Ahh the Kids/Matchroom

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Since there's not allot of ''Pool Rooms'' in the US with big tables, this Matchroom Move is Not what I had expected for the states. How about you?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Odd that they'd announce without entry criteria. So what... invitation? Play offs? EBay? There's gotta be hundreds of brats ready to tear it up.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since there's not allot of ''Pool Rooms'' in the US with big tables, this Matchroom Move is Not what I had expected for the states. How about you?
I've traveled across this great country and have never had a problem finding a 9 foot table to play on... In terms of a "move," I'm not sure how anyone can classify an add-on event paired with the U.S. Open, aimed at promoting youth pool, with zero entry fee, as a move...

Perhaps this was put together a bit loosely, but I'd expect Matchroom to tweak things next year after learning from this experience...

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this what they did with Snooker, have Jr. Events?

not matchroom afaik, but other promoters have junior events in the amateur scene. IBSF have the junior worlds, based in qatar. i think the best junior get a pro tour wildcard to go play with the big boys

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I wonder if the event is being run in conjunction with Ra Hanna's junior tour. I must admit I have no idea, but whatever the methodology and entry criteria are, the onset of this event will bring a bright day for junior pool.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I wonder if the event is being run in conjunction with Ra Hanna's junior tour. I must admit I have no idea, but whatever the methodology and entry criteria are, the onset of this event will bring a bright day for junior pool.
I do not believe so.

Mike

Reactions: sjm

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not in conjunction with Ra's Junior International Championship. In a way that would have been nice because Ra could have helped to create an invitational list based upon rankings. As it currently stands, there is going to be a mad rush to get signed up on Friday afternoon, first come, first served. A 64 or 128 person bracket would have helped, as Shane lobbied for. Nonetheless, I am not complaining; I am thrilled that Shane, Matchroom, and Cuetec are making an effort to promote junior pool in the US. It can only get bigger and better with their support.