ABR 2nite: Coach vs Coach + Barry Behrman speaks

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member
Tonight we hear from Barry about the U.S. Open :eek:

We also hear from both sides about a wager between the Euro coach and USA coach :cool:

You don't want to miss this.

Listen tonight at 9pm CST
www.americanbilliardradio.com

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
That's right hear from the team captains from both USA and Europe and their opinions on pick advantages and plans for each team between now and the CUP!

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
No offense but I think I'll skip ahead to the Captains' segments. I had plenty of the Barry show during the Open. I'll be downloading and listening as always though.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
One thing that stuck out for me was something that Mark Wilson mentioned in the middle of a sentence....

" ...well everyone is member of Team USA..."

Yes we are. So no matter what happens, we should be the kind of fans that this sport needs and show our support for the team because (1) they are fellow Americans (2) they've paid their dues on the green baize (3) despite the odds, they will still try their hardest to win (4) you couldn't handle the pressure any better than any of them.

Maybe we won't win, maybe we will.
Do all the team members deserve to be treated with respect ?
Yes.

Go USA

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No offense but I think I'll skip ahead to the Captains' segments. I had plenty of the Barry show during the Open. I'll be downloading and listening as always though.

Unfortunately about 80% of Mark Cantrill's "interview" with Mark Wilson was Cantril talking and Wilson trying, usually unsuccessfully, to say something. His last interview with him was like that too. Very difficult to listen to without getting extremely frustrated.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have echo this as well...Mark talks over his guests a lot inserting his own views on the topic or question. Sorry Mark but we would like to hear more from the guests please.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BB still dreaming it seems. blaming the fewer seats for the bulk of the problem. He knew he was going to have those fewer seats so why mention it? Next year everything will be great (again) but i didnt hear where the needed REVENUE will come from ON time. Some vague mentions of 'Corporate' sponsorship but that is nothing more than another of his dreams at this time. Next year=same mess imo.

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately about 80% of Mark Cantrill's "interview" with Mark Wilson was Cantril talking and Wilson trying, usually unsuccessfully, to say something. His last interview with him was like that too. Very difficult to listen to without getting extremely frustrated.

Mark Cantrill ? Talk too much ? No way ! LOL

Its been known to happen from time to time. Myself included.
The thing is, and I'm not making excuses for or speaking on behalf of Mark, he's a big boy and can do that himself, some guests are a little shy and need to be prodded, and some, like Mr. Wilson, are very wary of saying the wrong thing or giving the wrong impression on a critical issue (especially when they are under the microscope as he is right now) so sometimes Mark will go out of his way to explain the context of a subject or question so that everyone is clear about what's being asked and why. Sometimes its needed, sometimes not. Either way, Mark Cantrill won't mind being accused of trying too hard. We'll just have to slip him a sedative before the next interview lol.

Got that Mark? Put a sock in it bro !

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1+1 = 2

So it was the number of seats. Barry you had someone draw up the diagram. Couldn't you count the number of seats. Let me help you: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Oh, that's right. You never gave a damn about the diagram. For two years I picked my VIP seats from the diagram and once I got there from 2,500 miles away my seats were no where near where the diagram said they would be. No wonder you can't count.

This man is a joke and has been so for the last ten years. Who cares what he says since it's unfailingly the same BS and almost certainly a lie. Why would anybody care about what Barry has to say?

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
BRussel, John and anyone else who feels like I talk too much and or over guests. Mr Bond pointed out a lot of the reasons that I am probably guilty of talking more than I should. However it probably isn't the whole reason and I will have to do my best to make some changes in that area. Sometimes I agree and I can hear myself doing it and others I don't realize I am doing it. So thank you for the input we all need to be told our faults otherwise we will never get better right? Again sorry to all and I will work on it.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheers Mark. I hadn't thought about the fact that coach Wilson may be reluctant to say much over concern about saying the right thing.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Cheers Mark. I hadn't thought about the fact that coach Wilson may be reluctant to say much over concern about saying the right thing.

You would be surprised how many people are a little shy and sometimes don't expand on answers and that leads to dead air and so I think I try to avoid that happening sometimes before it has happened and not given it a chance to happen if that makes any sense. Again something for me to work on.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would be surprised how many people are a little shy and sometimes don't expand on answers and that leads to dead air and so I think I try to avoid that happening sometimes before it has happened and not given it a chance to happen if that makes any sense. Again something for me to work on.

Great that you take feedback positively
You have the right voice for radio :)
Becoming a fan of the show. Keep asking the tough questions, guys. Well done to you and Mr 007
:grin:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark,

You are excellent on asking awkward follow up questions that some people might be too squeamish to ask.

Some interviewees (eg politicians) love long questions because they can seize on some small part of the question and ignore the real point of the question. Here is a tip: ask a very direct and short question, then quit talking. Be willing to accept a few seconds of dead air; they will get uncomfortable and start saying something to fill it.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I appreciate the positive feedback too so thanks for that and also the suggestions. Please know that I am not trying to hurt anyone on the show. I actually hope that I am giving them an opportunity to answer questions in their own words and or promote whatever project they are working on. That sometimes means I have to ask questions that others are asking and that can be uncomfortable especially if I am friends with the guest. Anyway, not sure who I will be talking with this week so I hope for a good show.