8-ball with drop pockets. Is this legal?

Suppose you have 2 or 3 balls on the table, and I am on the 8 ball.

I am shooting, and you have me hooked real bad. You're going to get ball in hand.

I decide to gather all the balls in the pockets, and put them all into one pocket. I then smash the cueball straight at the pocket, and I knock one of your balls back on the table. You have ball in hand.

What would your reaction be?
 
Suppose you have 2 or 3 balls on the table, and I am on the 8 ball.

I am shooting, and you have me hooked real bad. You're going to get ball in hand.

I decide to gather all the balls in the pockets, and put them all into one pocket. I then smash the cueball straight at the pocket, and I knock one of your balls back on the table. You have ball in hand.

What would your reaction be?



FOR THE MONEY? If someone did that then they must be looking to get beat the hell up, shot etc........it may not be fatal but the outcome wouldn't be beneficial or good for the shooter IMOP in many places against many people.

WHY? ITS STRAIGHT UP SPIT IN YOUR FACE ATTEMPT @CHEATING
 
Assuming I understand this correctly, I'm not even sure what the point of that would be. The ball that came back up on the table is put back down and I would then get ball in hand. On top of that, if that ball happened to hit any other balls then I would get a choice to leave them as is or replace them to their original positions.

If you are resigned to the fact you will be giving up BIH it seems to me you would be better off using your inning to tie up a couple of your opponents balls.
 
Suppose you have 2 or 3 balls on the table, and I am on the 8 ball.

I am shooting, and you have me hooked real bad. You're going to get ball in hand.

I decide to gather all the balls in the pockets, and put them all into one pocket. I then smash the cueball straight at the pocket, and I knock one of your balls back on the table. You have ball in hand.

What would your reaction be?


This situation would be very unlikely to happen.

In what situation would it benefit you to knock my ball on the table and give me ball in hand? If i have more balls on the table i have more choices to run out on you especially with ball in hand.

Plus if i do manage to hook you to the point where you even think this is a possibility i would already have a bunch of balls on the table and i doubt you'd have any if you were so badly hooked. One more ball isn't going to matter, if you're in that much trouble you would try to tie up my balls not put another one on the table.

But if someone did this to me i would definitely laugh it off while i ran them out with ball in hand lol
 
My reaction would be to break my cue down and quit playing the db.
What's the point of playing anyone who even considers such "moves"?
 
i'll do anything within the rulebook to win

The rule book doesn't cover stupidity!

Usually you get one unsportsmanlike conduct strike against you. Second, you're out.
If you did that in a tourney I was was reffing, you'd be out on the first one.
 
Last edited:
The rule book doesn't cover stupidity!

Usually you get one unsportsmanlike conduct strike against you. Second, you're out.
If you did that in a tourney I was was reffing, you'd be out on the first one.

You have to admit it would make for a memorable tournament if that happened.
 
I believe that would be a loss of game. If the cue ball goes into the pocket and comes back out because of hitting a ball that is already in the pocket the cue ball stays down, thus it's a loss, scratching on the eight. (except BCA rules)

Never mind, this is stupid. Why did I reply?
 
i'll do anything within the rulebook to win

Either way it is a bad strategy because it does nothing for you, and gives your opponent a greater advantage. Have you ever herd the term by Jimmy Reid "One Ball in Hell". Unless you dogged the 8-Ball you should never have been hooked by your opponent while on your last (8) ball. If you are in that position you need to make it harder for him to run out, not make it easier by giving him another ball as an option in his pattern.
 
FOR THE MONEY? If someone did that then they must be looking to get beat the hell up, shot etc........it may not be fatal but the outcome wouldn't be beneficial or good for the shooter IMOP in many places against many people.

WHY? ITS STRAIGHT UP SPIT IN YOUR FACE ATTEMPT @CHEATING

This^ You gotta be kidding!
 
I don't know how these guys come up with this stuff, seems like they are wasting time that could be better spent trying to invent new games.
 
Back
Top