Any Good Books Coming Out?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I beg to differ on this one. If the goal is not money, but rather broadcasting the message to the masses, then giving away the information is the way to go. If it absolutely must be in written form and not on youtube (ironic, as the CTE supporters always said you can't learn CTE in a 2D book), then post it as a Dr. Dave or Tor Lowry kind of thing, in writing, downloadable. Why spend $40,000 when the information can be produced for practically free and disseminated on the web? If Stan wants this information to survive through future generations I think having it all out there on the web is a better bet than sitting on some dark shelf collecting dust.

I guess so. But with 100+ videos already available, I just don't see the another video series being anything much different than what's already out there. The book, however, is something new, something different, something that is supposed to be "the greatest contribution" ever to the pool world.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess so. But with 100+ videos already available, I just don't see the another video series being anything much different than what's already out there. The book, however, is something new, something different, something that is supposed to be "the greatest contribution" ever to the pool world.

But, but, but what if all that early stuff really wasn't "THE TRUTH?"

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Anytime I see something about, "The Truth", or, "What they're hiding", or, "What they don't want you to know", it registers as a scam to me.
CTE is a kind of scam, but not the bad kind. The bad kind would be if Stan knowingly misled his customers for craven profit. I'm sure Stan believes everything he says and his customers get what they want.

The "good scam" is the fanciful explanation(s) for how the system works - it's not a bad scam because it's innocent (he believes it) and it's what his customers want and works best for them.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Lmao. I like you boxcar. Funny stuff.:grin:

whats funny is why would somebody go an copy an paste some stupid crap like that in a pool forum. If you really dont know what it means when somebody says the edge of the ball, you sure in the hell shouldnt be posting .
I think cte would be impossible for some ....know edges.:smile:

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
CTE is a kind of scam, but not the bad kind. The bad kind would be if Stan knowingly misled his customers for craven profit. I'm sure Stan believes everything he says and his customers get what they want.

The "good scam" is the fanciful explanation(s) for how the system works - it's not a bad scam because it's innocent (he believes it) and it's what his customers want and works best for them.

pj
chgo

I may not believe everything Stan says about his system, but I assure you nothing about this man seems like a scam to me. I think your crossing the line a little here.
Attaching scam to his name in anyway is just wrong.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I may not believe everything Stan says about his system, but I assure you nothing about this man seems like a scam to me. I think your crossing the line a little here.

I agree with you on this.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think PJ is using the word "scam" in a different way. He's not calling Stan a scam artist. He's saying that CTE uses a false premise that sounds good and motivates some players. Maybe scam wasn't the right word but PJ specifically said Stan is not scamming anyone intentionally.

The only thing I would add is that when something absurd is being put forward there are always two unattractive explanations. Take flat earther's, for example. Are they scamming and punking people for monetary or other reasons, or is their reasoning ability so poor that they actually believe what they are saying?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I think PJ is using the word "scam" in a different way. He's not calling Stan a scam artist. He's saying that CTE uses a false premise that sounds good and motivates some players. Maybe scam wasn't the right word but PJ specifically said Stan is not scamming anyone intentionally.
That was the purpose of my post - responding to somebody else who used the word "scam".

pj
chgo

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PJ,

What would it be like if you took out the letter "c" and replaced it with the letter "p"?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same old stuff....day after day from "Mr. Dubious"

The only thing I would add is that when something absurd is being put forward there are always two unattractive explanations. Take flat earther's, for example. Are they scamming and punking people for monetary or other reasons, or is their reasoning ability so poor that they actually believe what they are saying?
The only scam in this place is the ridicule and lies about Stan Shuffett you and your cohorts have been laying down for years.
Aren't you the one who piously proclaimed...."I don't talk about CTE much"...?
That's what you LIVE for, man. And from what I hear, you can't play a lick.
Go read your pooology book and wallow in your mediocrity.
:angry:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course you "don't see"..............you're too self absorbed in your little club.
And his book is a thousand miles ahead of that mediocre piece of crap about fractions that you're out there peddling.
SCREW YOU, Brian Crist and the horse you rode in on.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This place is nuts...........

