A first! Banned at high noon :-)

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Scaramouche said:
I had posted a link to the youtube poster's list the day before in another thread that asked where video could be found.
I appreciate the links you posted. I'm sure when you did it you expected all of this controversy, didn't you?:rolleyes:

MarknTorrance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grape jelly, Oh i mean John,

You played the match against jimbo, you lost. You tried in a desperate and pathetic way to not pay up. Every since then you have had a hard on for Jimbo and follow him everywhere. Get over it. Move on. Get a life.

MarknTorrance

BrooklynJay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MarknTorrance said:
Grape jelly, Oh i mean John,

You played the match against jimbo, you lost. You tried in a desperate and pathetic way to not pay up. Every since then you have had a hard on for Jimbo and follow him everywhere. Get over it. Move on. Get a life.

MarknTorrance

yep. that about sums it up. :rolleyes:

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
I just thought of something that seems to be very similar. A couple of months ago I saw some info on a female player named Shanelle Loraine and being the borderline perv that I am I made a post about it on IP since the pic and the info came from IP's mainpage. I had a few replies on that site and, low and behold, a post emerges on this site with very similar content.

This is practically the same situation but since the info went from there to here I didn't hear anyone crying foul. That seems kind of hypocritical to me. I personally couldn't give a sh*t because I really don't see the reason for the uproar. Just wanted to make sure you knew that it happens over here as well. I realize this could be a coincidence but probably not.

I just checked the post times to show the time difference to illustrate my point but that was pointless as JR's site had the clock wrong for the forum for a long time. I do however remember when the original post was made here as I frequent both sites at work.

Actually, I never go to Inside Pool forum unless directed to by a link or a friend. I believe Casual Observer posted it in NPR and I moved it to the Main Forum. I credited CO and the link to IP. I also found the Shanelle Loraine picture on Charlie Williams' Dragon Promotions email that was sent to me.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=59705

The original post that preceded mine by several minutes.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=59700

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Well I just read all the posts over at IP and it's obvious John you went over there looking for trouble...and found it. Poor me I rode over to the other village...pee'd on City Hall and they ran me out of town.

Come on now. If you got to go over there get your self banned leave it there. What exactly do the members of this forum care? Our village is bigger than yours...nan nannna boo boo. Then you bob and weave a mock argument about copyright and pseudoo intellectual property based on poor law assumptions.

They posted a bunch of links to a free and public forum. Neither party has any claim to it. Nevertheless you didn't care. You simply wanted to engage. The man claims you wagered and lost. He further claims you didn't make good on your obligation.

Many a member was sorry to see Jimbo gone. In the end it was his choice. His actions put into motion a inevitable end. Anything else is simply not honest. Your actions ended in a comparable finish.

Nick

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Dave: it's not enough to say scar did the work to make a post. As everyone in this thread knows, it's easy to 'make a post'. The question is 'did he do enough additional work to create that post...that he deserves to get a special mention?'

My feeling is no, he just copy/pasted a bunch of links, just as his own post was copy/pasted by someone else. Bclub did the work.

We're off topic a little anyway, I think the point of this thread was to say 'look at these guys and how they unfairly ban people'. But we don't have enough info to decide whether that's true or not. To know whether the ban is unfair, we really have to see what john barton said just before he got nuked. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to jump up and say something so nasty and rude that someone needs to ban him, but maybe he lost it and really had it coming this time. We won't know without their side of the story.

On the other subject of crossposting links in general... I'm a big fan of just spreading knowledge and resources as much as possible. I think worrying about credit means people have the wrong priorities. We should WANT great content to spread across different sites, and they should want to do the same to us, and the overall pool website scene improves.

John Barton

Ktown D said:
Apples and oranges. In your example the OP has a compiled a procedure of operation and composed it entirely of his own experiences and practices. The OP owns the content theoretically.

In the situation with the post on this board with the links, the OP only made reference to another person's property that was made available of their own free will. I do not see it as the same thing.

Just another way to look at it. Continue on with your high wire act.

I can see that you don't see it as the same thing. And I don't think I need to explain any further that it is.

I happen to think it's wrong to take both apples and oranges without permission or at least credit to the source.

John Barton

Nick B said:
Well I just read all the posts over at IP and it's obvious John you went over there looking for trouble...and found it. Poor me I rode over to the other village...pee'd on City Hall and they ran me out of town.

That's one way of looking at it. Except that this was supposed to be the place where didn't get banned for peeing on City Hall. It was the cornerstone of the foundation.

Come on now. If you got to go over there get your self banned leave it there. What exactly do the members of this forum care? Our village is bigger than yours...nan nannna boo boo. Then you bob and weave a mock argument about copyright and pseudoo intellectual property based on poor law assumptions.

