a question for Freddy the Beard

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all the ones feeling picked on...

Merry Christmas to all. Tap tap tap to Freddy, Jay, and the many great posters on AZB.

td
'

Last edited:

streak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my two cents worth. Two years ago, Freddy helped me with my game for three days. ( Admittedly he had to scream at me a few times ) I went back home and won my state 9-ball tournament. So I not only like Freddy, but believe he absolutely knows what he's talking about. But, I didn't try to force him to divulge every secret he learned over a lifetime of loving the game of pool.
Why do people try to make a contest out of who knows the most? Perhaps they're ego challenged...

Clyde Ellis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my two cents worth. Two years ago, Freddy helped me with my game for three days. ( Admittedly he had to scream at me a few times ) I went back home and won my state 9-ball tournament. So I not only like Freddy, but believe he absolutely knows what he's talking about. But, I didn't try to force him to divulge every secret he learned over a lifetime of loving the game of pool.
Why do people try to make a contest out of who knows the most? Perhaps they're ego challenged...

Good question mate. I think different people learn in different ways. I happen to be one who learns best by hearing, seeing and doing, not by reading. That's why I believe in the Bank Shot Calculator app. www.bankshotcalculator.com

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:wink:
I'm going to give the science guys something to ponder on right now. I learned a shot from Buddy about 25 years ago, and I still have no idea how it works. But it does. He showed me two balls frozen together with a third ball frozen on the bottom of the second ball. This last ball was also frozen on the rail. These three balls were about a diamond away from the corner pocket. Now he shot straight on at the first ball and made the ball come backwards into the corner pocket! HELLO! What just happened? It was like he put draw on the object ball and not the cue ball. The weirdest thing I ever saw.

To this day I don't know what forces are at work here but I can set this shot up and make it, about one out of three tries. That's good enough for me. I'd be glad to show it to you if we run into each other. And if you're a science guy you can explain to me how it works. Damn if I know.

P.S. I also showed Buddy a shot that day that he didn't know. By now I've probably taught this shot to a hundred people. You put two balls on the spot and the object is to shoot the second ball directly into the corner pocket. I will bet even money on making the second ball all day long. This is another shot I will be glad to show you when we meet. For free!

Buddy didn't know how until I showed him. He did what most good players try to do, jump the cue ball into the second ball. It can be done but is very difficult. I know the easy way to make this ball straight in. Do you?

Reminds me of. "I can make the spot shot without the cueball touching the rail?

Edit: OH Crap, this thread is 3 years old!

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:wink:

Reminds me of. "I can make the spot shot without the cueball touching the rail?

Edit: OH Crap, this thread is 3 years old!

That's OK, it's more useful than some of the current threads. Here is the kiss-back shot from Buddy taken from Byrne's "Treasury of Trick Shots":

byrne 001.jpg

As for the second ball straight in, I'm suspecting that Jay didn't try this against large violent people strange to him. He seems to have all his body parts.