American 14.1 Straight Pool Championship

So it looks like the last two days will overlap the 1P event at Pat's Int Open. A little more talent than in CW's last event :D
 
Looks like a killer field.

All the credit and thanks to Peter Burrows for helping to keep competitive straight pool, which was practically on death row in America, alive. Peter is a highly valued member of the American pool community and those, like me, who know him, recognize that his hard work to make this event happen is a labor of love.

Good luck to all of these exceptional players.
 
Can Peter Burrows be inducted into a Hall of Fame?
 
Very happy to see this event is still "on". My only question is when do we see the actual registered and paid list of participants- just not sure what "expected" means in terms of the list. We are about six weeks out- either you paid and are in it or you are not- At this point anyone wanting to support this event either with their attendance, a donation, or both is expecting to see paid registrant list- if the "expected attendees list" is in fact a list of paid registrants; then so state it.
How would one decide to attend a concert of " expected performers"? I have never seen that term used for a national or international event.

I am very thankful for those responsible for keeping this alive. Please just update the website with your current registered and paid entrants, or change the terminology used to describe your current attendee lists. If anyone on your list is still unsure about attendance due to Covid or other mitigating factors, such as travel to the U.S., etc.- just note them as pending on your list.

I personally would like to book some time to be there in person and also donate to the cause- holding off right now to see what is the reality of the situation.
 
Very happy to see this event is still "on". My only question is when do we see the actual registered and paid list of participants- just not sure what "expected" means in terms of the list. We are about six weeks out- either you paid and are in it or you are not- At this point anyone wanting to support this event either with their attendance, a donation, or both is expecting to see paid registrant list- if the "expected attendees list" is in fact a list of paid registrants; then so state it.
How would one decide to attend a concert of " expected performers"? I have never seen that term used for a national or international event.

I am very thankful for those responsible for keeping this alive. Please just update the website with your current registered and paid entrants, or change the terminology used to describe your current attendee lists. If anyone on your list is still unsure about attendance due to Covid or other mitigating factors, such as travel to the U.S., etc.- just note them as pending on your list.

I personally would like to book some time to be there in person and also donate to the cause- holding off right now to see what is the reality of the situation.
Im not The events PR man but I just spoke to peter Burrows on the phone and its a full field and he might expand the field from 48 players to 56. Its a round Robin Tourney so its done is groups of 6 players in each bracket. He said its the best field of players he has ever had in the event and it will be live streamed. I dont know the stream company but its being done by Jake Lawson. Also no Harriman or Schmidt playing.
 
How do players from out of the U.S. justify the expense of competing with such low pay outs?
 
Danny won this event twice when it was called the Maryland 14.1 Championship.
True, but that was more than a decade ago. Schmidt won it in 2012, and was a finalist in 2011. Thorsten Hohman was a finalist four times.

But Danny is 'one of the best in 14.1' according to Danny, so it would be great to see him enter.
 
Very happy to see this event is still "on". My only question is when do we see the actual registered and paid list of participants- just not sure what "expected" means in terms of the list. We are about six weeks out- either you paid and are in it or you are not- At this point anyone wanting to support this event either with their attendance, a donation, or both is expecting to see paid registrant list- if the "expected attendees list" is in fact a list of paid registrants; then so state it.
How would one decide to attend a concert of " expected performers"? I have never seen that term used for a national or international event.

I am very thankful for those responsible for keeping this alive. Please just update the website with your current registered and paid entrants, or change the terminology used to describe your current attendee lists. If anyone on your list is still unsure about attendance due to Covid or other mitigating factors, such as travel to the U.S., etc.- just note them as pending on your list.

I personally would like to book some time to be there in person and also donate to the cause- holding off right now to see what is the reality of the situation.
I noticed the "expected" too on the list of players. I wonder how many of those players on the "expected" list are going to show up.
66.JPG
 
Im not The events PR man but I just spoke to peter Burrows on the phone and its a full field and he might expand the field from 48 players to 56. Its a round Robin Tourney so its done is groups of 6 players in each bracket. He said its the best field of players he has ever had in the event and it will be live streamed. I dont know the stream company but its being done by Jake Lawson. Also no Harriman or Schmidt playing.
Jake Lawson is a homeboy and cool. If he's involved, I trust it will be done well. :)
 
I just sent them an email alerting them to a minor typo on their website under the category of "2021 Format" https://americanstraightpool.com/2021-format
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We are excited to return to Barry Behrman's legendary Q-Master Billiards next year. Our dates are Tuesday through Saturday, Oct 19-23, 2021. Finals on Saturday afternoon. We expect a field of 48 - 56 world class players before the Pat Fleming International 9-Ball Open Oct 22 - 30, 2020.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see, Pat's 9-Ball Open should read as 2021 instead of the presently typed 2020.

Arnaldo ~ compulsively picky, picky, picky :)
 
I just sent them an email alerting them to a minor typo on their website under the category of "2021 Format"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We are excited to return to Barry Behrman's legendary Q-Master Billiards next year. Our dates are Tuesday through Saturday, Oct 19-23, 2021. Finals on Saturday afternoon. We expect a field of 48 - 56 world class players before the Pat Fleming International 9-Ball Open Oct 22 - 30, 2020.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see, Pat's 9-Ball Open should read as 2021 instead of the presently typed 2020.

Arnaldo ~ compulsively picky, picky, picky :)
Good eye, and good catch!
 
Im not The events PR man but I just spoke to peter Burrows on the phone and its a full field and he might expand the field from 48 players to 56. Its a round Robin Tourney so its done is groups of 6 players in each bracket. He said its the best field of players he has ever had in the event and it will be live streamed. I dont know the stream company but its being done by Jake Lawson. Also no Harriman or Schmidt playing.
Thanks- glad to hear!
How do players from out of the U.S. justify the expense of competing with such low pay outs?
I am guessing that if the US Open 9 ball is in NJ in Sept. and the Intl. 9 ball follows the 14.1 then Intl. pros might arrive in Sept. and stay for all 3 events - just a guess.
 
How do players from out of the U.S. justify the expense of competing with such low pay outs?
In the distant past, I have played large festivals/concerts for ‘pocket change’, just to be on the same bill as the legendary musicians I idolized. I imagine those players who love straight pool and have worked at it hard enough to become really great, would likely PAY for a chance win the championship and thus be in the record book (?).
 
How do players from out of the U.S. justify the expense of competing with such low pay outs?
If you finish 24th or higher, you get back at least $700 which is a pretty good deal. More than half of the prize fund is added money. If they are going to play in the International Open, travel is zero and the hotel is a pretty good rate for the extra nights:

CropperCapture[743].png
 
Back
Top