9ball ...decision time

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shoot or duck?

URL=http://www.billiardsthegame.com/onepocket/?pos=20|490,85|42,422|404,80|490,53|414,67|24,114|222,139|261,165|304,200|490,220|490,240|490,260|490,280|490,300|490,159|213,340|490,360|490]
k0yLnMP.png
[/URL]

[

I shot.

Made the 2 and 6. :D

5 stayed in place. :D

Got good on 3 (cb replaced 6 on rail):D

Thot I it it good.:groucho::groucho:

But gave up BIH/LD ruled bad hit(6 first).:confused::eek:

...it all happened quickly...Hit shot with some pace to carom cb...needed slo-mo replay:sorry:

Would you guys have played safe? How/where?

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I shot.

How?

If the 2 passes the 6 into the corner is not to hard to shoot and duck at the same time in case the ball hangs. If it does drop you have a shot on the three. Can still duck the same way if it doesnt pass leaving it near the hole and the cueball on the opposite side of the 3 ball pack. Just need good speed control to leave the CB as close to the rail as possible if shooting the 2 with right. Shoot it with inside and come under the 3 ball pack.

Last edited:

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
It looks like the 2 does not pass, so duck.

Hit the 2 from behind trying to stop the cueball and the 2 1 or 2 rails behind the 7,8,9.

gr. Dave

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm ducking....
Hit the 2-ball softly on the left side...about half ball...
...whitey hits the short rail near the jaw...
...rolls up behind the 6-ball.

The kicks are blocked...unless you're Venom.

Give your opponent the phone # to Suicide Hotline

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the shot you played. Its the type of shot you have to go for, just to see if it was on:)

There is a video somewhere on youtube I think of Hopkins playing your shot, against I believe Salvas.

Its hard to tell without being at the table, but my first choice for safety play would be to lightly hit the 2 and put the CB behind the 6. If that shot is on, all the kicking lanes to the 2 would be blocked.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm aggressive so I would have probably tried the same thing although I know I shouldn't.

Unless the 6 was a little higher how would you hit the 6 first and still make the 2? Am I not seeing something right?

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since there's already a few Daves here, I figured I would join in.

I'd kick behind the two with high English and leave the two behind the pack.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I would have to be at the table to make a proper assessment of the situation. For me, if I was considering on playing the six I would have to be pretty be confident of having a decent shot on the two ball after making the six.

It appears that you needed a fair amount of left spin to get to the six ball, meaning that with that amount of speed you might lose control of the two ball.

Was it an official referee that made the call? Or just someone that was called over to make the call? If the shot was that close then the shooter gets the consideration.

If I were to play a safe here I would first consider softly hitting the two ball on the left side so that the six sits between both balls. If that was to touchy because of the possible scratch then I think I would kick the two ball to get it behind the 7,8, and 9 balls.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shoot or duck?

I shot.

5 stayed in place. :D

Got good on 3 (cb replaced 6 on rail):D

Thot I it it good.:groucho::groucho:

But gave up BIH/LD ruled bad hit(6 first).:confused::eek:

...it all happened quickly...Hit shot with some pace to carom cb...needed slo-mo replay:sorry:

Would you guys have played safe? How/where?

Bet you can't make that shot 3 times in a row. Therefore play safe. Hide the CB behind the 6.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Time for a ticky

Simple ticky on the 6 off the rail/2 in the top corner. The 2 funnels the cue perfectly into the 6. The key is not over-hitting it and leaving the 2 for the bottom corner. You should make that shot more than 50% of the time based on where the balls are on the diagram. The rest should be tap ins with the only leave needing accuracy being from the 5 to the 7.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Since there's already a few Daves here, I figured I would join in.

I'd kick behind the two with high English and leave the two behind the pack.

I should get a new username, lol. I'm the new guy.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he kicked the 2 lol. He is 3RAILKICK...

Aha. Makes sense since he said he got shape on the 3. Couldn't have been playing a very good opponent taking chances like that. I play a lot of guys that keep you in your chair when you miss.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
It looks like the 2 does not pass, so duck.

Hit the 2 from behind trying to stop the cueball and the 2 1 or 2 rails behind the 7,8,9.

gr. Dave

This...... I also think its impossible to hit the six first going behind, at least the way it's layed-out.

ktrepal85

Banned
There is a good safe here. If someone can explain how to draw on this picture I'll diagram the shot. Otherwise I'll try to explain it:

Shoot at the 2 ball to cut it ever so slightly to the right, almost a full hit. Use a lot of draw but don't hit it all that hard. The two ball will carom off the 6 and head up table. The cue ball will draw back under the cluster of three balls and your opponent will be hooked.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple ticky on the 6 off the rail/2 in the top corner. The 2 funnels the cue perfectly into the 6. The key is not over-hitting it and leaving the 2 for the bottom corner. You should make that shot more than 50% of the time based on where the balls are on the diagram. The rest should be tap ins with the only leave needing accuracy being from the 5 to the 7.

Tap tap tap.

If im going offense, Im playing the ticky on the 6. The safe I see is shooting the 2 almost full in the face (cut it to the right just a hair) with draw. 2 ball caroms off the 6 and banks down table, the cb goes behind the stack.

ktrepal85

Banned
Tap tap tap.

If im going offense, Im playing the ticky on the 6. The safe I see is shooting the 2 almost full in the face (cut it to the right just a hair) with draw. 2 ball caroms off the 6 and banks down table, the cb goes behind the stack.

Check out my post above. Identical safe, almost identical wording too lol

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
If you can avoid the double kiss from the 2 hitting the 6 (which you may not be able to) I'm cutting the 2 thinly into the 6 with inside to try and end up in the 7,8,9 cluster.