American Straight Pool Championship - Oct 19th to 23rd *free* live streaming

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In my opinion, this is the strongest 14.1 field we've seen on American soil since we had the WPA sanctioned World 14.1 events of 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010. The presence of many confirmed sharpshooters whose 14.1 speed is completely unknown also adds some flavor to this event. Cinderella need not apply as far as snapping off this event, for it's a field of champions. Good luck to all of the participants.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Souquet has a surprisingly low 5.9 balls per inning average in his current match. He's still up 107-48.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion, this is the strongest 14.1 field we've seen on American soil since we had the WPA sanctioned World 14.1 events of 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010. The presence of many confirmed sharpshooters whose 14.1 speed is completely unknown also adds some flavor to this event. Cinderella need not apply as far as snapping off this event, for it's a field of champions. Good luck to all of the participants.
Unless there's a tie and they go to spot-shots. ;)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Souquet has a surprisingly low 5.9 balls per inning average in his current match. He's still up 107-48.
Unless you know that he hasn't been playing some safeties, there should be nothing surprising here. Irving Crane won world championships averaging between 7 and 8. BPI matters but it can be very misleading, and one way to raise one's BPI is to shoot when a safety is a better percentage. In addition, the more experienced players will end up in longer safety battles and will take more fouls in the process, which will drive down their BPI.

In the end, the only statistic that matters is wins and losses.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SVB runs 125 and out on Lee Vann and continues to 210. That's a record for the event (with an * for the continuation). The miss was an 89-degree cut shot that I think kissed out when the CB came off the rack.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take Earl to win it all.

Edit: He's playing now, looking good so far:

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope Preston Statler (no fargo rating and down 87-2) is enjoying watching Earl play! Expensive ticket but probably still a cool experience for him.

Earl looks pretty scruffy since I turned on the stream, missing a pretty easy shot and then scratching off a break shot. It won't matter in this match but he will get run over by the likes of Gorst or Zielinski if he keeps it up.

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zielinski is crushing it!

Unlike most American pros he also actually looks presentable, wearing a collared shirt that's tucked in.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
SVB runs 125 and out on Lee Vann and continues to 210. That's a record for the event (with an * for the continuation). The miss was an 89-degree cut shot that I think kissed out when the CB came off the rack.
Why was the run continued?

As far as high run, this is a run of 125 and out. At the Dragon 14.1 event one year, Evgeny Stalev ran what I believe was 151 and out and continued up to 224, but for the purpose of the high run prize, his run was counted as 151, just as it should have been.

Balls run after the end of a match are for practice, and are ultimately meaningless. Appleton's 200 and out against Bustamante remains the competitive record for high run.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why was the run continued?

As far as high run, this is a run of 125 and out. At the Dragon 14.1 event one year, Evgeny Stalev ran what I believe was 151 and out and continued up to 224, but for the purpose of the high run prize, his run was counted as 151, just as it should have been.

Balls run after the end of a match are for practice, and are ultimately meaningless. Appleton's 200 and out against Bustamante remains the competitive record for high run.
Clap clap clap

I really wish they would just stop right at the end of the match and record whatever the high run is. That continuing stuff just makes things that much longer than it needs to be.

Unfortunately this a symptom of the systemic issues with professional pool. I realize those streaming cams are expensive. I have lived my life by either doing things right or not doing them at all. I was really looking forward to seeing this and I couldn't watch it. Just too poorly done.