Adam Smith in Hospital ????

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
This is very sad. I wish him all the strength in the world in the coming months. Hes gonna need it. I hope he pulls through this ok. And my heart goes out to her family.

Makes you stop and appreciate life for second. No matter how bad things are right now at least we're still here.

doctorhvac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if anyone will step up and organize a fund for her i will gladly donate some funds. this is a horrible tragedy. Cant even believe this has happened.

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
OMG, this is horrible news. :( I am shocked and saddened! I pray Adam will be okay physically and mentally soon. I know it will take time - I feel for what he is going through. :(

I met her last year we ate lunch at Valley forge last year, she was a very sweet person and love and supported him In all he did in and around Pool I 'm so sorry god bless them both . Someone Please tell Adam i am so Sorry From ART
please thank you.. ,, .

allprobilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is so tragic. I bumped into her few times in hallways and she was pleasant. Adam is great guy too. Prayers for all of them

theblemishedone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am bumping this thread up because I am sick to my stomach after reading this. My thoughts and prayers go out to Adam and Nicole's families.

I hope to see Adam @ the SBE.

I am truly disgusted right now.

driz86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just spoke to Adam he is getting released today. He has a cast on.
Thank you Chris for your post, It was good to speak to you.
My thoughts and prayers are with Nikki's family. She was one of the nicest people God has blessed us with.
For those of you who didn't get the privilege of ever meeting her, She was a talented pool player. A wonderful Loving mother. A wise person.
A best friend.
R.I.P. Nikki )l( We love you..

thank god for that...just wanted to share a little memory of her. I remember my first time at plush pockets when I played that handicapped tourney and I drew you first (couldn't believe I had to spot you:eek:). anyway, she was in your corner and cheering you on the whole time and making sure I could hear it lol. I kept thinking to my self: "who is that sassy, pretty young lady?"

gabesmom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am so sorry to hear about this tragic event.

Although I don't personally know them, it's obvious many posters here do, and have shared some of their knowledge, stories, & lovely photos. Still the news was very upsetting to me, and I talked to Gabe about it today....(because he has been present in similar tragic situations over the years while traveling).

My deepest condolences go to Adam & Niccole's families and loved ones at this time of sorrow.

Kathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

He heals the broken hearted, binding up their wounds. (Psalms 147.3)

Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted. (Matthew 5:4)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

i4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My thoughts and prayers are with you Adam and Nicole's loved ones.
I am deeply saddened by this.

Adam is a great guy with a lot of class, a true professional. We met and talked in vegas, aug09.

So sorry Adam.

-Abe

For Nicole Ellerholz Land Funeral arrangements: Thursday, February 4th visitation @ Desmond Funeral Home, Troy MI. 2600 Crooks Road, south of Big Beaver Road. Visitation is from 2pm to 8pm (one day only).
Friday services at St. Thomas More, 10am, Adams Road, Troy
If anyone from Michigan would like to attend the funeral home.

We are taking donations for a few weeks. We are setting up a trust fund (savings bond) for Nicole's daughter (just turned 7 in January)
We will also host a pool tourney benefit for her daughter sometime soon. It will be at plush pockets in Warren, Michigan

I will post more about it later.

djpstacked03

Student of Billiards
Silver Member
My prayers go out to Adam and Nicoles family. I have only seen Adam play once and he is greatly respected on and off the pool table. Keep your chin up we are all rooting for you.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sad

i walked by adam and nicole on the escalator and waved goodbye the night they crashed.
life is precious and your never promised tommorow.
god be with you adam hang in there ,your peer and pal john .

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For Nicole Ellerholz Land Funeral arrangements: Thursday, February 4th visitation @ Desmond Funeral Home, Troy MI. 2600 Crooks Road, south of Big Beaver Road. Visitation is from 2pm to 8pm (one day only).

We are taking donations for a few weeks. We are setting up a trust fund (savings bond) for Nicole's daughter (just turned 7 in January)
We will also host a pool tourney benefit for her daughter sometime soon. It will be at plush pockets in Warren, Michigan

This is really great of you to do this. Adam has always been top notch in my books.

I will do my best to make the trip for the benefit tournament. Please make sure the info is available when you know.

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
Adams PayPal

Please let us know if Adam has Paypal. I know about 5 people that will send immediately.

miplayerstour

Quiet participant
Silver Member
let me know what i can do

I can advertise your event to everyone on the website and we have over 1200 names and addresses to advertise to.we can help promote the event when you're ready just let me know.

Tommyd1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't know Adan that well and I never met Nicki. I watched Adam at the Derby in 2006 and 9, I enjoyed his game.

I had the chance to talk with Adam at a tournament in Michigan ( Vinnie's 10 ball ), we sat and talked for about an hour and I couldn't believe what a nice guy he was, he was truly a gentleman.

After I heard this news and it was confirmed, I couldn't stop thinking about him and Nicki.

I can't imagine what he is going through right now loosing someone you love like that.

I know Nicki must have been a wonderful person and that they made a great couple together.

My heart goes out to him and to Nicki's family and daughter.

I hope in time Adam heals, I know it's going to be hard.

I will certainly keep him and Nicki and her daughter and family in my prayers.

Tommyd

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please let us know if Adam has Paypal. I know about 5 people that will send immediately.

With a broken ankle Adam isn't going to be able to work. No income, no car, and no medical insurance. I would think Adam is going to need help sooner rather than later.

Adam sells cues on his website and the payment for these cues go through paypal. His email address is adamgqsmith at hotmail dot com. Its probably a safe assumption that is the same email address he uses for paypal. http://www.adamgqsmith.com/

For those on here that haven't met Adam, just look at all the things those that have met him have to say. I've had the pleasure of meeting Adam and he has always been a very kind and respectful young man. He is a diamond in the rough as far as the pool world goes and my heart is heavy for him and his emotional, physical, and financial woes.

This is really great of you to do this. Adam has always been top notch in my books.

I will do my best to make the trip for the benefit tournament. Please make sure the info is available when you know.

That is really great of you. I know he is appreciative of the support he has. Thanks- I will pass this along to him.

Donations

Right now donations can be made to;
no1billiard@yahoo.com
via paypal. Please be specific if you would like your donations to go to Nicole's 7 year old daughter Olivia. Or if you wish your donations to go to Adam Smith for his car or living expenses, or medical insurance.
You can also put your name and phone number. If you wish to remain anonymous you can do so.
We are trying to put something (fund raiser) together for Saturday March 13th (tentative) If anyone would like to donate services or items or ideas that would be very helpful as well.
We will have the announcements in insideenglish magazine or online is insideenglish.com
Thank you everyone for your support- The family's are reading these posts. It is a great comfort to them.

Last edited: