9 Footers aint sh*t!!!

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
$14 an hour!!!!!

Holy crap no wonder rooms are going out of business. I keep hearing of prices in this ridiculous range. I pay anywhere between $1.75 and hour to $4.50 an hour with one place I play as long as I want for $8 which usually works out to a dollar or less an hour.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
I've been playing on my 8' table for quite a while (played on many 9's before), and been scared to see how I would do on a 9'. I f-ing loved it!!!! the pockets were huge and there is sooo much room. The only down side was I found that I had to stretch alot more. I can't wait to go there tomorrow with my cue. Now I just need someone to pay for my table time.:cool:(14 dollars an hour:eek: are you fu*king kidding me)

Hey, you're in Boston. Where have you been playing?

You might want to try Country Club up in Chelmsford. There used to be strong action there, probably still is. Weekend rates are cheap, I think.

http://www.countryclubusa.com/

jensen_lover

Pro Playa'
Silver Member
14$- damn. For 6$ I can play from 8am to 5pm or 1 to 8. Is that the only 9 foot table within 50 miles or something?

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My local establishment goes for $3.00 for 11:00 AM through 4:00 PM {or $0.60/hr Mon through Thurs--its a happy hour kind of deal.} Normally the tables are $3.00/hr.

Jesse

Registered
$1/hr weekends 12-7pm at Crown Billiards here in San Ramon CA. Beat that!

Where I was playing in Florida it was free pool every day until 8 if you bought a drink or food, soda included. They also have a free "buffet" from 4-6 every day. It's really just one item, but it's free nonetheless.

After 8 the rate is $8/hour.

It's in Cape Coral, called Hustlers. Lots of 8-footers, a couple of 9-footers. Pretty well kept for the most part, and it seems they're making more improvements.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14 dollar an hour pool is the reason I bought a 9' table for the house.

My table paid for itself long ago and now the table time is always zilch. :cool:

Leadcask

King of the Curbstop
Cheapest I've heard of....

Local Pool Hall open 7 days a week, Noon - 2am.

Noon - 6pm ($6.00) per player... No Hourly charges

After 6pm ($7.00)

Use to be $3.50 an hr. So I stopped going. Apparently so did alot of other people.

Must be the best deal anywhere now though.

Classic billiards, Rochester, NY

mrgoochio

pool hall junkey
Silver Member
I pay $12/hr or $15hr if i dont play for at least 2 hours.. and as others have said, table size and pocket size/pocket angles, etc. are not directly related. Small table, big pockets.. big table, small pockets.. small table, small pockets.. big table, small pockets..

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clicks in Houston has 4 dollar pool before 4 PM. That is, you pay 4 dollars to play from 11 AM when they open to 4 PM for 4 bucks flat, Monday thru Friday. Basically, it's 5 hours of table time for 4 dollars.

I can't beat that standard rate.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Around here, there's a day rate of $3/$5 until 7pm. After that, it's somewhere around $10/hr. Most places here have a day rate and then an hourly night rate kicks in anywhere from 6-8pm.