after watching mosconi, I'm gona buy a cf shaft.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
It seems that most players who performed well, they play with a black shaft, the lower accu-stats ranks were wood shafts, maybe it is a coincidence but I must try out these cf shaft finally.

So for those of you who already tried, I am a guy who never tried cf, which one should I buy, just tell me the brand and ill snag it off Seybert's.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But big pocket, that's what all the Diamond boy's say about Gold Crowns. When in reality it's a Valley.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I've got a Revo 5/16 x 14 12.4 mm if you're interested. Stuck with wood shafts. Has less than an hour of play on it.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There were only two brands represented there so your choice is much more simple now. Current world 9-ball played with the Cynergy while ranked #1 Kaci ( as it was mentioned in a profile) played with Revo so as Albin. On the team that was beaten SVB and Billy played with a Cynergy so even it is only two brands to choose it seems to be not as simple to decide.
Look MVP played amazingly with a wood so...;)

Last edited:

Poolplr501

Poolplr501
Silver Member
Try the Becue, it is closest you will get to a wood like hit with CF, and it the most customizable CF on the market....
They will do any length, white base plate, black base plate, 12mm or 12.5 mm with joints that fits most cues...

It is made in Europe, and quality control is just like the cars built over there......

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try the Becue, it is closest you will get to a wood like hit with CF, and it the most customizable CF on the market....
They will do any length, white base plate, black base plate, 12mm or 12.5 mm with joints that fits most cues...

It is made in Europe, and quality control is just like the cars built over there......
I have one with three shafts. I believe the carbon shaft matched with the carbon butt makes it hit better than any carbon shaft matched to a wood butt.

Reactions: LWD

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
It seems that most players who performed well, they play with a black shaft, the lower accu-stats ranks were wood shafts, maybe it is a coincidence but I must try out these cf shaft finally.

So for those of you who already tried, I am a guy who never tried cf, which one should I buy, just tell me the brand and ill snag it off Seybert's.
I've tried the Revo (12.4mm), BeCue Prime M (30 and 31 inches & 12mm), the McDermott Defy, and the Pechauer Rogue (30 inches & 11.8mm).

I think a lot boils down to your personal preference as to whether you like a really firm hitting shaft or not. To me, the Revo was a bit too firm. The Defy feels totally dead and not very responsive at all. The BeCue Prime M has too much vibration in the longer 30 and 31 inch shafts. So to me, my current favorite is the Pechauer Rogue shaft at 30 inches.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

You mean always going to a high priced shop for expensive service? I know of which I speak...4 Porsches in my past. Loved driving every one of them...but..quality is a judgement call. The longest life with little care car ever had was a slant 6 cylinder Mopar. Isn't the Becue made in Italy? Ferrari (figure around a grand a month for service, according to a friend with a 488.) and Fiat (Fix It Again, Tony) come to mind..

Apples & oranges...comparing cars to cues.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member

Let's see, Shane had CF shaft and performed lousy...Jason Shaw, wood shaft, Josh Filler, wood shaft....Ummm...

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried the Revo (12.4mm), BeCue Prime M (30 and 31 inches & 12mm), the McDermott Defy, and the Pechauer Rogue (30 inches & 11.8mm).

I think a lot boils down to your personal preference as to whether you like a really firm hitting shaft or not. To me, the Revo was a bit too firm. The Defy feels totally dead and not very responsive at all. The BeCue Prime M has too much vibration in the longer 30 and 31 inch shafts. So to me, my current favorite is the Pechauer Rogue shaft at 30 inches.
I prefer the Mezz Ignite to the Pechauer Rogue, although they are quite similar.