The two biggest SCUM BAGS on the planet are at it again...Pat Johnson and Dan White using the word SCAM (SCAMMING) toward Stan.
Some idiot posted that Stan (CTE) was a SCAM. His name was GHOSTT.
Pat Johnson posted back:
"CTE is a kind of scam, but not the bad kind. The bad kind would be if Stan knowingly misled his customers for craven profit. I'm sure Stan believes everything he says and his customers get what they want.
The "good scam" is the fanciful explanation(s) for how the system works - it's not a bad scam because it's innocent (he believes it) and it's what his customers want and works best for them."
THERE ARE NO TWO KINDS OF SCAM...BAD AND GOOD! IT DOESN'T EXIST. A SCAM IS WHAT IT IS, NONE GOOD!
DEFINITION OF SCAM: A DISHONEST SCHEME: A FRAUD - A SCAM IS AN ILLEGAL TRICK, USUALLY WITH THE PURPOSE OF GETTING MONEY FROM PEOPLE OR AVOINDING PAYING TAX. A CRIME
A "Fanciful Explanation(s)" is only played out in the Fanciful HATEFUL Imaginations of PAT JOHNSON and DAN WHITE (the interpreter) for his client. Stan's EXPLANATIONS are in fact HIS directions from hours of study and table time as the AUTHOR of CTE-PRO1 for a working method regarding the system. There is NOTHING FANCIFUL or DOUBLE TALKED that is supposed to just "sound good" for the audience. It is there for a REASON which is part of what makes the shots work.
Any and ALL aiming systems could be nitpicked apart by a Pat Johnson or others based on their INDIVIDUAL perspective of what it is and should be. It could be applied to Joe Tucker's Contact Point Aiming System; Brian Crist's Poolology; Ron Vitello's 90/90;
Marvin Chin's Equal and Opposite System; or Ekkhard Schneider-Lombard's SEE-SYSTEM.
Pat Johnson is an avowed atheist and has been for years as he has posted. So what does that mean other than to him?
He's in the tiny minority. The Pew Religious Landscape survey reported that as of 2014, 22.8% of the U.S. population is religiously unaffiliated, atheists made up 3.1% and agnostics made up 4% of the U.S. population.
He is also in the tiny minority of those who really are knowledgeable and have been deeply involved with CTE. If there is any fringe minority cult leader and group it's the psycho Anti-CTE naysayers on this Aiming Forum of AZB. They gather here every single day chanting and deriding what they deem as blasphemy.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Yeah, when people don't understand why something works out, like the Inscribed Angle Theorem or a Square Root for example, as long as they can use it and make it work, then "why" it works isn't important, which means almost any explanation can be attached to it and many will say, "Ok, that makes sense", even though it doesn't.

A good example: The square root of 64 is 8. It's 8 because 8 X 8 = 64. You learned it through memorization. Now someone comes along and tells you this, "You don't have to memorize if you just do it like I do. I know the solution is 8 because 6 + 4 = 10, and 6 - 4 = 2, so therefore 10 - 2 = 8". Well you'd think that was pretty cool. It's a neat little coincidence, but it's not why 8 is the square root of 64. Using that logic process the square root of 25 would be 4, not 5 (5 + 2 = 7, 5 - 2 = 3, then 7 - 3 = 4). But the square root of 36 would work out correctly because 6 + 3 = 9, and 6 - 3 = 3, then 9 - 3 = 6. So it works, but it doesn't work everytime or very often.

In order to use this square root reasoning/logic and arrive at a correct solution, you'd first have to know the correct solution and then tweak the numbers when needed to make the process arrive at that known solution.

Like when you see 49, you'd have to tweak one or both numbers to make it work. Eventually you learn all the little tweaks. With 49, for example, sticking strictly with the process would give you 8. But experience tells you 8 is not right. You know the square root of 49 is 7. So you'll have to tweak the numbers in order to arrive at 7. Here you could subtract 0.5 from the first step, (4 + 9) - 0.5 = 12.5, then add 0.5 to the second step, (9 - 4) + 0.5 = 5.5, and now 12.5 - 5.5 = 7, the answer you know is right. With enough practice and repetition, you'll eventually be able to make the process work for a lot of numbers. Or you'll realize that you could've already memorized most of the solutions you're trying to work out.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Of course you "don't see"..............you're too self absorbed in your little club.
And his book is a thousand miles ahead of that mediocre piece of crap about fractions that you're out there peddling.
SCREW YOU, Brian Crist and the horse you rode in on.

I have only ridden a horse once in my life, many years ago. Not sure why you are so irritated.

All I was saying was that there are 100+ videos already available for free on Stan's YouTube channel. How much more information will the "Truth" series videos really provide beyond these 100+ videos??

I think the book is a great thing because it has the potential of providing a fresh new look at the system, a more in depth opportunity for people to learn and study Stan's work. So it makes more sense, to me anyway, to not undermine book sales if you expect people to buy your book. That probably makes no sense to you, but that doesn't surprise me.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Low, for crying out loud! Did you even read the post? I suspect you saw the word "scam" and loaded up both barrels, without even reading the post.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raise your hand if you didn't expect this thread to turn into a shit show from the very moment Dan posted this baiting bullshit. By the way, Merry Christmas

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Raise your hand if you didn't expect this thread to turn into a shit show from the very moment Dan posted this baiting bullshit. By the way, Merry Christmas
Raise your hand if you're surprised it was another CTE Cheerleader who went nuts (as usual).

pj <- something in the Kool Aid?
chgo