say whether it’s YL or JL

Could’ve had the same situation with Wu vs Wu...but Raga didn’t think it was a good idea,

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hmmm...in the round of 16...we had two Changs playing each other....
...not surprisingly, Chang won...brackets don’t say whether it’s YL or JL

Could’ve had the same situation with Wu vs Wu...but Raga didn’t think it was a good idea,

In the bracket, if you click on Chang in his pairing with Li-Wen, it indicates that it is Chang Yu-Lung.

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not watched every match, but it seems that the racking template is never removed from the table, almost as if it's glued down. Has there been any mention of this?
They've done that at this event in past years as well. Seems pretty weird to me.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

They've done that at this event in past years as well. Seems pretty weird to me.

I knew about the embedding...I watch very carefully when a ball crosses the template...
...I haven’t seen a ball roll funny yet.....has anybody else?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sharik plays well. He graduated out of Mark Wilson's program at Lindenwood University.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Raphael won his first match 9-8 over Toshiyuki Haraguchi. He plays Sharik Sayed next.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Sharik plays well. He graduated out of Mark Wilson's program at Lindenwood University.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

You should watch a lot of the matches.
SPF has taken over.
They are so freaking disciplined now.
And some are wondering why they shoot so much better.
Some think it's some aiming magic. Hah!:grin-square:
They freaking freeze on that base of the ball a long time before even practice stroking.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
You should watch a lot of the matches.
SPF has taken over.
They are so freaking disciplined now.
And some are wondering why they shoot so much better.
Some think it's some aiming magic. Hah!:grin-square:
They freaking freeze on that base of the ball a long time before even practice stroking.

Joey,

What does "SPF" stand for and what do you mean by "freezeon the base of the ball"

adam<-----wonders what the whippersnappers know that us old fogeys don't

THANKS!!

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko pin yi vs Michael feliciano now

Ko Pin became one of my new favorite players after watching this match. I mean Ko had Michael straight SHOOK. 9-0 Clinic in break and run 10 ball. It was one of the first times I have seen the Pinoy loose stroke not work. Ko played a much more composed style.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko Pin became one of my new favorite players after watching this match. I mean Ko had Michael straight SHOOK. 9-0 Clinic in break and run 10 ball. It was one of the first times I have seen the Pinoy loose stroke not work. Ko played a much more composed style.

Michael's timing really seemed off in that match.
He just couldn't get settled.
He hit a couple balls in one of the middle games
with a nice solid stroke, but that was about it.
I dont know if it was pressure or what?
That loosey goosey stroke has some flaws that can
jump out at the worst times.

Not everyone can be busti or bata thats for sure.

Ko's solid fundamentals and international seasoning
will keep him at or near the top for as long as he has
the fire to do it.

Neils has always reminded me of that.
Solid mentally, solid physically.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Big Ko has always been one of my favorites. His two little brothers are not doing too bad themselves.

Ko plays a "simple" game...not too flashy...and has excellent PSR and fundamentals. Also, he doesn't ever seem to get "shook" too bad if he is down.

He carved Michael up like a tuna for sashimi in this match.

And, if you can believe it, he is using a regular cue with a regular shaft with a diameter that most people would now frown upon.

Goes to show you that all the new stuff is mostly marketing and hype.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quarterfinals

Link to live scores:

https://billi-walker.jp/en/jpba/alljapan/2019/livescores

I thought when the last Japanese player was eliminated from the men's competition that they were going to live stream non Japanese players next. LOL, I was wrong, they decided to live stream the women's quarterfinals instead with the last remaining Japenese woman vs Han Yu.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Quarterfinals

Link to live scores:

https://billi-walker.jp/en/jpba/alljapan/2019/livescores

I thought when the last Japanese player was eliminated from the men's competition that they were going to live stream non Japanese players next. LOL, I was wrong, they decided to live stream the women's quarterfinals instead with the last remaining Japenese woman vs Han Yu.

Han Yu is taking care of business, so hopefully we'll get some good matches after this.