ALFA LV RACKS

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here's hoangs break. even his opponent was like wtf:

here's another one with filler breaking:

leyman isn't known for being a bad racker, which makes me think the triangle is just poorly engineered. like they printed it in ABS but didn't calculate the shrinkage in the slicer.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Links were acting strangely for me and reverting to the beginning, try these if you have the same issue.

thanks. yes, and these were only the funkiest racks i happened to see, and i didn't even watch half of the matches.

i can imagine less good natured players than these two going on full tilt on outside tables. they have what, one day? to fix this matter before the world 10b.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played 10-ball as my main practice game since the 80’s, long before templates and beautiful equipment. I always racked for myself, obviously. And I broke from the side. Breaking from the center always had good spreads but nothing would ever go! So going to the side rail and hoping for the 1-ball in the side was the best. Once every few racks, I’d get racks like these. I certainly wasn’t intentionally slugging myself, but coming from the side, any small “balls are touching but not leaning” will give the slug rack.

If anything, for me I loved watching the breaks. Every layout looked like the reason I practiced 10-ball. No throw-in runouts. Pattern play and driving the car was what it was all about.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played 10-ball as my main practice game since the 80’s, long before templates and beautiful equipment. I always racked for myself, obviously. And I broke from the side. Breaking from the center always had good spreads but nothing would ever go! So going to the side rail and hoping for the 1-ball in the side was the best. Once every few racks, I’d get racks like these. I certainly wasn’t intentionally slugging myself, but coming from the side, any small “balls are touching but not leaning” will give the slug rack.

If anything, for me I loved watching the breaks. Every layout looked like the reason I practiced 10-ball. No throw-in runouts. Pattern play and driving the car was what it was all about.

did you watch the vids posted above?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I first saw this rack (on stream, never in person), my reaction was it’s a good way to manufacture a rack.

The top can be laser cut/Waterjet cut, or CNC cut, depending on the material, thickness, and the tolerances. So no tooling (for injection molding) involved. If they can avoid CNC, laser and Waterjet are usually a lot cheaper.

The standoffs are probably off the shelf.

It’s a unique look, and I don’t think its design is inherently worse than a traditional wood rack.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
well obviously not. but atleast it's seemingly fair in that they all get the slug from time to time.

they should sort it out though because it's the worst possible advertising for the predator aero rack
I have never seen that rack before. It costs $100, for an additional $65 I can buy a Delta Elite, no way in the world would I drop $100 on that ugly POS Aero rack.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad someone else pointed that out. The commentators seemed stunned into silence after it happened, maybe they didn't want to trash the referee or the rack maker has a gag order on them.
Gloves don't have the grip to properly spin the balls into place so resort to just jamming them into the apex. Another potential fail is the rack is too wide to anchor _while_ you spin the balls into place.

23-USPBS-LV-HO-MP-0226-172643.jpg

I veen dence 2 time. Dees time they geev box from kreppy reck.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad someone else pointed that out. The commentators seemed stunned into silence after it happened, maybe they didn't want to trash the referee or the rack maker has a gag order on them.

probably the case. in a first round match one of the commentators said something about it but after that, nothing. the rack maker is their employer.

CJBCoug

They definitely went out of their way to not say they were bad racks. It's actually quite amazing that you only saw a few racks like this, with them breaking from the side. It's not the physical racks guys, it's the rackers. They have a hard job, can't imagine the pressure of racking so many times and the pressure it has on your back too.