I don't know if the members of AZ care or not. I posted my experience and the relevant link. The ones who care have said so and the ones who don't have also said so. For the enlightenment and education of us all why don't you clarify the legal questions for us. What is the status of a forum post under the law?

They posted a bunch of links to a free and public forum. Neither party has any claim to it. Nevertheless you didn't care. You simply wanted to engage.

Oh, this is your proof, "neither party has any claim to it". So it's okay to take a "bunch of links" from anywhere they happen to be and post them wherever I want to because no one has any claim to them. I see. At the risk of getting another apples/oranges fruit salad thrown in my face I just want to ask if the telephone book and it's collection of links is protected content or not?

The man claims you wagered and lost. He further claims you didn't make good on your obligation.

Yes, a red herring intended to divert attention from the subject as are most off-topics insults including the inclusion of this comment by you.

Many a member was sorry to see Jimbo gone. In the end it was his choice. His actions put into motion a inevitable end. Anything else is simply not honest. Your actions ended in a comparable finish.

It wasn't my choice to be banned. Tom chose to do it. For what reason exactly? I don't know, he doesn't give credit to the source of information he steals as a token courtesy to the place he lifted it from so why should I expect either a warning or a reason. Perhaps the reason was "too much gobbledygook" as he put it. I guess his brain hurt from the barrage of controversy stemming from his impolite affront.

Nick

And no Nick I didn't go there looking for trouble. I went there as I go to many boards looking for interesting information. But as I have patiently explained I took offense to the way the post was handled and in this case I posted a deliberately worded response to convey my displeasure. But the response was not personally insulting to either Tom or Jim. It merely gave credit as to WHERE the information came from. The response from them was predictable though and for that I take all the blame or credit.

I don't have time to go places looking to start fights. But you can be sure that I will always voice my opinion wherever I am inspired (and allowed) to do so.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
John Barton said:
And no Nick I didn't go there looking for trouble. I went there as I go to many boards looking for interesting information. But as I have patiently explained I took offense to the way the post was handled and in this case I posted a deliberately worded response to convey my displeasure. But the response was not personally insulting to either Tom or Jim. It merely gave credit as to WHERE the information came from. The response from them was predictable though and for that I take all the blame or credit.

I don't have time to go places looking to start fights. But you can be sure that I will always voice my opinion wherever I am inspired (and allowed) to do so.
John, not choosing any sides here, but you do seem to have lots of time to rehash it here. It seems to me as though it was merely a token ban, just the weekend. No big deal. They were merely making a statement that you could not go there and tell them how to run there show. You really have nothing to gain and lots to lose with this discourse. My best advice to you John is to let it rest. Don't bring the skeletons out of the closet.;)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nick B said:
...Many a member was sorry to see Jimbo gone. In the end it was his choice. His actions put into motion a inevitable end. Anything else is simply not honest. Your actions ended in a comparable finish.

My first experience in posting on the Internet was RSB NG. It was a hellish place for me to learn about forum culture, but I got a crash course in it very quickly. Today, I try to ignore the flames, but it is difficult to do so when a poster targets you personally, stalks you in threads, and what is worse is when they post lies in an effort to "flame," especially when the lies are about people that are close to you. This is what Internet bullies do, everything they can to cause you anger and hurt. I mean, should someone be praised for this type of behavior, targeting well-intentioned posters to bring entertainment for readers? I don't think this is entertainment, and if an Internet bully did it to you or your loved one, I am sure you would feel the exact same way as I do.

I, for one, believe that the pool world is that much the better to have mutliple discussion forums and NGs for pool folk to read. I like them all and think each one of them have something to offer, depending on your individual likes and dislikes.

Me personally, I tend to enjoy reading about the pool tournament coverage. Others may be interested in instructional columns or cue sticks. This forum here at AzBilliards has multiple subforms with a variety of pool-related topics to pique one's interests, as do the others.

I post on the Internet because I enjoy learning from others as well as sharing what little tidbits I have to offer. Some posters, however, seem to receive enjoyment when they bash well-intentioned posters with lies and often cruel, mean-spirited words. They get their kicks from doing this, and even though everyone says you're supposed to ignore them, that is sometimes not an option when it comes to Internet bullies.

I have had my boyfriend's pool game and personal life ripped apart by an Internet bully, and the only reason for doing so was to target me. To allow an Internet bully to spew mean-spirited words, oftentimes lies, to provide entertainment for the readers is something that I will never understand. I tend to participate in the pool-related forums that do not tolerate this type of forum behavior, I would like to think that the majority of readers feel the same as I do, but to each his/her own.

Thank goodness, there are many pool discussion forums and NGs for us all to enjoy. I visit them all when time allows and have benefited with the bits of knowledge I have gained. I would like to think that this is the whole purpose of the pool-related forums. The more the merrier, I say, and I'll keep coming back to the ones that I enjoy.

JAM