A couple of questions about Border Billiards

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Why is there a graphic of a Russian Pyramid ball on the front of their website if they have no Russian Pyramid products?
(I think ive looked throughly and couldn't find anything, I however, could just be missing it)

2. Why do they have a couple of mid level production cues as "custom," I mean I could even see putting McDermotts real high end 1k plus cues on there, but they ones that they have up under that link....come on.

For being a billiard specialty website, they don't really seem to have top quality products. I mean I looked at the billiard balls, and while they do have top notch Aramith products, no brunswick centennials? It just seems they Sport Chalet or Big 5'd it. Go generic and deal in high volume while sacrificing high end quality.

PS Yes I understand they have their own section, but I want this for everyone to see, because somehow I doubt that section gets too much traffic (reason: see above)

Jerry Forsyth

Border Billiards

Border Billiards serves a part of the marketplace that apparently does not include your tastes. Not everyones budget or game requires the highest-priced products and they do quite well serving that market.

You know, maintaining and growing AZBilliards would be an easier task if those who enjoy our services would support our advertisers and understand the critical role that they play in our survival. It is they who pay for all this bandwidth, the cameras we use to produce AZBtv, the web designers, the graphics people, the video editors, etc. This is a free site for all of our viewers and we want to keep it that way. It is the advertisers who make this possible.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
They may not cater to your needs, but they will suit the needs of 85% of the billiard playing public - a public that does not have the in depth knowledge of quality that you do.

This does not mean that they are selling junk, it is just that they cater to a different market than you belong to. From what I have seen, they do their best to support Azbilliards, and this forum community. I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience with them, and I would recommend them to everybody. FWIW, they are not Muellers, but their customer service is on the same level (TOP NOTCH) so I believe their business will only prosper and grow bigger as a result of that.

Don't be so hard on them. They are doing a lot more on this website than you may be aware of. It's hard to keep GOOD, POSITIVE, people actively participating in promoting and advertising within our industry. We should give the GOOD, POSITIVE, people the appreciation and the respect that they deserve for all that they do.

Coming down on them like that isn't necessary when you look at the fact that they are not only investing in their own business, they are investing in pool, this website, this forum, and other ventures associated with this forum - because they want to see it ALL succeed and grow. There is nothing wrong with that, in fact, I think it's admirable, and they have my full support.

curt_bb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, I can't believe I missed this post on the Main Forum. Must have jumped down to the bottom pretty quickly.

A huge thanks to Blackjack and Jerry for showing their support for us. You guys really hit the nail on the head concerning why we're here, as well as our admiration for their entire pool playing comminity. Border Billiards is a site that is happy to serve all fans of the game, whether it be the recreational player or someone who's been burning through tournaments for years on end. We try to offer a wide range of products that can best appeal to the entire demographic.

To address RunoutalloverU, please don't hesitate to PM me, or simply post in our section with your suggestions for our site. We're always looking around for new ways to update our product line. If we know a product will be of interest to a variety of customers, we'll look into it, no questions asked.

To keep this interesting, what does everyone else feel about RunoutalloverU's item suggestions? As a community, are these products (such as Russian Pyramid or the Brunswick balls) crucial to what you'd expect to find on a professional billiards retail site?

Keep me posted!

Last edited:

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
curt_bb said:
To keep this interesting, what does everyone else feel about RunoutalloverU's item suggestions? As a community, are these products (such as Russian Pyramind or the Brunswick balls) crucial to what you'd expect to find on a professional billiards retail site?

Keep me posted!

Not necessarily the Russian Pyramid balls, but the Centennials, yes, of course.

I bought a used set of Centennials to keep in the trunk of my car in case where I may play only has those cheapie balls. I paid $40 used for them at a Chicago pool hall.

Centennials are my favorite balls. Super Pro Aramiths are alright, but I prefer Centennials. They just look better. IMHO, you should offer them.

Flex

Edit: A brand new set of Centennials can be bought on eBay from one of your competitors for about $210 including delivery. Realizing you don't have Centennials at your website might predispose some players (not only me) to go to a website or eBay for the stuff I want. You might just find that if you carry the Centennials you'll get other sales too.

Last edited:

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Jerry Forsyth said:
Border Billiards serves a part of the marketplace that apparently does not include your tastes. Not everyones budget or game requires the highest-priced products and they do quite well serving that market.

You know, maintaining and growing AZBilliards would be an easier task if those who enjoy our services would support our advertisers and understand the critical role that they play in our survival. It is they who pay for all this bandwidth, the cameras we use to produce AZBtv, the web designers, the graphics people, the video editors, etc. This is a free site for all of our viewers and we want to keep it that way. It is the advertisers who make this possible.
I agree with Jerry 100%. As some of you know I do a little promoting here in the Phoenix area and it is not easy to find people who are willing to put their hand in their pocket for our sport. I have no idea what the details are of the sponsorship agreement between AZB and Border but even it it's $50.00 per month they are supporting AZB and therefore the industry. I tip my hat to anyone who is putting $$ into the promotion of Pool and Billiards.

Dartman

Silver Member
curt_bb said:
To keep this interesting, what does everyone else feel about RunoutalloverU's item suggestions? As a community, are these products (such as Russian Pyramid or the Brunswick balls) crucial to what you'd expect to find on a professional billiards retail site?
Keep me posted!

I would expect to find Russ. Pyramid balls on at least one of the top 10 internet billiard supply sites but I did not - so there's a niche for you that nobody else addresses. On Centennials there are many suppliers and all one need do is google it (or go to fleabay). IMO neither is "crucial" but Centennials are somewhat popular so that would be a business decision on your part to stock them.

A pro site should carry quality products in a range of price points but you can't carry "every" conceivable billiard item - not even Mueller does this.

BTW - we're in April - you might want to change your tag line.

Last edited:

Dartman

Silver Member
Flex said:
Edit: A brand new set of Centennials can be bought on eBay from one of your competitors for about $210 including delivery.

$189 at Billiard Warehouse plus shipping - figure about $205 total.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Question

So what DOES a set of Russian pyramid balls go for these days? Who makes them?
Just wondering...

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
"I'm making that happen as we speak. - We don't screw around here at...."

Now, THAT IS customer service! And I kid you not!

Here's a rep for you!

:)

curt_bb said:
Once again, we're glad to be of service to the community.

As for the Centennials...I'm making that happen as we speak.

We don't screw around here at Border Billiards :)

curt_bb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, AnitoKid!

Just wanted to let everyone know that, yes, the Centennial Balls are indeed on there way.

Oh, and although I don't want to reveal too much, I'm thinking there's a damn good chance that the AZ Forum might see that particular product on the BB Forum Specials this month...

Last edited: