Amarith Black....

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Anybody who thinks making the 5-ball the color of the 4-ball probably can’t spell
COLOR CODING......I hope they don’t have anything to say about traffic lights.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There the kind of balls meant for a collector’s shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they play any differently than other high cost sets? Other than the color, what is different? Do they last longer?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rough crowd

Yes, great for the “collector”. And player. And Aramith fan / fanatic. Or anyone that wants to have (one of) the best engineered ball sets on the planet right now. Has to be the greatest 9 ball ever made to-date.....except for the Raschig bumblebee of course!

From my table to your eyes:

f84e2c50816fb2b797e182af1678204e.jpg

Come on guys - every man worth his cue in playing ability KNOWS that pool isn’t about the colors - it’s the numbers. NO ONE has ever called “the solid purple ball in the side pocket” and you rough bunchers know it. Except snooker and Blackball of course.

But I’m just a collector.

Hey - the OP asked. And answered.

Buy a box TODAY and you’ll love them for a lifetime.

~ K.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Future collectors item

Yes, these won't last long. IMO the most annoying ball set ever made. I played one evening with these balls and played position for the wrong ball twice. Nobody looks at the numbers when they play 9/10 ball. A very good player whom I played against made the same mistake 3 times. I'm sure after a week or so, I'd never make the mistake again, but it's so ingrained to look at the pattern by the colours, it'll take some time to get past it. Luckily nobody is stupid enough to do the same colour switch thing in snooker.

I like playing with different and exotic ball sets, for fun with friends. I dislike playing with such sets when I play tournaments or practise for tournaments. It's a whole different mindset.

What's next, are they going to make the 3 ball blue and the 2 red, just to screw with us? How about coming up with an original font/design, rather than randomly switching colours around?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... NO ONE has ever called “the solid purple ball in the side pocket” and you rough bunchers know it. ...
That's not quite true. I was playing in the 1977 World 14.1 Championship in Asbury Park, and I was stuck trying to decide between shots on the 6 and the 14. I told the ref, who was announcing each ball on each shot, what I had decided so far: "One of the green ones." He dutifully repeated my call to the audience. (That was way back when the 6 and 14 were green.:wink:)

As for the OP, I have a problem with the color scheme. I often play on tables where the lights don't really reach as far as the end rails. In case you have to cut in the 8 ball frozen to the Brunswick, good luck to you. I don't want more darkness in the balls I use.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Personally I find it easier to see the edges of lighter colored balls. I have the Aramith Pro Tournament set and love them.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey - the OP asked. And answered.

Buy a box TODAY and you’ll love them for a lifetime.

~ K.

Out of curiosity, do you sell billiard supplies? I was wondering if you did and whether that might color your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good grief, those are the ugliest things I’ve ever seen!

That notwithstanding, that girlfriend is still a keeper! :)