a break for christmas

marcone

old style cues
Silver Member
hi all,

i know....the wonted post.:sorry:
I am looking for a break cue. price isn't too much of an issue but what cue would you recommend.

thanks

marcone

old style cues
Silver Member
Yes, I tried one and I really like.
I also tried a BK2,it has great control of cueball but lacks power in my opinion.
What do you think?

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sounds odd to me to say that the BK2 lacks power. I have tried MANY different break cues. I am currently using the BK2 because I feel it offers the best of all the qualities I want. It is very comfortable, balanced very well for breaking (rear balance), and hits VERY solid. I love this break cue.

That being said, I want an Andy Gilbert J/B. This is because I just got a new playing cue from him and think it is the best cue I have ever hit with. It is so solid its scary. I have broken a couple of racks with it and think it hits better than the BK2!! (of course, I wasn't really laying into it, but you can still tell.)

So without a doubt, the Gilbert J/B is at the top of my list!

KMRUNOUT

Debbie R

A New Stance Technique
Silver Member
Yes, I tried one and I really like.
I also tried a BK2,it has great control of cueball but lacks power in my opinion.
What do you think?
I received a Predator BK2 last year for Chanuka. It is awesome and I love it. I think the control is fine and it really smashes them up. Plus, I love the feel. I love my Predator BK2. :) Sigh. Now I want to go break some balls up!

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Check out MarkBear's cues with the purpleheart break shaft. I have one and love it.

Also try the Mace line of jump break cues made by Rick Howard. I have one of these also and I also love it.

marcone

old style cues
Silver Member
bk2,sledgehammer,gilbert, rick howard.....

wow, it's really hard to pick a break!
try to be more precise: I'd like to have a break that combines the control of the BK2 with the power of a sledgehammer (the only break I've tried).
any suggestions?

many thanks guys!

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Break Cue has a larger diameter shaft, plus a Break Cue designed taper, giving the laminated shaft a tremendous SPINE, for column strength. The Tiger Products tip caps it off, to be a great Cue control & power.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Break cue

bk2,sledgehammer,gilbert, rick howard.....

wow, it's really hard to pick a break!
try to be more precise: I'd like to have a break that combines the control of the BK2 with the power of a sledgehammer (the only break I've tried).
any suggestions?

many thanks guys!

Yes, we all would want one of those; however, since the break relies heavily upon technique used for breaking, you get varied results. Personally, I have tried a BK, but not a BK2, and I was not impressed with the BK. For the money, I don't think you can get a better Break cue than the J&J. At best, a break cue will only improve your break about 15%, but the real question is, will you consistently make a ball in that 15% improved break?

And to answer that question, I was willing to spend $60-65 for a J&J, but not willing to spend $400 for another break cue, only to find out I had made a $400 mistake. I still have the J&J, and I have 2 shafts for it, and have been satisfied with it. And I personally feel that its real value is 4 times what I paid for it, and I love bargains.

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
Well I like my BK2 even after two shafts :grin: , my first break cue was a Scorpion which sucks in my mind but when I switched cues I was happy I did , I've got more control on the cue ball now .