A Nit Or Not A Nit..

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair enough, and I apologize for my tone in the prior response. All the worst moves I've seen pulled were by 'pros'. Not sure if it's because I think we should be able to hold 'pros' higher in regard, or the simple fact that they are playing for what keeps them eating, so they have a no holds barred mind set. Anything to gain the edge.
Nothing wrong with that. But that's why we have rules. Makes it fair for everyone involved. But, they must be enforced equally across the board for everyone. Otherwise we just might as well be playing bar pool.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
yes whatever the rules are thats what you play by. not your interpretation.

in the question what if i call nine in the corner and miss and it banks up table in the corner. is that good. i called the corner. so yes you have to point or make it clear in some way or you could possibly get penalized.
those things should be gone over in the players meeting. if not call the ref. or t.d. and get an opinion from him and use him as the decider.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's very uncommon to have to call 9 ball. But, if that's the rules, then just do it. If you forget, then it's on you. Either play by the rules, or don't play in that tournament. And if you break the rules, either accidentally or on purpose, then you pay the price. It really is that simple. I don't expect any more out of my opponent than I expect for myself. If I break the rules, I expect to be punished for it. It's fair for all parties involved. Why is this so hard to comprehend?
On this particular issue that dumbbell Efren had been playing 9 Ball without having to call the 9 for 45 years and all of a sudden he is told to call it but being as dumb as he is, though somehow he is a great 1 pocket player-a brain game and a champion level chess player. Anyway being that dumb and on auto-pilot from playing 9 ball without calling it for approximately 65000 hours, he forgot to call it. Clearly he wishes he had your brains.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On this particular issue that dumbbell Efren had been playing 9 Ball without having to call the 9 for 45 years and all of a sudden he is told to call it but being as dumb as he is, though somehow he is a great 1 pocket player-a brain game and a champion level chess player. Anyway being that dumb and on auto-pilot from playing 9 ball without calling it for approximately 65000 hours, he forgot to call it. Clearly he wishes he had your brains.
Obviously you dont.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I was raised in a much kinder world. In snooker and pool, the ‘non-striker’, as snooker calls it, did all the fielding.
...he spots all balls that need spotting, he retrieves any balls knocked off the table.
so in this case of the template, the opponent would be removing the template.
....if I was at the meeting, I would‘ve brought it up.
and the opponent removing the template CAN’T make a foul.

I feel the same about marking or calling a pocket...these are NIT rules that only nits take advantage of.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What might be an interesting side note as to what "chicken-shit" is. There's video on YT of SVB horribly double hitting a CB so badly that it can be clearly heard in the audio. Of course his fans will cite tons of excuses as to why he didn't call it on himself. However in the end, he didn't and is as "chicken-shit" a move as anything else. At least Alcano played within the rules.

Maybe you could hear it "clearly," but Shane is hearing impaired...remember?

You are a chore.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure don't! That's the smartest thing you said yet.
I have never in my life played 9 ball where you had to call anything. If I played in a tournament where I'm supposed to, and then fail to, I get what I deserve. And being the quality guy he is, I bet Efren would tell you the same.

And I'm still waiting on you to say anything intelligent. And there certainly wasn't any demonstrated in your previous paragraph . You can go piss off.
I did nothing to expect an insult and I'm not taking one from a pinhead.

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Imagine if all the time some people spent combing through rulebooks looking for a technicality to help them win, would be spent working on their games or game strategy instead.....

I was in a tournament once where the dresscode rules were so strict that patterns or marks, even on black dress socks were not allowed...I had to go home to change trouseres because of some thing about the pockets on my black trousers were not up to the code. I know, the idiocy of such rules are beyond imagination. I considered dropping out after that, but I'd allready paid quite a bit for the entry. Anyway, a player was losing and noticed a tiny pattern on his opponents black socks, and won that way. I bet if he was winning he wouldn't have bothered saying anything.

Here's the thing about rules: They need to be kept simple and common sense, otherwise they tend to get abused and inadvertently violated. The biggest problems usually occur when just one or a couple of rules are suddenly changed from a long standing rule set, and the change is adding something rather than subtracting. Sadly, often the seemingly least important changes have the biggest impacts, because people forget them. Rule changes like these happens because the promoter has some sort of pet peeve, and not for the good of the game. And of course, the victims of these rules are often the most seasoned and best players, who play on autopilot. The winners are the people combing through the rulebooks.

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Maybe you could hear it "clearly," but Shane is hearing impaired...remember?

You are a chore.
Like I said... weak assed excuses. A cue needs to vibrate at a good magnitude to generate audible sound. SVB is hearing impaired. Not touch impaired.

Who's the chore.

Edited for content.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never in my life played 9 ball where you had to call anything. If I played in a tournament where I'm supposed to, and then fail to, I get what I deserve. And being the quality guy he is, I bet Efren would tell you the same.

And I'm still waiting on you to say anything intelligent. And there certainly wasn't any demonstrated in your previous paragraph . You can go piss off.
I did nothing to expect an insult and I'm not taking one from a pinhead.
Ahahahahahaha

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said... weak assed excuses. A cue needs to vibrate at a good magnitude to generate audible sound. SVB is hearing impaired. Not touch impaired.

Who's the chore.

Edited for content.
you'll have to post a link to the video...anyway your story is besides the point.

see post #165

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
you'll have to post a link to the video...anyway your story is besides the point.
At this point it is unfortunately just a story. I've wanted to post that video a couple of times so I spent a little time digging through YT for it. I know it was posted by the "Billiard Network". I know Imran did a voice over, (he also responded to a comment I made on the video). I know it has a section after the SVB double hit, where they break away from the match, replay the shot/foul. Despite all of that I cannot find it in their library.

Without having the proof of a link, I'll have to stop citing it.

However the story isn't beside the point. The comparison is a supposed 'nit move' by an amatuer within the rules, vs flat out cheating by a professional. One is being painted as a leper by some of the posters here, the other is thought of as the pinnacle of American Pool professionalism.

Post #165 has nothing to do with me.

The comments I made in the post you quoted were based on moves I have seen pros make within the rules. Like "fixing" the position of balls clearly in the favour, or similar. Not flat out cheating to gain an advantage. I wouldn't dress up cheating, by calling it a move.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At this point it is unfortunately just a story. I've wanted to post that video a couple of times so I spent a little time digging through YT for it. I know it was posted by the "Billiard Network". I know Imran did a voice over, (he also responded to a comment I made on the video). I know it has a section after the SVB double hit, where they break away from the match, replay the shot/foul. Despite all of that I cannot find it in their library.

Without having the proof of a link, I'll have to stop citing it.

However the story isn't beside the point. The comparison is a supposed 'nit move' by an amatuer within the rules, vs flat out cheating by a professional. One is being painted as a leper by some of the posters here, the other is thought of as the pinnacle of American Pool professionalism.

Post #165 has nothing to do with me.

The comments I made in the post you quoted were based on moves I have seen pros make within the rules. Like "fixing" the position of balls clearly in the favour, or similar. Not flat out cheating to gain an advantage. I wouldn't dress up cheating, by calling it a move.
bla bla bla....